Black People : Would it matter? ...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ZeroGravity, Jul 18, 2002.

1. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity Well-Known Member MEMBER

System Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11
    If everything you know was wrong...would it matter?

2. Thandiwe

Thandiwe Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Kem...

then you are in for a big surprise! ;)

3. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity Well-Known Member MEMBER

System Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11
    True. :) ... As you say most people hold onto their beliefs like a religion, so would it really matter then that what they thought they knew was wrong? Wouldn't they still hold on to those same beliefs regardless of this new revelation? It's not easy giving up something that you truly believe in or was programmed to believe, so I'm just wondering if you wake up one day and find that everyting you know was wrong...would it really matter?

Thanks for the reply.

4. Thandiwe

Thandiwe Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    and as a result of those beliefs

you may have been mistreating, misjudging, not accepting of others with differnt beliefs and lifestyles.

matrix...

would you change of hold on to those beliefs. Kem you stated that one might try to destroy the evidence. would you want to change, want and help others to realize it or fight to keep things the same.

i guess if it benefitted them, some would fight for change, while others benefit with the status quo and would fight to stay the same. :)

are we really open minded? i know some people aren't open to my perspections about life and religion., "I need church and jesus they say". i often wonder what would happen to these people if we really did come from "monkeys"?

5. Nia Maishani

Nia Maishani Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business Owner
    Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
    Ratings:
    +1
    Nope

Would not matter to me at all. All the time, I question what I believe, what I read, what I hear and even what I see. I have very few standpoints that are set in stone. I am very open minded even when it comes to religion and sprituality. I recently even re-evalutated my longtime belief that every living thing has a right to life. I am a staunch opponent of capital punishment, but someone presented the idea to me that we have every right to protect our own survival and the survival of our race, even if it means killing those who kill us without warrant (the example in this case was John W. King, who brutally murdered James Byrd in Jasper, TX). I was arguing that James Byrd's son, who has now decided that his father's killer should be given life in prison rather than execution, is taking an admirable and honorable stance, and that capital punishment is never the answer. The debater gave me a healthy run for my stance.

Next, I believe that the only ones who would destroy the truth when it arose and who would destroy the truth bearers are those who have historically done so; namely, the albino mutants spoken of by Dr. Frances Cress-Welsing.

6. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,325
    Well, seeing as I've already gone through a similar case of sorts, I could say it mattered to the point of me searching day and night for what was the truth.