Black Education / Schools : Would a segragated educational system,based on race be beneficial to us?

Would a segragated educational system,based on race be beneficial to us?

• Yes

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • NO

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Why give up what we fought for.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • I lern better with whites.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Therefore they are segregated

Only by distance,I'm talking about all schools. A white teacher can teach a black student, but do you think a white teacher can relate fully to a black student? Like I said, I'm basing my opinion mostly on my personal experience. Now I ran into a brutha that didn't agree with me,but he also said that all of his life he has been raised around whites and all of his teachers were white. That's not his fault, but that is not the case with me. I've had both,and I know and feel the difference.

My son had his 1st grade teacher hang a note around his neck,and made him wear it all day because he was talking. Since he didn't like being made fun of, after that he kept his mouth shut. It was only a week because when we found out about it, we took care of it. But what is your opinion on her actions? She did get results.

Peace!

We don't need segregation. Education just needs to be made a priority at all levels of operation with the system we have. Our education system has a lot of strong parts already in place, and it just needs some overhauling.

Forming enclaves of mono-cultures have never improved matters of race. Having diverse schools provides not only provides a strong argument for teaching more about history from other perspectives or other cultures, but it provides a direct means of experience in an increasingly globalizing world.

This is all well and good, but our history is systematically being phased out of the public schools. There is less black history being taught today,than it was when I went to school. Decades ago,a sista I was seeing had a son in high school. He and other black students wanted to have a black history class. Their point was,you have white history,and other classes devoted to other races. After a few weeks of the principle beating around the bush,he finally told them that if they wanted to learn Black history;the had to go elsewhere after school. It was some community center,I forget what. But that is what they were told.

Sorry to say,out school system is broken,and has been for decades. Dr Steve Perry has the answer,what is wrong with following his model?

Peace!

If we don't teach our children who they are, They will!

They already are. I from time to time like to ask my older kids friends and X and George Washington. You know they know more about white historic figures than they do black? Everybody knows about MLK and those handful of others,but we are not taught about anybody other than them.

Peace!

Only by distance,I'm talking about all schools. A white teacher can teach a black student, but do you think a white teacher can relate fully to a black student? Like I said, I'm basing my opinion mostly on my personal experience. Now I ran into a brutha that didn't agree with me,but he also said that all of his life he has been raised around whites and all of his teachers were white. That's not his fault, but that is not the case with me. I've had both,and I know and feel the difference.

My son had his 1st grade teacher hang a note around his neck,and made him wear it all day because he was talking. Since he didn't like being made fun of, after that he kept his mouth shut. It was only a week because when we found out about it, we took care of it. But what is your opinion on her actions? She did get results.

Peace!
This is all contingent on your zip code. I live in a middle class Black neighborhood; not colored/white, not mixed. 95% of the teachers and administrators in my zip code are Original. Therefore I don't have said issues.

I did not grow up in the state I currently live. My mother was an educator for 40 years. She integrated her district and within 10 years it was all Black as well. I attended private school from K-12. I NEVER had a Black teacher/administrator/bus driver/janitor/etc. It wasn't until I was in HBCU college that I saw the difference. Superimposed with my lily white grad school. So..... Move, or put your child in a all-Black private school.

Question... Had your son's teacher been Black and done the same thing, would be as annoyed?

I feel this particular type of segregation done the right way could be beneficial in educating our race. I base this on my own personal experience. When I was in the 5th grade,my regular teacher(who was white) go sick. She was off for about two weeks,my sub was this beautiful black sista. She had a fro,earrings,bracelets,necklaces,and wore some kind of African garment everyday. She taught us what the school want her to teach us, But,she took it upon her self to teach us something about ourselves also. She is the reason I know how to count from one to ten in Swahili to this very day.

Now back to my point...

After the Civil War, Southern lawmakers and educators pre-determined that freed blacks were stupid, incorrgible and incapable of understanding their ways. Whites assimilated the Native Americans, Asians and Latinos. They did so with methods of coercion, intimidation, and force. These peoples learned to accept being "Americanized", now I'm not knocking this too much. Because on some level,in some way, we all are Americanized. The difference is, are you Americanized while at the same time accepting second class citizenship?

There are two things we have to keep in mind. One is that the education is doomed to fail,it is designed that way. Second, The white man has been fighting to keep us dumb and illiterate for centuries.

Oh come on Enki..we have schools also,and we have a choice.

And you are correct,but I've seen schools in predominately black areas get treated, and provided for differently that schools in predominately white areas.

When African slaves tried to educate themselves, they were killed. After being free, and we built schools, whites burned them.When we tried to be Christians, our churches were burned. Slaveowners killed off the educated blacks to keep their servants illiterate and docile. Whites killed off black preachers to keep blacks from finding a "belonging" or kinship with one another. Southern whites incorporated fearsome images of Denmark Vesey and Nat Turner as "reasons" to deny blacks education and their humanity. They didn't want their "star pupils" to end up betraying them.

But we did eventually get our own. All black schools began their rich history following the Reconstruction Era. For example Fisk University,Spelman, and Morehouse College to name a few. Institutions like these helped produce cultural icons, like Nikki Giovanni and MKL. When implemented in the right way, all black schools proved beneficial to shaping black students for life.

Peace!
Brother saying segragation is good is like saying a man raping his wife is cool

there is a world of difference between the term segregation and seperation

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back