Black Spirituality Religion : Worshipping False Idols

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, May 12, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hello Family,

We've all heard tell of the scripture that speaks about Jesus having feet like bronze and hair like wool ... right?

With this being the case, and if we believe those words, and we love God, and want to be like Him/Her ... wouldn't we all have wooly hair and be as dark as we could ... i mean ... so we could in fact, be in the image of God (that we've heard tell of)? Wouldn't we try to create children that look like God?

Wouldn't we embrace our wooly hair / dark skin, and flaunt it for the world to see?

I mean, we're the only people that have wooly hair and the darkest of skin, so shouldn't it be counted a blessing?

It seems that is the way things should be, based on the scripture given to us.

But that's not how it is.

In most cases, those of us who have wooly hair, straighten it. So much so, that our baby girls are subjected to pressing combs, relaxers, etc., at relatively young ages ... as soon as possible out of the womb ... to remove that wooly hair from their head ... the hair that is like God's hair. While simultaneously teaching our baby boys, that this is not what they should want for, that which is most like God. We live as though we are ashamed of the God in us.

Instead of us maintaining what we believe to be God-like in us, we opt to straighten, relax, and remove that wooly-ness from our bodies ... lighten / whiten our skin, and/or our children's skin ... by sleeping with those that most resemble the idol.

Is this a sign that we are actually worshipping an idol ... a white one with straight, thin, fine hair?

The fact that we run from our BLACKNESS, the darkness of our skin, doing all to lighten / whiten it ... is this a sign that we are actually worshipping a false idol in deed ... while we worship the Creator in word alone?

What if only those who maintained themselves in the image of God, wearing their wooly hair, doing nothing to lighten themselves or their children ... what if only those made it into "heaven" ... as all others were considered to be worshipping false idols, and found unworthy?

Would this make any difference to you?

:heart:

Destee

ps ... i really don't believe they meant to leave that scripture in the Bible, about bronze and wooly. I think they'd already printed a trillion copies, before they realized their error. That scripture alone, gives us so much power. But unfortunately, we've not used it to our advantage, so to them ... no harm, no foul. Even though it says that, we still prefer to worship them.

Even if the scripture is not true, we know ... because they say ... that we are the original children of the garden ... our Ancestors ... made in the image of God ... yet that's the last thing we want to look like. Modern Day Eunuchs.

2. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Brilliant post; I agree with all of this.

PEACE

3. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    Beloved

These are the passages they imitated the description from:

Dan:7:9: I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

Dan:10:6: His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

They understood that the Jew would never alter his text at that point so they had to postulate the idol through imagery control instead of words and doctrine.

This was accomplished through flooding the population with false images of the idol as a blond, strait hair blue eyed Caucasian until the population deemed the image as true. As this was done during the oppressive times for African Americans, I would say several of us understood what was taking place but simply did not want any trouble. Our error is we did not hand down the Truth to our children probably in fear that they would go around town telling people what daddy or mama said about Jesus; once again this would bring the wreath of the white man.

So from that point on we have had generations upon generation upon generation that believe in and worship an idol that resembles that very people the enslaved and oppressed us. All of this is an extremely well thought out methodical strategy by the white man to keep prisoners of war in a subconscious state of mind and as you can see it worked very, very well, so well that it even has us rejecting our own GOD as being that.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i have long wondered why the Christians do not act more like Christ.
    half the bible talks about what Christ said and did. why don't more follow it?
    every gospel show i see has wall to wall straight hair.
    i cannot recall a Christian with natural hair.
    why don't they emulate Christ?

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother James ... this is not limited to Christians only ... look around you ... every bodee that's changed their body to look more like the idol, slept with folk who resemble the idol, etc. ... are involved in all walks of life.

Destee

6. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Brothers and Sisters the Image or Images of God are not physical images but Godly attributes. I have spoken on this before. As God blesses us we should bless others. This is reflecting the image of God. People shouldn't see God in us by our physical apparence but from the love and kindness in our hearts...

