Black People : Worshiping The Dead

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    We love worshiping the dead and will exalt them to a throne...but only once they are dead. While they are alive, regardless of the light, spirituality or commitment they may have to their people, we want nothing to do with them. Further research will reveal that they were all in one fashion or another, killed by their own people. Ausar, King, Malcolm, Garvey, Nat Turner, Jesus, Muhammad, Hatshepsut. Maybe this is why it is written that a prophet is not recognized in his own land.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I find much truth in this above to be real and as i once did read somewhere that one within there own
    will not be seen nor recognized not until outside take part to notice , and or when life has expired.

3. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Exalting the Ancestors is proper.

Says you. All the people below mentioned were recognized in life as well as death.

Only to those who disregard the killer.

King was clearly killed by White people. Malcolm, it's revealed, White people. Garvey wasn't killed. Nat Turner was killed by White people. Jesus, White people. I don't know about Muhammad. And while I know about Hatshepsut, I'm convinced that you accidentally typed her name. Hatshepsut had a royal burial, perhaps you meant someone else?

Though on this last point, of Hatshepsut, it shows that you should not make open challenges to people.

Or maybe you are not a Prophet? For to say, for instance, that Garvey was not recognized is silly. Six million, being the lower estimate of his membership, is twice the population of Jamaica today!

4. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    Luke 4:24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.

Mark 6:4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

5. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    Peace Keita,

Through the grand instrument of history we can come to these kinds of conclusions.. but life is lived much differently than it is recorded and discussed. In the realtime.. in the moment by moment of real life, how can you tell who is a prophet and who is not? Especially with so many people claiming the title.

That said, if the prophet was truly a prophet his/her message would find a way to the people and live on long after his/her death. And that is the case for many of the folks on your list.

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

Very good my Brother and and so correct. I often say that because we are dealing with humans that we need to redefine what is a prophet. Amazingly, it has taken me some time to realize that we had living prophets amongst us while we were growing up and never saw it. James Brown was one....listen to the lyrics in some of his songs and you will see that the things he was singing about, we still haven't done as of today yet. Marvin Gaye was another one. Go back and listen to his what's going on album....it was so prophetic that some of the things he was singing about still haven't unfolded totally although we can see it happening. I know that we have a tendency to regard prophets as some mystical divinely walking person but that isn't totally true at all....for even prophets are human with human frailties like everyone else....it's just that everyone isn't hearing the message and acting on it.

7. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043

and what's wild is.. I have collected all of the recordings that I could find of James Brown and Marvin Gaye.. they have both been important to me since I was 8 or 9 years old.. Same with Earth Wind and Fire.. and John Coltrane.. there are things I feel in their sound that struck me as truth.. those musical and lyrical figures communicate more clearly than words for me.. and their are so many levels of meaning in a simple figure.. white folks didn't know that.. but when they found out.. they took over our music to try and mitigate that power.. took over the labels.. in comes hip hop.. starts out rudimentary.. but then what.. they start sampling that same material.. they started bringing those musical and lyrical figures to a new generation.. and what did the industry do? outlawed sampling.. made it financially unfeasible.. still trying to suppress that truth.. but somehow someway it always rises regroups and announces itself to a new generation of our people.. in one form or another.

8. Orisons

Orisons Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +599
    I share your FRUSTRATION Brother but aren't WE ALL frontline soldiers in the most despicably cowardly WAR in Human History [when has the ongoing WAR on non-whites in general, the peoples of African ethnicity specifically EVER been declared, they JUST DO IT], in fact isn't Muamar Gaddafi [and most of his sons] a very very worthy addition to that list?

