Black Spirituality Religion : words reflect:1 of 3 of Prophet Muhammad's sayings...

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by j'hiah, Apr 22, 2003.

1. j'hiah

j'hiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    Prophet Muhammad- One learned man is harder on the devil than a thousand ignorant worshippers. The pursuit of knowledge is a divine commandment for every Muslim; and to waste knowledge on those who are unworthy of it is like putting pearls, jewels and gold on the necks of swine."

let's dissect this a piece.

. ls it fair that the pursuit of knowledge is limited to only Muslims?
    . wouldn't God make this divine commandment for all people?
    . if Islam is so universal, why is Muhammad, it's messenger, so particular?

...and the last line which says "
    ...and to waste knowledge on those who are unworthy of it is like putting pearls, jewels and gold on the necks of swine."

that is crazy.
    here are some points to consider:
    . are not those who are deemed unworthy the most worthy for/of knowledge, even if they do not accept it?
    . would i be wasting food if i gave it to the hungry?
    even if they threw it away, they would be wasting themselves; however l would not cease to help in some way.
    . Knowledge, at God's value can never be wasted, only spent for God's knowledge is not a waste of itself.
    . over exerting self-effort (not letting God lead) would make a man feels like he's wasting and not spending.

what it boils down to is that one is considered "swine" for not accepting the knowledge of Muhammad which is not only demeaning, but exudes a despite and negligence for those who thinks or believes differently.

2. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    The pursuit of knowledge is not limited only to Muslims, Jehiah. However, you must consider the time the Prophet said this (ca. 670 AD)...and being a prophet of Islam he was of course concerned primarily with Muslims, his followers, and his own people.

First of all these are the sayings of Prophet Muhammad, Jehiah, not God. I'm sure there are several scriptures in the Bible where God speaks of knowledge...

Because he is the founder of the religion of Al-Islam.

For you to call the words of a prophet "crazy" indicates that your own mind is demented...are the mentally retarded or mentally deranged deemed worthy for/of knowledge? What about the criminally insane? What about atheists? Are they the most worthy of knowledge?

What you have proffered here is flawed and in no comparison. First of all you have to determine you is hungry...and why would you continue to give food to those that throw it away? Sounds stupid to me...

I agree.

Anyone who does not let God lead will have problems in life...

You have misinterpreted what the Prophet said in your flummoxed state, Jehiah...because you think the Prophet is referring to Christians as "swine." Here is the original saying:

"The pursuit of knowledge is a divine commandment for every Muslim; and to waste knowledge on those who are unworthy of it is like putting pearls, jewels and gold on the necks of swine."

THE WORSE LIE IS A TRUTH MISUNDERSTOOD BY THOSE WHO HEAR IT...

3. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    The great prophet Jesus said:

"Do not give what is holy to the dogs, nor cast your pearls before swine, less they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces."

(Matthew 7:6)

:read:

4. j'hiah

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    you're wrong (respect) Aqil, time will permit me to show you why later.

5. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    While you're getting yourself together, here's another one for you to digest:

"A beautiful woman, without discretion, is like a ring of gold in a swine's snout."

(Proverbs 11:22)

6. j'hiah

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    let's dissect your response....

l asked, after reading prophet Muhammad's saying
    "ls it fair that the pursuit of knowledge is limited to muslims only"

Aqil's replied " the pursuit of knowledge is not limited to Muslims only, Jehiah "

Aqil, l am going by the he (Prophet Muhammad) said, not how you interpret what he said and that is judging the whole saying.

Aqil said "However, you must consider the time the Prophet said this (ca. 670 A.D).. and being a prophet of Islam he was of course primarily concerned with Muslims, his followers, and his own people"

Aqil, time bears no significance.
    True prophets spoke inspirationally ahead of their time, not in the confines of their present. it is weak (respect) to try and justify your argument using time :rolleyes:.
    in that saying, he had not only muslims in mind, but "those who are unworthy"- the swine who did not accept his way of teaching.

primary concern
    ln John 3:16, Jesus makes very clear God's primary concern- the world (not just a single group/sect) - "for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever ( anyone who believes in him my have eternal life. )

-l asked "Wouldn't God make this divine commandment for all people?"

Aqil said " First of all these are the sayings of Prophet Muhammad, Jehiah, not God."

