Black Spirituality Religion : Would U Join a Sci-Fi Religion?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    [​IMG]
    Beliefs evolve and so do we.

A Brotha in the Nation of Islam once told me that "Religion" is vehicle we either lease, borrow or purchase based upon what we can afford. All we really know is that "God" calls us to a certain destination at a certain time and it's our jobs to get there. The vehicle that will get us to God's destination "on time" is the vehicle we have mastered without mistakes that slow us down.

He told me for example that "Islam" is a religion that Africans have already mastered. Every vehicle has flaws, but the main point is: does it get you where you need to go when you need to get there? I figured his analogy was a very incredible way to view religion. I look at my own car sometimes and I am able to see past the rusted paint, dented hood and scratches. It gets me from point A to B- I don't worry about much else.

But one day while driving, a thought struck me.
    What if Africans mastered a "religion" that is so far in our distant past, even beyond the recorded history of our Ancient Africans, a system that we have mastered but exists only within our genetic memory? OK- most of us will say, well you're only talking about African spiritual systems. But haven't some Black people in the spiritual, new age and metaphysical communities built an entire "religion" around movies like the Matrix, Star Wars and a few others?

Now if you find your defending your belief in "Star Wars" against a Christian....it's time to take a step back. Now to be fair this thing is going on system wide. It's not just Black people, and in fact Black people aren't the ones starting these movements at all.

Are we?

I keep hearing that Dr. York plagiarized the works of Zacharia Stichin, and if so "The Nuwaubians" could technically be classified as a "sci-fi" religion. Because Zacharia Stichin- in case we haven't figured out yet- writes sci-fi. Now the issue is there is truth is science fiction. No one can say that Dr. York or Stichin aren't speaking truths. Well, we can say it- but who can prove it?

[​IMG]

Still, to our credit- you can count "African-centered" Sci-fi religions on one hand. And even those we might consider far fetched as still composed of Ancient kemetic truths.

At one point Christianity and Islam were in the same predicament. All plagiarized works from Ancient people that modeled their life alongside the movements of the heavens and seasons on earth.

Very soon, this might be the new "Cross" the new symbol of "religiousness."

[​IMG]

The Jedi church recognizes that all people have an innate knowledge of what is right and wrong, and the Jedi Church celebrates this like no other religion. The basic concepts and ideals of the Jedi religion were introduced by the fictional Star Wars movies. However, these concepts were quickly and readily recognized by many people throughout the world as being a religion that they could more readily ascribe to than traditional religions.

The Jedi Code

There is no emotion;
    There is peace.
    There is no ignorance;
    There is knowledge.
    There is no passion;
    There is serenity.
    There is no chaos;
    There is harmony.
    There is no death;
    There is the Force.

"Jesus is a now Jedi."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You know these things always start off well and good at first. And then the next thing you know someone is serving tainted kool-aid. All religions start out as small cults and eventually membership grows and grows. What's happening is that people are evolving towards newer "theories" about the nature of their reality. The main difference between say "the force" and "God" is that the Jedi learns how to use the force to their will. But perhaps it is true that religions use "God" to their will as well.

How do you measure a person's madness or genius? By what they leave behind.

[​IMG]
    L. Ron Hubbard's religion "Scientology" is spread throughout the world.
    [​IMG]

If the world didn't have so many problems perhaps we wouldn't need religions at all. Sci-fiction has the ability to reach certain people on a very deep level. Perhaps it has always been that way, from science fiction of today to spirit fiction/mythology of our past.

I'm still amazed that "The Nation of Islam" is classified as a Sci-fi religion or a UFO religion as it states here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_religion

The Honorable Elijah Muhammad told us of a giant Motherplane that is made like the universe, spheres within spheres. White people call them unidentified flying objects (UFOs). Ezekiel, in the Old Testament, saw a wheel that looked like a cloud by day but a pillar of fire by night. The Hon. Elijah Muhammad said that that wheel was built on the island of Nippon, which is now called Japan, by some of the original scientists. It took 15 billion dollars in gold at that time to build it. It is made of the toughest steel. America does not yet know the composition of the steel used to make an instrument like it. It is a circular plane, and the Bible says that it never makes turns. Because of its circular nature it can stop and travel in all directions at speeds of thousands of miles per hour. He said there are 1,500 small wheels in this mother wheel which is a half mile by a half mile (800 by 800 m). This Mother Wheel is like a small human built planet. Each one of these small planes carry three bombs.

