Black People : Work Place Bullying!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HODEE, Jun 8, 2013.

1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    www.bullyonline.org

Definition of workplace bullying by Tim Field
    Those who can, do. Those who can't, bully.

"Bullying is a compulsive need to displace aggression and is achieved by the expression of inadequacy (social, personal, interpersonal, behavioural, professional) by projection of that inadequacy onto others through control and subjugation (criticism, exclusion, isolation etc). Bullying is sustained by abdication of responsibility (denial, counter-accusation, pretence of victimhood) and perpetuated by a climate of fear, ignorance, indifference, silence, denial, disbelief, deception, evasion of accountability, tolerance and reward (e.g. promotion) for the bully."
    Tim Field, 1999​
    ================================​
    I have many times been plagued by work place bullying. It happens and it appears to be racist in nature. It is hard sometimes to distinguish. Which one is this bullying, or racism?

Both are heinous crimes. Totally and utterly evil displaced aggressions. The above quote by Tim Field stating the perpetrator behaves in such manner because of his or her inadequacies is so true. My bosses or for that matter anyone I have ever encountered that displayed racist demeanor, comments, or jesters towards me and in my presence. Are and always be Uncountable human’s beings of the unlikeable kind.

In life they fail, have issues of failing, not living up to some unjustifiable expectation and are insecure within themselves. In others words they are damaged goods. They don’t feel good enough to qualify within their own race and project what they believe is acceptable to fit in.

"Persistent, offensive, abusive, intimidating or insulting behaviour, abuse of power or unfair penal sanctions which makes the recipient feel upset, threatened, humiliated or vulnerable, which undermines their self-confidence and which may cause them to suffer stress"

I have personally encountered both work place racism, and racism outside of work. It has been more prevalently used more against me at work. Human resource departments are not your friend. They are not established to support workers in a manner that will not benefit workers that suffer a violation of their rights of humility and dignity.
    They are established as the legal “ go between to harness the complaint, interact with the lawyers that represent them and help mitigate the damage a suit would bring.”

I know from experience work place humiliation, isolation, intimidation is found, practiced and practiced commonly or widely and is prevalent.

I have experienced it and frankly I have had enough! Who they don’t know, is me. I don’t take deep to heart the mistreatment and I am not easily humiliated, I don’t feel the effects of humiliation long term, and I actually like isolation to some degree. To me that isolation is like alone time. I like alone time and time to just not interact. That time gives me time to do some other thinking, self-evaluation, and some peace of mind. Not always having to interact with anyone is satisfying.

I don’t necessarily forgive them for their behaviour, but I don’t let it get to me. I am always smiling and that is me. I am always happy, that is me, I always have others concerns in mind, and that is me. I disagree, upfront, let them know I don’t appreciate their behaviour or attitude, let them in no uncertain term know it is totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated. It doesn’t always stop the fools, but I speak up.

Speak Out, For Through Your Silence You Become An Accomplice.
    =======================================
    To them “We are of the race no one believes they have to listen to, establish fairness for, and have consideration for.” ( my opinion )

I tell my supervisor something, and it’s related to work, how something works he assigned me. He has no interest, no time or he just doesn’t believe me. This actually happened many times. Then when a co-worker either Caucasian or Vietnamese in many cases speaks about the same thing or they are asked about the same piece of electronics they are troubleshooting or working on. He believes every word, and they are saying the same words I did. They learned how to test from me. So they only know what I have told them or shared about the equipment’s changes.

==============================
    www.bullyonline.org

Stress comes in two forms: positive and negative:
    Positive stress (or eustress) is the result of competent management and mature leadership where everyone works together and everyone is valued and supported. Positive stress enhances well-being and can be harnessed to enhance performance and fuel achievement.
    Negative stress (or distress) is the result of a bullying climate where threat, coercion and fear substitute for non-existent management skills. Employees have to work twice as hard to achieve half as much to compensate for the dysfunctional and inefficient management. Negative stress diminishes quality of life and causes injury to health resulting in the symptoms of ill-health described on this page. When people use the word "stress" on its own, they usually mean "negative stress".

Stress plays havoc with the body's immune system.
    Symptoms
    The symptoms of stress seem to cover more pages of every book published on the subject.
    Stress caused by bullying results in these symptoms (and more):
    • main symptoms - stress, anxiety, sleeplessness, fatigue (including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - see below), trauma

• physical symptoms - reduced immunity to infection leading to frequent colds, coughs, flu, glandular fever, etc (especially on days off, eg weekends and holidays), aches & pains (with no clear cause - this lack of attributability suggests stress as the cause - sometimes diagnosed as fibromyalgia), back pain, chest pains and angina, high blood pressure, headaches and migraines, sweating, palpitations, trembling, hormonal problems (disturbed menstrual cycle, dysmenorrhoea, loss of libido, impotence), physical numbness (especially in toes, fingers, and lips), emotional numbness (including anhedonia, an inability to feel joy and love), irritable bowel syndrome or IBS, paruresis (shy bladder syndrome), thyroid problems, petit mal seizures, skin irritations and skin disorders (eg athlete's foot, eczema, psoriasis, shingles, internal and external ulcers, urticaria), loss of appetite (although a few people react by overeating), excessive or abnormal thirst, waking up more tired than when you went to bed, etc