Haven't YOU ALL noticed the way the destruction of the GAP community of Tulsa on June 1st 1921 is still marginalised and ignored TODAY?
    The Greenwood, Archer and Pine community of Tulsa is STILL a truly superb template of the WAY TO GO in the 21st century as opposed to an armed conflict which would provide these PARASITES with the pretext they'd like for wiping ALL of us out, wouldn't it?
    Like the Black Panthers WE definitely NEED to utilize our constitutional right to bear arms to protect our communities but even more crucially don't WE NEED to take over the schooling of our youth in general, the History curriculum being taught at ALL levels in particular, to curb the ongoing pollution of our knowledge base with the Euro-centric GARBAGE as opposed to TRUTH that we previously had no option other than to ingest?
    Would you also concede that being CRUSHED and marginalized as sub human in your homeland by STRANGERS who have conquered YOU and YOUR country and made it theirs, [which is exactly what Colonialism did to Africa and Africans] is comparable or possibly even more spiritually and intellectually traumatizing and debilitating than the HOLOCAUST which enslaved/delivered my ancestors and [their tortured, mutilated and murdered siblings] over 35 million others to the USA and the rest of the Diaspora in general [Guyana with regard to ME specifically]?
    Can you NOW relate to why the peoples of African ethnicity in general, in the USA and the rest of the Diaspora along with the Africans in Nigeria, South Africa and the rest of Africa in particular NEED the so uplifting TRUTHS of an African centred History Curriculum as the core of resurrecting both the individual and collective self esteem necessary to kick start the African Renaissance in the 21st century?
    Isn't the FACT that our Boulé dominated socio-economic elite [AUTOMATONS, have you read Steven Cokely's exposé of these CLOWNS] in the USA and the rest of the Diasporaare even more STUPIDLY lost and confused, than the lower echelons that they are supposed to be intelligently leading as opposed to selling out for pieces of silver, an ongoing liability with regard to the African Renaissance in the 21st century?When are WE going to fully update the History Curriculum taught in our communities in the USA, UK and the Diaspora and even more critically in AFRICA TODAY at ALL levels with the works of Dr Ivan van Sertima They Came Before Columbus, The African Presence in Ancient America (circa 1200-400 BCE) and Blacks in Science, Ancient and Modern etc; or even the still alive Anthony T Browder's Nile Valley Contributions to Civilization as ready made textbooks?
    Given the example of how successfully the Asians in general, the Japanese, and even the formerly colonised Chinese and Indians have coped with this burden with comparatively limited natural resources in a consistently hostile environment, with even their communities in the Diaspora outperforming OURS; isn't the so consistently CLUELESS performance of our socio-economic elite an ongoing DISASTER?
    Isn't the functional intelligentsia of any ethnicity responsible for deducing the strategic policies for moving the group forward collectively [whereas many of us are expecting our underclass to be the first on the planet to do so]?
    Even the well meaning members of our Elite like Cosby, Oprah, and many other actors/celebrities do not have the resources spiritually or intellectually or focus to perform this function by themselves, but at least some of them are trying, EH?
    You don’t see the current administration relying on Bill Gates, the now deceased Steve Jobs etc or any of their IT/Business leaders to organise the USA’s social and political leadership and direction, though I must concede I know they would do a much better job than the retarded dimwits who were pulling G.W Bush's strings who are now [still very very determined to transform this planet into a very real HELL] doing the same with Obama, aren't THEY?
    Moving our elite from their current dysfunctional state or forming a new one which is rationally intelligently functional for our collective best interest is OUR greatest challenge of the 21st century, because as highlighted by the ongoing African HOLOCAUST of over 500 years now isn't it obvious that brilliant individuals will ALWAYS be just VICTIMS IN WAITING when existing/warring/competing with intelligently organised and led collectives?
    Isn’t anyone who genuinely believes they are not programmed
    graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Since your posts, regardless of subject matter, consists of the same statements and questions, over and over; here are some questions for you, Orisons: Why are you redundant with this line of statments and questions in nearly every post?

When someone answers the framed questions in the only manner possible, the affirmative; why do you insist to follow-up with same?

Is there any new information you have to share besides the history of Little Africa or Greenwood?

Peace In,

10. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    You're mixing "apples and oranges" here.

"Worshiping the dead" and "recognizing a prophet" are not the same.

Many cultures and spiritual beliefs "worship the dead" (ancestor worship/veneration); and those "worshiped" may not have been "prophets."

Among many cultures/beliefs, the DEAD are called upon to speak/act/intercede on someone's behalf....This gets into DIVINATION and NECROMANCY which are forbidden by Old and New Testament PROPHETS.

A "PROPHET" is someone who speaks FOR a deity, being inspired and instructed by a deity.

Now, as to the Bible verses you referenced, Jesus was speaking about how he was not believed to be the Son of God amongst His own people because many will not believe a sent "prophet" whom they've known in their own communities.

I think, "Familiarity breeds contempt" also relates to this. ---As if to say, "Are you serious?!...You expect us to listen to YOU?!"

John 1:46

And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip said unto him, Come and see

Users found this page by searching for:

1. worshiping the dead