[​IMG]

Are we saying the Hon.Elijah Muhammad was a science fiction writer as well?

2. 44Reasons

44Reasons Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    What are you talking about Meta,I'm not recruiting people.:donttell:

3. lilpea

lilpea Moderator STAFF

United States
    retired
    Ratings:
    +343
    hahahhahahahahahahahaha

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    As far as your question is concerned, I answer NO. As a writer I am working with "history" and "science" and his is where I come to historic and scientific "fiction". I say this since much of what is considered "science fiction" is essentially historical in nature or based on historic events. I am presetly doing the same thing in my various writing projects.

So back to the question. Why would I join something when I can create my own "religion"? lol!

I refer as Om. How many people already chant my "mantra"? My name is "Michael". John Travolta already played that part. lol!

Finally, I have been reading Naim Akbar's "Community of Self". I read this years ago and have been coming back to several of Dr. Akbar's books lately. If everything comes down to "self-initiation" and "self-actualization" then why join any "religion" where one is focused on the "Others" when the Self actualized makes one in this world an "Alien" or one with Super Natural power?

I thnk that as far as the NOI is concerned since I can remember, from when my family as in the NOI, I have had dreams of "Motherships" and "ets" long before seeing any sci-fi movies, and some of these dreams seemed very real. So the NOI being classified as they have is no surprise to me. But what about George Clinton and Parliament/Funkadelic? lol!

Peace,
    Om....The Sleeping Prophet Awakened

Oh yeah.lol! Akashic records. Always thought this was an interesting "character".

5. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    I agree with bro OMO, and actually that is a great idea. Why not start your own personal religion.. lol. Some people say that is what Ra Un Nefer Amen did, but thats more of a personal thing.

A sci-fi religion would be cool though foreal, especially if all the creative energy behind it is coming from you. It would put the individual maybe into a whole 'nother world. People like Ron Hubbard, George Lucas and others first studied the occult sciences, then made their own stuff, sounds good to me. Its amazing that it wasn't switched around and that Star Wars wasn't the new official religion (some say it was at a time) rather then scientology. One just decided to implement his ideas into a movie the other, a religion. lol.

Just like Malachi, who went through all diferent kinds of works and studies and made his own stuff, why don't we do the same? Did our ancestors create their traditions when they came to the earth? Who lies at the center of all these traditions as the creator and originator, I say its an individual being a god and creating, the self.

6. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Br:confused:M you definitely hit a note when you said George Clinton. That Master is definitely not from here. Which is another reason I had the thought that we have so much genetic history within us who is to say we don't already know about these ships? I look at people like Afrika Bambaataa who was Sci-fi before I even knew what Sci-fi was.

What I find interesting is that most of us weren't really into like Dr. Who and say science fiction writers from back in the 50s and 60s. But we exist within their "dreamt up" reality. Most people forget that the very act of making music electronically was first written of as science fiction and then became reality. We do in fact life within a sci-fi reality that was dreamt up many years ago.

You can tell who is really "ruling the world" by who the dreamers are and how quickly their dreams are made manifest.

Some have said that mythology IS science fiction because it shapes the Human psyche when they are young children. Most religions steers us into the idea of achieving immortality. As in, you do these lists of things, live your life in this way and you just might be given abundant life. That is very sci-fi. In fact only of the oldest writings classified as "sci-fi" - The epic of Gilgamesh using immorality that sense as well. In that case it's safe to say the "holy Bible" is sci-fi as well. Channeled by the relationship between spirits of the future and the Sage.

Most sci-fi writers past and present are White. Even those like Roger Zelazny that write about African and kemetic mythology.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatures_of_Light_and_Darkness

[​IMG]

Today we can still count Black science fiction writers on one hand. And even only one will come to mind for most people. Octavia Butler.

This could be because most Black "writers" speak their fiction through the genre of music, keeping close to the "oral traditions" of our Ancestors. Our Human psyche has also been grafted by musicians and great orators. Now others will say Black folks don't read allot of sci-fi to begin with. The majority of Black readers are female, and sci-fi is mainly a male dominated genre.

But this might also be about how we define "science" and "fiction" because we know that the female psyche can be modeled by fantasies that can exist within the same genre. The ultimate goal with science fiction however it to get people to "invent" the things they desire by giving them instructions and mental images via some type of medium.

We know there are more StarTrek and Klingon religions out there, but Bill Gates is a Trekie, in fact most of the Rulers of Silicon valley are. Those stories inspired these Men to use their intelligence to create the objects they saw in a desired reality. Even the "holodeck" has been recreated because this is where most blue-screened movies are done to begin with.