There is a difference between God and religion. In the religion of Christianity most of it's doctrine is taught backwards. The Church does this so your allegiance is the Church first and foremost not to God and Yashua. Can one reflect the image of God without being a church member? Yes they can? How? All most all Christians neglect or take for granted the most important part of the Bible which is the beginning. If one follows Christian theology then Genesis 1st and 2nd charters tells the answers to some very important questions. It tells who we are, where we come from, why we are here and how we got to where we are. If one understands this everything will fall in line. One will see the order of importance in their lives...

As far as straightening our hair and bleaching our skill and such, this is something that is taught to us from the inside out. When we see ourselves we hate what we see. What many of us really see when we look in the mirror is a "loser". This maybe hard to phathom but there is deep psychological welfare going on. When we watch TV we see beauty. The images have been skillfully crafted to eliminate our blackness and our natural beauty. Much of this is done without the victums conscious awareness of what is going on. For instance the manipulation of imagery is further manipulated by the ability to earn income. Brothers with dreads may have a harder time being hired to a decent paying job than a brother with a short hair cut. Or the reverse could happen as well where a company could be trying to achieve the most ethnic diversity and would hire a brother with dreads purely to fit image the company is trying to promote..A trick that the Filmmakers and TV producers use is when they want to send the message that a woman is beauitful they show a "fair skinned" woman moving in slow motion with her straighten or permed hair blowing in the wind or flowing and flipping from side to side...This has become the standard for femininity. Our beautiful little girls look in the mirror and say to themselves "I am not beautiful unless I look like the woman and girls on TV". Our little boy say to themselves "I want a woman that looks like the ones on TV". Mothers go and straighten their daughters hair while Fathers introduce their sons to "Playboy" magazine. This is all inadvertently done to make us hate our image...When a people hate themselves they will trying to become what they are not...It obviously is working...

Peace....

7. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    The greatest Idol worship is that which we do to obtain those pieces of paper with dead white men on them....

Peace....

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I was gonna just pass on this one which seems to be a series of recent threads which are tending to sharpen the divisions within our community and i guess this is just a natural course of action..

Quite frankly, sister destee, when you look in the mirror do YOU see a reflection of "God's Image"? Do YOU and YOUR "features" and physical characteristics represent the BLACKEST "PUREST" Black Afrikan people?

I am sure that there are those who were initially complementary to you upon joining this site in making comments concerning your avatar before you change it. And I am sure that the "image" that most folks saw was not one of a PURE "BLACKEST" Black woman, not according to skin color, tone or facial features...

Furthermore, If we are to answer this question based on the judeo-Christian description of "God" or "Jesus"...is BRONZE the color "BLACK"??

If "GOD" is then referenced by external, features then what is the correlation to the "God in us"...These are two entirely different aspect of GOD....on one hand the external and on the other, internal..

Also...when you say..."yet that's the last thing we want to look like" well...did this "GOD" only create "Black poeple"?? When I look around globally I see more asiatic or oriental folks...I see native americans....hispanics....red, Black, Brown, yellow and white people...

If we are meant to identify with "God" as having ONE physical aspect why did HE create all these other people for us to "emulate" or relate to...??

"Would this make any difference to you?"

When i ws younger i would answer yes....However, today, with the experiences I have had with "Black" people...no, not really. My daughter and my nieces seem to be doing just fine with their lives and upbringing without being hung-up on a conceptualization regarding the "image of God"....because, after all...this is an "image" that is being referenced...not the Indwelling SPIRIT of "God"...

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Radical Faith ... the Bible clearly provides physical attributes of God ... and it is those that this thread is speaking to. Now if one doesn't believe that part of the Bible, then nothing in my original post will move you.

Destee

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother O ... no, i'm not the darkest of us, nor am i free from worshipping the false idol. I too am guilty, i believe we all are. How can we not be, when they have portrayed themselves as all that is good and right, and we have grown up under this? It is quite natural for us to move toward that which has been presented to us as the very best. It is not just this generation, but every generation since they brought us here. Thus the reason for the lightness / whiteness that many of us now possess (and seek).

God has allowed for all things that exist in the world today, to be, good bad and ugly.

It is only one people though, that are the original children of the garden, and that is us.

Instead of moving toward the light, we should be moving toward the darkness.

When one knows better, they should do better.

Destee