Black People : women 'spread legs' for Weinstein movie roles

IFE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 20, 2015
Germaine Greer says women 'spread legs' for Weinstein movie roles

Iconic feminist Germain Greer has stunned fans by saying it's too late for women who "spread their legs" for Harvey Weinstein movie roles to start "whingeing."

The 78-year-old spoke out about her distaste for the #MeToo movement, railing at actresses who say Harvey Weinstein assaulted them.

"If you spread your legs because he said 'be nice to me and I'll give you a job in a movie' then I'm afraid that's tantamount to consent, and it's too late now to start whingeing about that," Greer explained, before being honoured as Australian of the Year.

She then added that "in the old days" women would "slap down" men who were assaulting or harassing them.

Germaine Greer says women 'spread legs' for Weinstein movie roles ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...spread-legs-movie-roles-actress-a8173161.html - 324k - Cached - Similar pages

a white person from Australia should sit down and shut up.....

Are you referring to Greer?

I agree with him.
I’ve been waiting for a white male to call these celebrity women out
That has always been the way in Hollywood. Sex for movie roles.
These white women are complaining about sexual harassment after giving sex for movie roles.
I feel they are totally disrespectful of victims of rape. These white women are selfish snow flakes.(Condi Rice).

I’m not one of them. They do not represent Black women.

Are you referring to Greer?

I agree with him.
I’ve been waiting for a white male to call these celebrity women out
That has always been the way in Hollywood. Sex for movie roles.
These white women are complaining about sexual harassment after giving sex for movie roles.
I feel they are totally disrespectful of victims of rape. These white women are selfish snow flakes.(Condi Rice).

I’m not one of them. They do not represent Black women.

I absolutely agree. I find it amazing seeing pictures of some of them hugging on their rapist, after the alleged rapes. It makes no sense and their complaints do a disservice to women who have actually suffered being raped. Some of those women seemed to be fine with the situation until they became older and started to not be desired for acting roles.

The rumor is, she slept with him to get the part. The reality is uglier.

Weinstein’s behavior was reportedly an open secret in the industry. While some have come forward to say they did, in fact, know about this all along — or that they, too, had an “audition” with Weinstein that left them feeling “violated” — some have taken a different approach: They knew something, but certainly nothing as bad as this.

In an interview with The Daily Beast, George Clooney commented, at length, about the allegations against Weinstein. (Weinstein, as the story notes, gave Clooney his “first major big-screen role.”) Calling the alleged sexual misconduct “indefensible,” Clooney went on to contextualize his reaction to the news.

“I’ve heard rumors, and the rumors in general started back in the ’90s, and they were that certain actresses had slept with Harvey to get a role,” Clooney said

The rumor is, she slept with him to get the part. The reality is uglier ...
https://thinkprogress.org/harvey-weinstein-casting-couch-a96d552a6d97/ - 136k - Cached - Similar pages

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back