Black Relationships : Working women vs. Homemakers

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by kente417mojo, Jul 16, 2004.

1. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Fellas, which would you prefer, a woman that gets up everyday the same time as you and goes out to work Mon-Fri, 9-5 or a woman that stays home and makes sure that the home-front in taken care of? Granted, sometimes this is not an option for some families in this day and age. What would be your preference though? What are the benefits and drawbacks from each situation....in your opinion? Do you think working women can take care of their man as good as housewives can? Do you think having a working woman presents issues that can hurt the relationship or help it? Basically....which one is HOTTER :devil: ? Working women or homemakers

What if you didn't have to get up period? Would you be willing to be the stay at home man or dad...making sure the house is spick and span for you woman..with dinner on the table when she gets home? Would you feel less than a man if you didn't have money coming in but your woman paid the bills? Would you feel that you were contributing evenly?

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I was married once upon a time and at first my wife didn't work which was
    fine and she did a beautiful job at home every thing was in placed and dinner
    ready bath water the whole 9 you know , but later she took on the task of
    working which was even better it gave her independency all finances was
    joined to pay bills split duity at home as for washing /cooking /cleaning we
    both did it , I would take both .
    i can't sit around all day my jobs is to provide , i do be home more now
    then at work as the owner of my business but i find myself in the office
    if she paying the bills surely i would be contributing to some other needs
    to say evenly

this can have a sweet twist to it can't wait to read what others say !

3. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    QQ

I know this question was for the fellas, but I just thought it proper to add that I am both a homemaker and a working woman, a single parent and devoted mother. I think both are very sexy and HOT! If you agree you can hit me up on my yahoo...lol...jokin yall

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Me myself, I would rather have a woman that works because I think it's better for both to pitch in and help with the bills. I don't want a woman sitting aound watching Oprah and whatnot. I know...theres more to it than watching Oprah. There are many men out there that want a woman to sit at home and not work......ever. Then there are women that refuse to work a full-time job and contribute to the finances. I think a woman that works is sexy.

5. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Pass the Worker, I prefer I-9's and W-2's over cleaning and cooking, I can do the domestic stuff better than most women anyway, I just prefer folks that is making some bread, it is nearly impossible to have a family based on one income. I mean no disrespect to those who like the homemakers, but I cannot fade that...

To each His Own

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    i think both is a plus to mens but double income help keep stress down
    a homemaker is a provider in a big way as well as a working woman
    thumbs up to both a Queen is a Queen !

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    :lol: @ Nita for being funny but you make a very good point. A homemaker can be viewed in a number of different ways and not just one. A woman sitting around the house all day in a bathrobe, hair in curlers, children running around unkept while she's watching soaps is not a "homemaker". That's just someone who sits at home and doesn't do much work. I know because I was able to stay at home with my daughter for a year after her birth and trust me, there's work to be done and I don't mean just housework.

If a couple is genuinely "together" and supportive of each other and what they are building as a couple, if the woman is home, she might have the responsibility for managing the family's budget which includes paying bills on time and being frugal and saving money, nurturing and educating the children and seeing that they have their needs met, maintaining the efficient operation of the house including seeing to it that any necessary repairs get handled, running routine errands and of course, grocery shopping, laundry, cooking and things of this nature. I still love to iron certain things. A wife's routine might also include taking continuing education courses and doing volunteer work in the community. I also did the yardwork and maintained a vegetable garden, canned foods, made my daughter's clothes and some home acoutriments, i.e., curtains, drapes, pillows and child's toys. Who has time to watch soaps with all that to do? Work was less difficult and busy when I got a job. Whew! :lol:

Queenie :spinstar:

8. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17

Thank you for posting this NNQueen.. This wsas one of many issues myt ex-husband and I had before we split up. i also had the task of going to school full-time on top of the "homemaker" duties. He worked 2 jobs almost the whole time I knoew him, yet it only became a problem for him after we were married. Mind you, I was pregnant for the first half of the marriage.... I worked part time for the first few months (baby-sitting), and when I got to about my 7th month, we moved, and the doctor put me on bed rest. People just don't realize that sometimes running a household and taking care of children IS a fulltime job by itself.

9. caramelpython

caramelpython Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +42
    I think staying at home is over rated and everyone needs more out od life than just being home. I'm not saying that you can't have a good life as a home maker but hey why not work?
    I'm not rich so get ya tail a job :court: or If you are not working at least get ya tail in school, :lol:

I have lived with both a homemaker and a business woman and I just perfer the business woman alot better. :)

10. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    One thing I will say (from my own, personal experience) is that most homemakers are more...... needy. Wait! Before y'all start yelling at me.. I was/am a homemaker. And even though I was in school for a big chunk of my homemaking time, I found myself waiting for my husband to come home, thristy for "grown-up" talk. It seems that homemakers, how may or may not spend a lot of time in the acutual home, spend less time interacting with other adults. We homemakers can come off as clingy and whiny when our mate comes home. If he/she has been talking to people all day, chances are, home time is supposed to be quiet time. On the other hand, hometime has been quiet time all day for a homemaker, and we want to talk. Now after being in the house (even if I haven't actually been in the house) I can't WAIT to find a job! This house is driving me crazy!

:)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. working women vs homemakers