Black Christians : Women Pastors...(from Oceolo)

Well, yes, I am familiar with most of those women you named and I was ready to give them as examples to the OP myself. (lol)

However, that same "patriarchal" aspect you spoke of is also what men used to interpret Paul's statement about women not speaking in church.

But, with further delving, much can be found NOT as that patriarchal headship has preached down through the years.

And as for "unavailable men," that too speaks to the literal and spiritual state of too many of our husbands and fathers.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and the Truth!

Well, yes, I am familiar with most of those women you named and I was ready to give them as examples to the OP myself. (lol)

However, that same "patriarchal" aspect you spoke of is also what men used to interpret Paul's statement about women not speaking in church.

But, with further delving, much can be found NOT as that patriarchal headship has preached down through the years.

And as for "unavailable men," that too speaks to the literal and spiritual state of too many of our husbands and fathers.

cherryblossom,

Yes my sister you are on it! And I would say misinterpret as oppose to saying, “what men used to interpret,” in relations to the patriarchal. Of course, much can be found to be, if you will, non-patriarchal, which is also to say, matriarchal, lol.

Further delving is the job of latter rain teachers, which I spoke to in your Christian Poetry thread. Again, you are correct when you speak on the current state of “too many of our husbands and fathers," and not only them but many, many so-called preachers are lacking in divine/spiritual and literal revelation as I have mentioned heretofore.

Last edited:
In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Good morning, Clyde!

What did you think of the post from RU2religious about his parents?

What is your take on that situation?

And a gracious good morning back to you cherryblossom,

I started to speak on that but decided to wait, but I am glad you asked. It simply is unfortunate and the epitome of what we have exchanged, concerning proper interpretation of scripture. The word is deep, very deep and requires our total undivided attention.

Last edited:
It simply is unfortunate and the epitome of what we have exchanged, concerning proper interpretation of scripture. The word is deep, very deep and requires our total undivided attention.

Amen and Amen.

Prov. 16:

[18] Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
[19] Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.
[20] He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.

Prov. 4:

[7] Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back