• psychological symptoms - panic attacks, reactive depression (which some people describe as Adjustment Disorder with depressed mood), thoughts of suicide, stress breakdown (this is a psychiatric injury, not a mental illness), forgetfulness, impoverished or intermittently functioning memory, poor concentration, flashbacks and replays, excessive guilt, disbelief and confusion and bewilderment ("why me?" - click here for the answer), an unusual degree of fear, sense of isolation, insecurity, desperation, etc; one experiences acute anxiety at the prospect of meeting the bully or visiting the location where the bullying took place, or at the thought of touching the paperwork associated with the case; one is unable to attend disciplinary meetings and may vomit before, during or after the meeting, sometimes at the thought of the meeting or on receiving a threatening letter insisting one attends (these are PTSD diagnostic criteria B4 and B5)

• behavioural symptoms- tearfulness, irritability, angry outbursts, obsessiveness (the experience takes over your life), hypervigilance (feels like but is not paranoia), hypersensitivity (almost every remark or action is perceived as critical even when it is not), sullenness (a sign the inner psyche has been damaged), mood swings, withdrawal, indecision, loss of humour, hyperawareness (acute awareness of time, seasons, distance travelled), excessive biting, teeth grinding, picking, scratching or tics, increased reliance on drugs (tannin, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, sleeping tablets, tranquillisers, antidepressants, other substances), comfort spending (and consequent financial problems), phobias (especially agoraphobia), etc

• effects on personality - shattered self-confidence and self-esteem, low self-image, loss of self-worth and self-love
    Other symptoms and disorders reported include sleep disorder, bipolar disorder, mood disorder, eating disorder, anxiety disorder, panic disorder, skin disorder.
    Increasingly researchers are suggesting that diabetes, asthma, allergies, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis (MS), chronic fatigue syndrome (ME) and even some forms of cancer are caused or aggravated by stress.
    =============
    I have in many cases found better jobs, and quit.

Don’t be stressing me!

2. BlackSunlight

BlackSunlight Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +91
    I'm gonna get into this when I do an extensive post (or post series) on the subject of covert organized-gang stalking.

Gang-stalking is real.

3. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    Oh Joy! Its about time. I just found out this was passed this year.
    I may have some recourse to get all up in the concerns and pockets of my on the job Bullying Managers and Co-workers.

I am not vindictive just like to cram the law down the throat of individuals that spew material hatred, bully, and just cause havoc in the work place. For no reason other than they are unhappy with their jobs, lives or themselves.

Other States may have something simular, but this passed legislation will help us as African americans some how and many ways and get that arrogant Self aggrandizing boss off our backs.
    =================
    Will California’s recent law on anti-bullying training begin a nationwide move toward passage of the Healthy Workplace Bill?

By Maria Danaher on January 24, 2015 Posted in Bullying, Workplace Violence

The Healthy Workplace Bill (HWB) has been discussed by state and federal legislators for nearly 15 years, and has been the subject of substantial debate and interest.
    upload_2015-8-8_7-34-38.jpeg

http://www.healthyworkplacebill.org/states.php

During that time, 26 states have introduced the HWB, or one modeled on it. No state has yet passed the bill (although Tennessee has passed a bill limited to public-sector employees), and several state legislatures have vetoed it.

According to proponents of the HWB, workplace bullying is “repeated, health-harming mistreatment of one or more persons (the targets) by one or more perpetrators” that takes one or more of the following forms:

• Verbal abuse;
    • Offensive conduct/behaviors (including nonverbal) which are threatening, humiliating or intimidating; and/or
    • Work interference – sabotage – which prevents work from getting done.
    California was the first state to introduce the HWB (in 2003), but has not yet passed it. However, in the final quarter of 2014, Governor Jerry Brown signed AB 2053 into law.

That law is not the equivalent of the HWB, but specifically adds “abusive conduct” to the required biannual 2-hour “classroom or other effective interactive training and education” for supervisors of all employers in California with over 50 employees.

“Abusive conduct” is defined in the California law as:

. . . conduct of an employer or employee in the workplace, with malice, that a reasonable person would find hostile, offensive, and unrelated to an employer’s legitimate business interests.

That definition, as further spelled out in the law, tracks the definition of “bullying” under the HWB by including repeated verbal abuse (derogatory remarks, insults, and epithets), conduct that a reasonable person would find threatening, intimidating, or humiliating, and “the gratuitous sabotage or undermining of a person’s work performance.”

Under California’s legislation, a single act “shall not constitute abusive conduct, unless especially severe and egregious.”

Under the new California law, an initial training session must be attended by supervisors within 6 months of assuming supervisory duties, and then must be repeated at least once every two years.

The requirement went into effect on January 1, 2015, meaning that California employers with over 50 employees now must review and revise training procedures to specifically include anti-bullying measures in existing training programs.

