Black Spirituality Religion : worshipers of Allah

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Sekhemu, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Many primitive people worshipped a sun god and a moon goddess. Western arabs were unusual in worshipping a moon god and his wife, the sun goddess. There are pre-islamic statues on his symbol: the crescent moon. It looks just like the symbol of shi'ite muslims. except the shi'ites added a small star. Then Yemenites/sabaeans had a moon God according to the Encyclopaedia of Islam p.303. The Quraysh may have gotten this idol from them.

Allah had thre daughters, named Lat, 'Uzza and Manat. At one time "the prophet of Allah" compromised and said in the Qur' an(sura 53:19) that "their intercession was to be hoped for" In other words, he said we should hope for the help pf these three idols.

Mohammed's followers must have been amazed that he said this. Later, Mohammed changed his mind and said Satan deceived him. Since a mistake was made, these verses were "aborgated" or taken out. These are often called "the Satanic verses" It is interesting to read how Allah could have whater are clled "abrogated verses" in suras 13:39 ; 16:01; vol.2:106. Sura 41:37 mentions with disapproval <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl2.asp?k=sun%20and%20moon" onmouseover="window.status='sun and moon'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">sun and moon</a> worshippers.

Sura 4:3 says men may have at most four wives, except that in sura 33:50 Mohammed had an exception for himself. According to the muslim scholar Ali Dashti, below are mohammed's wives and concubines

1. Khadija. b. Khuwailid (died 1st) 13 Asma of saba

2. Sawda/sauda bint Zama'a 14. Zaynab of Khozayma

3. Aisha/A'isha/Aesha (8-9 yrs old) 15 Habla

4. Omm/Umm salama/salaim 16 Asma of Noman

5. Hafsa- slaves/concubines

6. Zaynab/Zainab bint Jahsh 17. Mary the Christian

7. Jowayriya/Juwairiya (captive) 18 Rayhana

8. Omm/Umm Habiba-uncertain relationship

9. Safiya/saffiya b. Huyai (captive) 19 Omm Sharik

10. Maymuna/Maimuna of Hareth 20 Maimuna

11. Fatima/Fatema (briefly) 21. Zaynam/Zainab 3rd

12. Hend/Hind (Widow) 22. Khawla

Mohahmmed married Safiya after killing her husband and the men of the Banu Quraiza trive. according to Bukhari vol. 2;68 p. 35 vol.4:143.280

There has been a flap in Saudi Arabia, because foreign women who wenth there as housekeepers forcibly used as sex slaves. You cannot accuse the saudi men who do this of hypocrisy though. According to their religious tradition. it is morally acceptable to force females slaves to have sex in the bukhari vol. 7:22 vol. 3 after 436, vol 3:432 p.237:vlo.5459 p.317: vol.8:600 p.391

The london Economist reported that the Muslims in the Sudan are enslaving women and children of the Dinka Tribe. The May 4, 1992 special ed. of Newsweek on slavery also reported that Muslims are still enslaving blacks as did the Austin American statesman on 2/21/1996. Reader's Digest 3/1996 p.77-81 "slavery's shameful return to Africa" is a heart-wrenching account of oppression

Mohammed preyed upon caravans with his men. Bukhari Hadith vol.3:495 p.280 says. "when Allah made the prophet wealthy through conquests"...1/6 of all spoils of war was put into treasury, and Sahih Muslim vol.2:2348 says that Mohammed's family all had a share out of that. The Muslims first looting is known as the Nakhla Raid. During the traditional month of truce, his followers ambushed a caravan, killing one enslaving the rest, and taking the plunder. Mohammed himself led the second raid at Badr. Mohammed added to his wealth by attacking the Jewish settlement of Khaibar. he and his loyal followers also got the plunder and wives(Mohammed needed another wife?) of the 700-1000 jewish men of the banu-Quraiza tribe they beheaded after they surrendered.

WHile the bible says Jesus was sinless, here it what the Qur'an and the Bukhari Hadith say about Mohammed. In Sura 40:55 and 48:1-2 Allah tells Mohammed to ask for forgiveness for his sin(or frailty) Now people do not need forgiveness for physical frailties, but for moral ones. Sahih Muslim vol.1:1695 says Mohammed prayed, "I wronged myself and maked a confession of my sin. Forgive all my sins..." Bukhari vol. 1:7,19,711,781; vol 6:3; vol.8:319, and vol.8:407 prior also mention Mohammed's sins. Specific things mentioned in the Bhukhari vol.1.234 vol 8794, 795 include cutting off people's limbs, burning out their eyes, and making them thirst as they died after their limbs were amputated. See Bukhari vol.8:796,797:vol 6:198 prior, as well as Fiqh us Sunnah vol.1 p. 133

Good ole religion huh

2. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    I don't even know what to say about this. Where did you get this info? I hope brother Aqil answers this. I have never heard of this,i have doubts about it. Blessings

3. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

I gave all the sources you need. The Suras are there for you to read.

4. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    Sister Nisa:

You can read all of the above at this website:

http://www.muslimhope.com/index.html

Go to their homepage and you will see that the website belongs to:

Christian DebaterĀ®
    P.O. Box 144441
    Austin, Tx 78714
    (512) 218-8022

IMHO, a bunch of myopic, narrow-minded Islam-hating Christian imbeciles created this web page. It is an insult to the religion of Islam. It contains trite, specious and mendacious information that is both blaphemous and defaming. Read their homepage...

Peace.

5. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Thank you brother Aqil. Your wisdom and knowledge is a blessing. I will go check out these resources. I value your input on topics such as these
    Blessings
    Nisa

6. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    You're quite welcome, my sister...and thank you for your kind words.

The brother says at the end of his post:

"I gave all the sources you need. The Suras are there for you to read."

:laugh:

7. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Yep I sure did! And I you are right about the name of the website. You are in entiled to your HO, even if it's distorted. Anytime someone maked a constructive criticism of your religion. you say they hate your Islam. The information I posted in this thread is not based on someone's opinion, it is taken from your own religious scripture.

You have a thin skin and a fragile ego, and I noticed you have no documentation to refute what I wrote in the thread. Now I will allow that I don't agree with all the criticisms of Islam, that would be narrow-minded, but If someone shows me a fact then I will present it. Whether the truth hurts or not. I got no beef with your religion but I do have a beef with people who claim that their God is better than mine

8. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    First of all, you didn't give the sister all the sources she needed...you copied and pasted a web page written by biased Christian evangelists...now is that a good source? Secondly, what is on that web page is purposely distorted. Thirdly, one of the downsides of the Internet is that it has given critics and enemies of Islam an opportunity to publicly defame the religion. I guess this is the price of having freedom of speech. Sometimes you have to read and hear things that are just plain detestable, as evidenced by the web page that you posted here.

The fact of the matter is that Islam has been defamed from the very beginning by its enemies, and continues to this very day. What's more, since the tragedy of 9/11, the amount of anti-Islamic propaganda is on the rise from many quarters. There are numerous websites (mostly Christian) that slander Prophet Muhammad (saw), twist the meaning of the Holy Qur'an, attack the Companions of the Prophet, etc. The more disturbing thing is the ease with which so many people such as yourself now have access to this information...

The web page that you cut and pasted is not contructive criticism of the Islamic religion (not my Islam)...it is a replication of a bunch of old lies and fabrications about Islam that was written by some Islam-hating, white Christian evangelists. Many of the hadith that they quote on their web page are unauthorized and have been judged unacceptable by Qur'anic scholars, both Sunni and Shia. This kind of misleading misinformation has been repugned and refuted by them for centuries...

The information you posted is based on the biased opinions of white Christian evangelists...

I call it rational intelligence...:)

It's not necessary for me to refute the web page that you cut and pasted. Here are several websites you can visit that will give you quite a different perspective:

http://www.kanoonline.com/publications/islam_and_the_internet.htm
    www.understanding-islam.com
    www.islamicity.com/education/understandingislamandmuslims/
    www.islamicinstitute.org/understanding.htm

So do I...btw, what is your faith?

9. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    I could care less if you THINK Islam has been defamed. That's your opinion. As I said before you believe every group that criticizes Islam is an enemy and have an Agenda to defame it. Where is this prooof? Please show me documented proof that the websites I've posted are out to defame Islam. The writer on the site gave all sources of his remarks. You can't refute what he said because he already documented it by giving the verses in your Qur' an. So what other sources does she need. It's a question of whether it's true or false

Now if Mohammed is innocent of the things that were said on the site, show me where and I will offer my apology, if he is guilty then you need to calm down and stop crying. What is disturbing is people like you who make excuses for the behaviour of your fellow muslims. For you, Muslims can do no wrong. This is why you are constantly on the defensive about Islam.

I've posted several links and quotes by people, from all different backgrounds, some even muslim, others christians, agnotic et al. are all of them wrong. Are all of them trying to defame Islam? Is it one big mass comspiracy? Come on man! stop reaching. You talk about being rational but you're the same person who said Islam is an African religion because Arabia was connected to Africa. Hahahahahahahaahha that was a good one.

I already told you about my religion. It's traditionallly African. But unlike the arab and the white man there is no need to give it a name. You can call it the Medu Neter or what ever name you can come up with.

10. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    What is the source of your information? You mean there there were no bodies of water then?

You have proffered another falsehood, my brother. The Bible speaks of Moses crossing over into Africa via the northern route at Midian that connected Arabia and Africa. It also speaks of Hagar walking home from Canaan to Aegyptos in Africa when Abraham's wife evicted her.

It sure is...:)

You proffered a ludicrous analogy and then called it ridiculous!...so tell me what you're smokin'...:D