Black Education / Schools : Would a segragated educational system,based on race be beneficial to us?

Would a segragated educational system,based on race be beneficial to us?

• Yes

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • NO

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Why give up what we fought for.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • I lern better with whites.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There are private schools already controlled by Black folks. (That is what we are called in the US) And their are HBCU's.

And fantastic starts they are.
I'd want to keep that ball rollin'.

I'd augment it all with education in the home: the first private education and tutoring that any child should ever receive.

Personal example (testimony):

My father taught myself and my siblings Arabic as well as exposed us to Algebra. My mom taught me to memorize my tables for addition and subtraction.

At around 4th grade, math got a little tough with inclusion of multiplication and division. I applied the same formula my mother taught me above on my own.

That was enough to get me through trigonometry to the beginning of calculus.

Those simple lessons and exposures did me great justice throughout grade school, high school, college, and even today.

The above is not how school taught me. It was how my parents gave me a private education that went beyond public school.

And how I began to educate myself.

Anyone and everyone can do this.
The question is will one exercise self-agency to do this ?

We don't need segregation. Education just needs to be made a priority at all levels of operation with the system we have. Our education system has a lot of strong parts already in place, and it just needs some overhauling.

Forming enclaves of mono-cultures have never improved matters of race. Having diverse schools provides not only provides a strong argument for teaching more about history from other perspectives or other cultures, but it provides a direct means of experience in an increasingly globalizing world.

You are ignoring the paper.

Yes,and so are these white schools out here. We are the only ones that is being made to follow the rule on a national scale.

The "free cheese" doctrine is practiced repeatedly. Can you see it?

I didn't say it wasn't,I said it's practiced depending of who you are and where you live. I'm not where you are at,But I do, and have been put in a position to see how schools in black communities are treated vs schools in white communities.

But once again,based on our different perspectives, lets agree to disagree on the point. You're going to continue to think that the letter of the law is adhered to by all, and I'm going to continue to go on what I actually see practiced,which tells me not all are following the law. There can be no meeting of the minds this way.

Following you logic, all who break the law should get punished the same. These laws are on paper, but do all get punished equally? If your answer is no, then why are you applying the same logic to all laws thinking they all are applied equally and adhered to?

I could level the same charge.
I practice what I preach. Already been through this with one member.

I hear a lot of what the problems are but no solutions being proposed or implemented.
If a person wants to wallow in self-defeatism or victim-hood, so be it.

We all know the problems. Now lets hear the solutions as well as what each individual or group is doing to resolve the issues and problems.

Can you agree to that?

I've taken my own education into my own hands and have been most satisfied with the results. But I have done this from the beginning.

I get paid for what I taught myself and not from what I have acquired through formal schooling.

Big proponent of private and self-education here.

I thought I said what the solution was. If not then here it is, we need to fund our own schools. But you are forgetting one point,we all pay taxes. Why is it that whites pay taxes and get away with things like this. We pay taxes,but if we want our own schools,we have to fund them ourselves? Do you see my gripe?

Peace!

Yes,and so are these white schools out here. We are the only ones that is being made to follow the rule on a national scale.

The video you presented indicated to me it was State specific.

Enki said:
I didn't say it wasn't,I said it's practiced depending of who you are and where you live. I'm not where you are at,But I do, and have been put in a position to see how schools in black communities are treated vs schools in white communities.

But once again,based on our different perspectives, lets agree to disagree on the point. You're going to continue to think that the letter of the law is adhered to by all, and I'm going to continue to go on what I actually see practiced,which tells me not all are following the law. There can be no meeting of the minds this way.

I did not state that the letter of the law is adhered to by all.
I simply stated that when you accept money from the government, expect to be regulated.
Thank-you for allowing me to clear up this confusion.

Laws are broken all the time :).
Law is the will of the political power holder.

Is the law being applied unfairly? Perhaps.
But the more important issue in my mind is how can I get out from under the authority of the political power holders?

It is possible. It will take much work. It won't be easy, but I think one embarking on such an endeavor would be happy with the results.

This doesn't negate the possibly that they may come after you either.

The question then becomes is the juice worth the squeeze?
One either has to do something and prepare for the repercussions or sit down and enjoy the bus ride.

I don't know about you, but enjoy doing as I please (within reason). I'd rather accept the burden of self-responsibility and taking care of myself than being under the control, direction, and "protection" of someone else.

Enki said:
Following you logic, all who break the law should get punished the same. These laws are on paper, but do all get punished equally? If your answer is no, then why are you applying the same logic to all laws thinking they all are applied equally and adhered to?

Given you first assertion was inaccurate, this subsequent assertion is based on the initial inaccuracy. I shall address this however.

Law serves the establishment. You can agree to that, yes?
The supposition is that our government is based on the rule of law and not the rule of men, yes?
You and I both know that supposition is false to some degree.
You and I both know that courts and their laws are not applied equally.

Enki said:
I thought I said what the solution was. If not then here it is, we need to fund our own schools. But you are forgetting one point,we all pay taxes. Why is it that whites pay taxes and get away with things like this. We pay taxes,but if we want our own schools,we have to fund them ourselves? Do you see my gripe?

Peace!

I do see your gripe as well as agree with it and understand you.

Also understand, Caucasians are typically the one seated in school boards, city councils, legislatures, court houses, and law enforcement.

I'm saying the situation is not as hopeless as it seems. There is a tremendous amount of power each individual has to act in their own interest of themselves as well as those they care for.

In a situation such as this, one person won't be able to do it alone to make meaningful change, but that individual can do for self despite organized opposition. Now if enough of these individuals come together and act, meaningful change can occur on a large scale.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back