Black People : Worthless CRABS

MrBlak

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 18, 2004
Anyone else here had experience with jokers in the community who automatically became negative upon hearing you have more formal education than them?

I got in a battle with this one guy and out argued the point. He went off calling me all types of names including the "N" word and said all kinds of stuff that made no sense. He then lashed out at me telling me to stay in canada cause my education "doesnt mean **** down here" (the US).

Anyways, I started a thread and put his quote in it.....get this.....people stuck up for him and said that I was probably showing off my education...turns out people who sat there and took advice I gave and commented positively on my discussions, all of a sudden hate me since I am educated. What the hell is that??? They acted like I only told part of the story.

I informed them that I am a geography student and nothing I speak of on the boards comes from school (book) knowledge......that shut them the hell up...but they are still hating.

The staff, and owner of the site love this cause they never liked me.....they let this guy get away with those posts...yet they banned my freind for saying "*****" a couple times. (more proof that it is all about who you know on black sites)

Anyways, to get back on topic....anyone noticed the trend that as soon as you got some education, your blackness is questioned and you are assumed to be a snob???

Crabs in a barrel is still a common thing in the community.
:madd: :madd: :madd: :madd: :madd: :madd: :madd:

MrBlak

What site was this, first of all, so I will not to visit it?

Next, yes, I used to get into fights all the time with people about education and whatnot. I have not completed college, but I do have post-secondary training. My stock answer when people ask me how do I know what I know is usually "i read alot." Which causes more problems.....

I used to have a "library" in my home.. One room full of books.. Probably five of those 6 foot bookcases. People would come over, go in that room, and ask me "Have you really read all those books?" I had to stop myself before answering "No, I bought them to look at the pictures."

Yes, crabs in a barrel. For a long time, education was viewed as "trying to be white." I"m not sure when/how this started, but it's a big fat lie! People use dot make fun of me when I spoke "properly" in school. People made fun of me when I got staright A's in school. People still think it's funny whenever I use polysyllabic (sp?) words. For some reason, it is accepted in Black communities that the "dumber" you are, the more "real" you are. Sad. Sad. Sad. And sick.

Yup...it is sad. You would be surprized at how many of the people jumping on me WERE PARENTS!!!!!!! and we wonder why the community is going NOWHERE.

The site is The Cocoa Lounge by the way.

It used to be good....but gets more and more like blackvoices everyday. It makes me wonder if all black websites are doomed to become like BET and BV.....worthless battle grounds dominated by idiots (before anyone here jumps on me, school education has no bearing on whether or not someone is an "idiot").

Thanks Toylin!!

MrBlak said:
school education has no bearing on whether or not someone is an "idiot").

Very true MrBlak.

I actually pay no attention to those people that seem to have an issue with my education. Str8 up, if someone becomes negative just because you've obtained a college degree, they only show how ignorant they are.

I'm currently a college student and I've thought twice about attending because of the fact that a degree does not mean anything. There are plenty of people walking around with bachelors and masters degrees and they seem to lack much upstairs. Graduating from college only means that you are to be accepted more into Corporate (White) America than one without a college degree. An individual can master his/her area of interest without paying thousands of dollars a semester.

Back to the question though....yea MrBlak I have experienced what you described from time to time. However, I have never had my blackness questioned.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back