... says a lot about the credibility of his sayings, especially since he was a prophet. (prophets spoke inspirationally of God His word and His). you did not even say that his sayings[prophet muhammad) was at least inspired by God which says a lot about you. (ln the Koran, Jesus is called The Word of God by the way.)

-l asked if Islam is so universal, why is Muhammad- its Messenger- so particular?

Aqil said "Because he is the founder of the religion of Al-Islam."
    right. he is the founder of one religion and no religion has the strength (law or principle) or capacity to contain all of God's wisdom and love since in fact "religions" are limitations and can not represent God, who is universal.
    He, who the Q'uran calls sinless perfect The Word of God can only represent all mercy, wisdom, and love and that is Jesus Christ.

Christ is founder of no religion. His purpose was not to come and establish a religious order as was prophet muhammad's. ( and not once did he say the words "Christian" or "Christianity"). His purpose was to set our beings' order towards God.

Aqil, believe me, there is no extraneous studying one has to do when responding to you, so trust that l don't have to "get myself together" :thanks: l only wanted you to know that l was not ignoring your responses. as much as time permits l respond.

... and do you even know what Christ meant by that verse (Matthew 7:6)??
    tell me, what do you think that verse means and after you're done, l'll tell you what it really means.

.... hate to make it lengthy, so l'll reply to your responses later l did not reply to today.

nfinite....

7. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Prophet Muhammad was talking to Muslims, just as Jesus was talking to his disciples...

Here is what the Prophet said, Jehiah:

"The pursuit of knowledge is a divine commandment for every Muslim; and to waste knowledge on those who are unworthy of it is like putting pearls, jewels and gold on the necks of swine."

Swine are pigs, Jehiah.

The Biblical verse you quote is one where correct interpretation is necessary. For God so loved the Earth that He created that He gave His only begotten Sun, the Sun which is the center of our solar system, which is the Giver of All Life...and believing in the Sun gives one eternal life because the Sun is eternal...

Just as the credibility of Prophet Jesus' sayings are without question. If you would have asked me, I would have never said that his sayings were "at least" inspired by God...I would have said of course his sayings were inspired by God. ALL THE PROPHETS' SAYINGS ARE INSPIRED BY GOD. THEY SAY THE MEN WHO WROTE THE BIBLE WERE INSPIRED BY GOD. And of course that would say a lot about me...:)

Although I detect an air of sarcasm in your biased inital statement, I will say this: There is only one God, and all religions worship one God. In addition, no religion – which is simply a set of externalized and formalized ideas – is indispensable. Only truth is indispensable, and truth shines with a light that is instantly and universally recognized. Unlike dogmatism, which is invariably divisive, truth has a unifying effect, because it is a manifestation of the oneness of life and being...

YOUR STATEMENT IS INCORRECT SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT YOU ARE NOT A MUSLIM, AND ANY MUSLIM WHO HAS KNOWLEDGE OF THE HOLY QUR'AN WOULD TELL YOU THAT YOUR INTERPRETATION IS INCORRECT.

Jesus Christ is still considered the founder of Christianity even though the religion itself did not exist during his time. A religious order was established whether or not that was his purpose. And since both men were prophets of God, their purposes were the same...

It's only obvious that you weren't ignoring my responses, since just the two of us are dialoguing. And I didn't expect you to do any "extraneous studying." My badd...you led me to believe that it would be a while before you respond...it was a rush to judgment...:)

You're going down another road here, and I don't want to go on a wild-goose chase to nowhere. So since you brought it up, state your case and be done with it...

Don't hate to be lengthy...you're in cyberspace...:) I patiently await your comments...

8. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Re: your name:

According to Smith's Bible Dictionary,"jehi'ah" is a Hebrew word that translates, "Jehovah lives," also, "doorkeeper for the ark" at the time of its establishment in Jerusalem. (1st Chronicles 15:24, ca. 1043 BC)

The word is correctly pronounced, "yah hee yah."

9. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    “When you see a person who has been given more than you in money and beauty, then look to those who have been given less.”

[Prophet Muhammad (saw)]

10. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Prophet Muhammad- One learned man is harder on the devil than a thousand ignorant worshippers. The pursuit of knowledge is a divine commandment for every Muslim; and to waste knowledge on those who are unworthy of it is like putting pearls, jewels and gold on the necks of swine.

Although I agree with this particular saying, I don't put my faith in hadith and the "sayings" of Muhammad.

Allah didn't put His protection on Muhammad's hadith
    but on the Koran....the actual Revelation.