Black Relationships : ...would u speak???

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by NADIA*BINTA, Jun 20, 2003.

1. NADIA*BINTA

NADIA*BINTA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    okay... here was my literal scenario:

i'm in the store w/my man... puttering around getting a few thangs... when in the corner of my eye... i spy an old flame...
    immediately i think ****!... and decide to make a subtle detour... of course that didn't work... he's approaching... i decide i'm not gonna speak... especially since this was someone i use to freak!

he passes... then says HEY NADIA! extremely loud... i turn around say oh hey... and continue on my way... meanwhile, my man's looking like who is that?!... but thank God, he doesn't ask... cuz i didn't wanna lie...

so... here's your scenario:.... if you're w/your significant other... and see an ex or someone you use to sex... would you speak?...

personally i wouldn't (as you noticed in the above) out of respect... or @ least i wouldn't initiate any salutations... cause i wouldn't want my man to speak to someone he use to freak while he's with me...

so tell me... would you speak?!

peace

2. Indra

Indra Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    In reply to your question:

No i would humm something very unclear and leave the store as soon as possible! Not really out of respect because i told my man everything (my life was sexually probably boring) even tough he didn't want to hear it, but i would leave because i don't like scene's so much unless i have a very good reason to make one.

Indra

3. SwtT

SwtT Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educational/Human Resources field
    Ratings:
    +28
    No, because I have too much respect for my current mate TO respnod.....

4. Ebony Goddess

Ebony Goddess Member MEMBER

US Air Force
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would give a quick hello and keep going.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    i would say hi and keep moving
    this let my mate know it's somebody i knew
    and let the other party know i'm with my lady
    so back off...............

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Yes, I would speak. Would you speak IF your current lover wasn't with you? Then why not when he's there? Speaking or being cordial isn't the same as a lap dance, is it? How is being rude or phony to a former lover translate into respect for a current lover? Why be insecure about it? If your feelings for the person you're with are strong enough, deep enough, genuine enough, why behave like they can be shaken by a memory of what it used to be like with someone else before he came along?

Peace.

7. NADIA*BINTA

NADIA*BINTA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    by not speaking there wasn't any intent to be rude or phony... but i knew what type of person the ex was... and whether i'd spoke or not... he would've wanted to make his presence known to stir trouble...

now... if it was somebody else... hmmm... still don't think i would speak... my situations unique... plus... i think it depends on who your w/ and their modes of jealousy... and my man... my husband... would've felt disrespected if he knew who was speaking to me...

so i guess deciding if you speak... would vary from couple to couple...

i STILL wouldn't speak... and wouldn't feel offended if i saw an ex and he didn't speak to me... AND NO... i wouldn't have spoke if my man wasn't with me... :)

thankx for the feedback y'all....

peace

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    this say it all ....
    then i would have not said a word
    and got away from around him as fast as i could
    a trouble maker easy to fine but hard to get rid of
    well felt and very good reason why

9. Maat

Maat Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I would greet my ex and leave it at that. What do you want to talk any more about? He is your ex for a reason and your current partner should know all about your ex's, therefore you should not feel a way to say Hi to your ex in front of him.

In fact, doing so would show your ex and your current partner that there is no threat and what's in the past is in the past, no hard feelings......unless of course there are some.

10. Alizentang

Alizentang Well-Known Member MEMBER

Nurse
    Ratings:
    +3
    I would speak. Unless of course the break up was bad, or there are hard feelings between the both of us. Actually, I'd probally still speak, just to show him that I'm bigger than that and totally over whatever happened in the past. I don't keep things from my man, so actually he'd probally already know who he was. But then again I've been friends with my man since I was 4 so...he knows pretty much everything about me and the people I've been with. I think you are right when you say that it varies depending on the couple and the past relationship you had with the person you're bumping into.

Good Topic
    Much Love
    :heart:Alize:heart: