Black Spirituality Religion : words reflect:1 of 3 of Prophet Muhammad's sayings...

j'hiah

REGISTERED MEMBER
Prophet Muhammad- One learned man is harder on the devil than a thousand ignorant worshippers. The pursuit of knowledge is a divine commandment for every Muslim; and to waste knowledge on those who are unworthy of it is like putting pearls, jewels and gold on the necks of swine."

let's dissect this a piece.

. ls it fair that the pursuit of knowledge is limited to only Muslims?
. wouldn't God make this divine commandment for all people?
. if Islam is so universal, why is Muhammad, it's messenger, so particular?

...and the last line which says "
...and to waste knowledge on those who are unworthy of it is like putting pearls, jewels and gold on the necks of swine."

that is crazy.
here are some points to consider:
. are not those who are deemed unworthy the most worthy for/of knowledge, even if they do not accept it?
. would i be wasting food if i gave it to the hungry?
even if they threw it away, they would be wasting themselves; however l would not cease to help in some way.
. Knowledge, at God's value can never be wasted, only spent for God's knowledge is not a waste of itself.
. over exerting self-effort (not letting God lead) would make a man feels like he's wasting and not spending.

what it boils down to is that one is considered "swine" for not accepting the knowledge of Muhammad which is not only demeaning, but exudes a despite and negligence for those who thinks or believes differently.

j'hiah said:
Prophet Muhammad: "One learned man is harder on the devil than a thousand ignorant worshippers."

"The pursuit of knowledge is a divine commandment for every Muslim; and to waste knowledge on those who are unworthy of it is like putting pearls, jewels and gold on the necks of swine."

Let's dissect this:

ls it fair that the pursuit of knowledge is limited to only Muslims?
The pursuit of knowledge is not limited only to Muslims, Jehiah. However, you must consider the time the Prophet said this (ca. 670 AD)...and being a prophet of Islam he was of course concerned primarily with Muslims, his followers, and his own people.

j'hiah said:
Wouldn't God make this divine commandment for all people?
First of all these are the sayings of Prophet Muhammad, Jehiah, not God. I'm sure there are several scriptures in the Bible where God speaks of knowledge...

j'hiah said:
If Islam is so universal, why is Muhammad - its Messenger - so particular?
Because he is the founder of the religion of Al-Islam.

j'hiah said:
And the last line, which says, "and to waste knowledge on those who are unworthy of it is like putting pearls, jewels and gold on the necks of swine."

That is crazy...here are some points to consider:

Are not those who are deemed unworthy the most worthy for/of knowledge, even if they do not accept it?
For you to call the words of a prophet "crazy" indicates that your own mind is demented...are the mentally retarded or mentally deranged deemed worthy for/of knowledge? What about the criminally insane? What about atheists? Are they the most worthy of knowledge?

j'hiah said:
Would I be wasting food if I gave it to the hungry? Even if they threw it away, they would be wasting themselves; however l would not cease to help in some way.
What you have proffered here is flawed and in no comparison. First of all you have to determine you is hungry...and why would you continue to give food to those that throw it away? Sounds stupid to me...

j'hiah said:
Knowledge, at God's value, can never be wasted, only spent, for God's knowledge is not a waste of itself.
I agree.

j'hiah said:
Over-exerting self-effort (not letting God lead) would make a man feel like he's wasting, and not spending.
Anyone who does not let God lead will have problems in life...

j'hiah said:
What it boils down to is that one is considered "swine" for not accepting the knowledge of Muhammad, which is not only demeaning, but exudes a despite and negligence for those who think or believe differently.
You have misinterpreted what the Prophet said in your flummoxed state, Jehiah...because you think the Prophet is referring to Christians as "swine." Here is the original saying:

"The pursuit of knowledge is a divine commandment for every Muslim; and to waste knowledge on those who are unworthy of it is like putting pearls, jewels and gold on the necks of swine."

THE WORSE LIE IS A TRUTH MISUNDERSTOOD BY THOSE WHO HEAR IT...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back