Black People : Women To Be Drafted Also

Kannte

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 18, 2004
NYC
Are you draft age?

Do you have children that are draft age?

How do you feel about Black Women women being drafted? Do you think black women being drafted will be good for the Black Nation?

Do you think that adding women to these bills is to cause a trade off of, at least, just drafting men?

Do you think young men and women being drafted will bring back the youth rebellions of the sixties? Do you think it may be possible that youth rebellions of the sixties is what the planers want?

How will,l a draft, effect hip-hop culture?

H. R. 163

To provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes.

http://thomas.loc.gov
Put bill # H. R. 163 in search function to see bill; then go to: "Bill Summary & Status"

S. 89

To provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes.

http://thomas.loc.gov
Put bill # S. 89 in search function to see bill; then go to: "Bill Summary & Status"

The Coming Draft

"History has proven that long-term military operations can only be sustained if you have twice as many soldiers waiting in the pipeline as are stationed out in the field. By that rule of thumb, the regular military is now 125,000 soldiers short . . .

The 2004 plan commits the SSS to report to the president on March 31st, 2005, that the system is ready for activation with 75 days. If they manage the task, then the first lottery could happen as early as June 15th, 2005."

Read Story Here:

Kannte, thank you, thank you, thank you for bringing information like this to our ATTENTION! This is extremely important in my opinion. I'm not draft age and don't have children who are either but I'm feeling for those among us who are and do. I was around in the 60s when there were massive protests against drafting men to fight in the Vietnam War. I had a brother who was drafted and luckily survived but I also had a cousin who was killed and friends that came back addicted to drugs and emotionally shattered. I remember Muhammed Ali's powerful political, religious and personal stand against entering the military to go half-way around the world to fight people that hadn't done anything to him. I remember the Black mothers and wives in my community wailing from the loss of a son or husband in the military. I remember my mother telling my brother that she would support him if he chose to run away to Canada. It was a very scarey time and it still is. Am I missing something critical here when I wonder why or how WE can see a need to fight and kill people in the name of America for any reason? I've even wondered how the Black men I see sorted it out in their minds to join the Secret Service and be willing to die to save the president. It just looks awkward to me. But then I realize that not everyone thinks like I do.

We have fought for equal rights in this country, is dying for your country a part of that?

Queenie :spinstar:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back