While there does not seem to be overwhelming legislative support for the HWB on a national level, the bill has developed substantial grassroots support over the years. If other states replicate this California effort and introduce/pass bills to add training requirements, the grassroots effort that has sustained the HWB may continue to gain traction.

To stay ahead of the curve on this issue, knowledgeable and conscientious employers should consider including anti-bullying training in existing programs, and should ensure that supervisors are sufficiently trained on and aware of the risks inherent in a lack of knowledge on this subject.
    ====================
    http://education.findlaw.com/studen...ine/specific-state-laws-against-bullying.html
    Specific State Laws Against Bullying

Every state has passed some sort of law or policy regarding bullying. Montana is the only state that has passed a statewide policy discussing bullying without having enacted a statute specifically prohibiting it.

All other states have at least passed a law defining bullying and authorizing school officials or other authorities to take appropriate action to stop it.

There is currently no federal law specifically addressing bullying, but other federal laws, such as civil rights and nondiscrimination laws, may require schools to intervene with certain types of bullying.

Although anti-bullying laws vary from state to state, they generally focus on listing the specific behaviors that constitute bullying. These behaviors can include teasing, threats, intimidation, stalking, harassment, physical violence, theft, and public humiliation. States may also identify certain characteristics or traits of students who are often targeted for bullying, as well as provide guidance to school staff regarding how to address bullying issues.

When mobile phones or web technology are used to harass or intimidate, it is called "cyberbullying."

Below are some examples of state anti-bullying laws.
    Because laws are constantly changing, you should check with a local education lawyer if you have any questions about your state's specific bullying laws.

• Arizona, Ariz. Rev. Stat. § 15-341.37
      Arizona requires every school district to develop policies and procedures for prohibiting bullying and enforcing that prohibition. However, the state leaves it up to individual school districts to define the specific actions that constitute bullying.
    • California, Cal. Educ. Code § 234, 234.1, 234.2, 234.3, 234.5, 32261, 32265, 32270, 32282, 32283, and 48900
      California's "Safe Place to Learn Act" and other statutes establish numerous rights for students, including the "inalienable right to attend classes on school campuses that are safe, secure, and peaceful." According to Cal. Educ. Code § 48900, bullying in California is defined as any physical or verbal conduct, including written communications, that may cause fear, mental distress, or interference with the victim's studies.
    • Connecticut, Ct. Gen. Stat. § 10-222d
      Bullying in Connecticut is defined as written, oral or physical acts directed at another student within the same school district that cause physical or emotional harm, cause fear, or creates a hostile learning environment.
    • Illinois, 105 ILCS 5/10-20.14 and 105 ILCS 5/27-23.7
      Illinois defines bullying as "any severe or pervasive" act that could cause fear of harm, a detrimental physical or mental health effect, or interference with the victim's academic performance or extracurricular activities.
    • New Jersey, N.J. Stat. 18A:37-13
      In New Jersey, bullying is defined as any gesture or any physical, verbal or written act that is motivated by the actual or perceived traits of the victim. The bullying statute covers school functions, as well as activities off campus and on school buses.
    • New York, N.Y. Educ. Law § 13
      Bullying in New York is defined as threats, intimidation or abuse that unreasonably and substantially interferes with the victim's educational performance, opportunities, or mental, physical or emotional health. Bullying can apply even if it occurs off school property, so long as it would create a foreseeable risk that the bullying acts might reach school property.
    • Texas, Texas Educ. Code § 37.001
      Texas defines bullying as any written, verbal or physical act that physically harms a student or damages a student's property, or that creates an intimidating, threatening or abusive educational environment.
    • Virginia, Virginia Code § 9.1-184 and 22.1-208.01
      In Virginia, bullying is any aggressive or unwanted behavior that is intended to harm, intimidate, or humiliate the victim. Bullying must also involve a real or perceived imbalance of power between the bully and the victim, and it must either be repeated over time or cause severe emotional trauma. Virginia explicitly states that "ordinary teasing, horseplay, argument, or peer conflict" do not count as bullying.
    • Washington, Rev. Code of Wash. § 28A.300.285
      Washington defines bullying as any intentional electronic, written, verbal or physical act that physically harms a student or damages the student's property, interferes with the student's education, creates an intimidating or threatening education environment, or substantially disrupts the orderly operation of the school.

4. Black Phoenix

Black Phoenix Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +147
    "I am not vindictive"

I am.....want I should cut a bish for you?:thinking::weights::SuN004::hammer::SuN017::bam::flamethrower::flamethrower::slingshot::yesno::krazee:

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  5. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    Thank You Sister Black Phoenix
    I am EVIL.. and if I get started. I don't when to let-up or quit. I have too much fun.
    I'm seriously contemplating giving back those who crossed me a ration of heartache and :poop:
    Currently I am not taking my medication, and I am feeling nervous.

6. Black Phoenix

Black Phoenix Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +147
    You and I were twins in another life, because for the most part I let things slide.....however if I get started I will do things that will make Hannibal and Dexter cringe;):eek::oops:

7. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    Wonderful kindred spirits.
    Lets write a poem / flow together a collaboration on any topic, you like. Ladies First!
    If interested. Shout out next time you see me online. So I can follow your flow...it will be fun!