Personally I believe the harnessing of etheric forces and power is the technology of African people, so learning the technology taught to us via sci-fi might be going backwards. We would have to start back where we left off. Tesla figured out the free energy system of the pyramid and this technology is being used today to master the world.

Could we imagine what Africans could be capable of? The whole idea is that we should imagine it, and teach our youth how to use their imagination to control the intellect.

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I just have two things to add here. Let's say that CHAOS is a "religion". When ever I see those words my mind goes back to X-CLAN.

The other thing is the jazz avante-gardist SUN RA. You know I gotta always find a link to Music. lol!

SUN RA's Arkestra was like the Tuat or Ark of RA long before Malachi York or even P-Funk and X-Clan. However, the NOI definitely inspired this entire form of Black Consciousness.

8. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    You dropping some serious names Bro. OM! Bro. J from X-clan said in the song ADAM - "I am son of the Chaos so my brothers call me Cosmic." He also mentions that concept under the track "Dark Sun Riders."

The more I study this, the more I reharsh my complaint against Hip-Hop. I mean, who really took the ball from X-Clan and Public Enemy and kept going with it? No one is dropping these types of jewels, perhaps on an underground level, but not on a level where those who want to capture the information can.

I truly believe we write most of our sci-fi in our music. It didn't start with hip-hop, but it always starts with those who think multi-dimensionally.

The name is Jupiter, from the galaxy
    I came to meet you, to make you free
    Deliver to you a flower from
    A distant planet, from where I come

Jupiter governs long distance and foreign travel, higher education, religion and the law. Jupiter represents justice, truth, honesty, clarity of heart, cleanliness, cheerfulness, good character, soft-heartedness, broad-mindedness, independence, God fearing, rituals, devotional songs, religious activities and religious duties, perfect in art of diplomacy, learning and teaching, love and affection towards others, respect, fame, success, optimism, abundance, wealth, money, anxiety to alleviate sufferings of other people, happiness, real joy, open and wide sky, creation and listening of sound, expansion in the body, expansion in the nature, compassion, fulfillment of the duties, charity, donation,smiling face, courage, compromising nature and spiritual.It is also associated with the urge for freedom and exploration, humanitarian and protecting roles, and with gambling and merrymaking or ‘joviality’.
    http://www.decisioncare.org/planets/jupiter-astrology/

Jupiter=Jove
    From medieval times, Jove has been used in English as a poetical way of referring to Jupiter. It has also been linked to Jehovah, a form of the Hebrew name of God used in some translations of the Bible. By Jove was a mild oath, an exclamation that indicated surprise or gave emphasis to some comment, which dates from the sixteenth century. It was originally a neat way of calling on a higher power without using the blasphemous by God. Shakespeare used it in Love’s Labours Lost in 1588: “By Jove, I always took three threes for nine”.

9. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424

X-Clan "Verbs of power"

To compare me or dare me is foolish, it's more than a job
    No entertainment - illogical odd god
    Has come - straight from Amon-Tet with the herb dish
    Come with the Verb Stick, the bag of the new tricks
    Stronger than ever, my intent of the universe
    Coming of immortals is the strength of the verse
    That's the power

Remember those days when "metaphysical" lyrics were important? Embedded within those lyrics are codes that help us to expand our imagination and develop the powers within self.

What would we become - If we could build our own religions to keep us in the process of God and Goddess development instead of slavery cultivation?

10. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Getting Deep in here Brother Meta! Okay...since you dropped Jupiter the Tropical Astrology folks gonna make me make this even deeper so I will switch from "sidereal mode" to turn some heat up on this.

I got some things in common here with Brothers Kwabena, Bobby Hemmitt and Sister Alexandra.

http://www.decisioncare.org/astrological-signs/sagittarius-astrology/

http://www.vedicastronomy.net/stars_dhanu.htm

This last link makes some interesting points concerning Ophiuchus or Moola (in Vedic Astrology) which is considered as "bad".

"In modern astronomy, there have been conjectures of a black hole at the center of our Milkiway."

Yeshua represents one aspect of Jupiter in Pisces.

Then there are those of US who represent the Jupiter aspect in the 9th sign which signifies Completion.
    .................................................:hearthis:
    Om Dhanu Raashi Geidi of Lost Sheep

Gathering the Remnant of the Ophiuchi at the Galactic Center

I AM Hetep!

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sci fi emblems