Black Relationships : Women don't like jerks.

my sons have the tendacies to make women, who all tries to be nice to them, do what they want whether they (women) want to or not. Thats manipulating . They--well at least, my sons do----yell and sometimes make them ( the women) feel guilty when they are not. Thats manipulating. Like i told my sons, thier time will come when they will recieve that same treatment.

my sons have the tendacies to make women, who all tries to be nice to them, do what they want whether they (women) want to or not. Thats manipulating . They--well at least, my sons do----yell and sometimes make them ( the women) feel guilty when they are not. Thats manipulating. Like i told my sons, thier time will come when they will recieve that same treatment.

Now that's different than what her son is guilty of. He's guilty of being nice to them if you read her write up. He admits that he was good to them.

My younger brother and I were talking tonight, and he said that, "Women don't like jerks, they like men with confidence." He had low self esteem and he acknowledges that now. He also said that,"Men who consider themselves nice guys can be manipulative. I was one of those guys, and I dated women who treated me with disrespect and I felt like they should treat me better because I was a nice guy. Yeah, I put up with the BS but I always expected the best because I did a lot for them to realize this, so in a way I was kind of manipulating them." That was a very honest aspect of what he felt, I had never thought of it like that. What do the men think of this? Don't be scared to comment, we are here to teach each other.

I've observed in men and women who are especially "nice" and "submissive" to their significant others is often due to low self-esteem...like, "He (or she)'s just GOTTA like me/love me cuz I try so HARD to please him/her."

Now, I'm a woman who enjoys "taking care of my man;" and I expect the same from him.

But, in some men and women, there is an unhealthy underlying anxiety and hunger of "If I show him or her HARD enough, He (or she) won't leave cuz look what all I do for him/her." ----"See how GOOD I am to you?!"

My younger brother and I were talking tonight, and he said that, "Women don't like jerks, they like men with confidence." He had low self esteem and he acknowledges that now. He also said that,"Men who consider themselves nice guys can be manipulative. I was one of those guys, and I dated women who treated me with disrespect and I felt like they should treat me better because I was a nice guy. Yeah, I put up with the BS but I always expected the best because I did a lot for them to realize this, so in a way I was kind of manipulating them." That was a very honest aspect of what he felt, I had never thought of it like that. What do the men think of this? Don't be scared to comment, we are here to teach each other.

I've had similar experiences like your brother.

One guy was trying to BUY my affection....He would bring me stuff all the time.

If I saw something and said it was "nice" or "pretty," the next thing I know, he's at my door with it in his hand.---I wasn't throwing hints. I was just talkin.

We hadn't been seeing each other that long. So, I had to let him go.

I told him what he was doing and that another woman with less conscience than I would USE him and "take him down thru there" if he continued with that behavior with women.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back