Black People : WORDS OF WISDOM

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
THEIR PLIGHT IS NO DIFFERENT FROM OUR OWN. LEARN THE WAY OF THE INDIAN, AND LEARN YOUR WAY TO THE LIGHT.

http://members.tripod.com/~susanbates/nativeamericanjrnl-index.html

"The honor of the people lies in the moccasin tracks of the woman.

Walk the good road....

Be dutiful, respectful, gentle and modest my daughter...

Be strong with the warm, strong heart of the earth.

No people goes down until their women are weak and dishonored, or dead upon the ground.

Be strong and sing the strength of the Great Powers within you, all around you."

--Village Wise Man, SIOUX

===============

HOW THE EAGLE CHOOSES HER MATE
Many of you who read this column are just beginning your journey down the Red Road. It isn't enough to boast that your grandmother was some tribal "Princess." Nor is enough to dress up in ribbon shirts and beads and go to powwows. Truly returning to your Native Roots involves relearning your own spiritual ways and living them 24 hours a day - 7 days a week. To do less is only to pretend to be "Indian."

In our tribal societies before the white man came, our women were honored. We were held most sacred as we had the power to give life. It was rare for a young woman to give herself away to just any man. She knew her worth and acted accordingly. I recieved this story from my friend Sue Rock, Dineh/Navajo Nation from New Mexico. I think you might enjoy it.

HOW THE FEMALE EAGLE CHOOSES HER MATE

As told by the Wintu Tribal Elders of California

When it comes time for the female Eagle to choose her mate, she prepares herself for many suitors. And many come before her. She looks them over quite well and then picks one to fly with for awhile. If she likes the way he flies she finds a small stick, picks it up and flies high with it. At some point she will drop the stick to see if the male can catch it. If he does, then she finds a larger stick and flies with it much higher this time. Each time the male catches the sticks, she continues to pick up larger and larger sticks. When she finds the largest, heaviest stick that she herself can carry, the stick is at this point almost the size of a small log! But she can still fly very high with this large stick.
At any time in this process, if the male fails to catch the stick, she flies away from him as her signal that the test is now over. She begins her search all over again. And when she again finds a male she is interested in, she starts testing him in the exact same way. And she will continue this "testing" until she finds the male Eagle who can catch all the sticks. And when she does, she chooses him, and will mate with him for life.

One of the reasons for this test is that at some point they will build a nest together high up and will then have their Eaglettes. When the babies begin to learn to fly, they sometimes fall instead. It is then that the male must catch his young. And he does! The female Eagle and their Eaglettes have depended on him to be strong for them. Just as we Native women and children need to depend upon our Native men. So what I would like to offer to you my friends is this. Sisters, how well do you "test" your suitors before you allow them into your life? And my Brothers, how well have you caught the "sticks" for your women and your children?

Whatever our past has been like, if we need to change, let's do so now together. Our children are counting on us to make these good choices for them and for their children.

My Sisters, it's time for us to welcome our Native men back into our Circles. We need to bring balance and harmony back to our families and our communities. This won't happen until we as men and women can come together and learn to truly Love one another in a healthy and repectful way.

Open your arms today, we can do this together. Today is marked on the calendar as a day of Love. Let's love each other in a good way! Let's love and be faithful like our Eagle relatives! Let's learn from their wisdom. Aho!... All My Relations."

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back