Black Women : Women do you feel the need to correct your man's flaws ........Part one

nevar

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 19, 2005
I'm a Georgia Peach!!!!
Occupation
working to own my plus size empire.....
Women do you feel the need to correct your man flaws.:help: Do you tend to put your energy into molding him into what you need him to be? Do you also overlook your flaws just to focus upon him? I just wanted to know the answer to that question because I am the accuser.:qqb020: He don't spend his talking about what I need to do to make it work. But I am constantly thowing up in his face about his inconsistencies, and never mine. :11900: Have you ever in your life tried to correct the one your with so they can be the man for you? If you have how were you able to break that cycle. I love the man, but I want to be Mz. fixit, and he isn't feeling my flow.:censored: Ladies and gents what's your 411:qqb010:

If you feel so compelled to "fix him," perhaps he's not the man for you.

When we love someone, we accept the "good, the bad, and the ugly" about that person. No one is "perfect." So, we know that we ALL have flaws and faults.

Some things are just a complete "deal-breaker" for me and some things, I can live with.

Years ago, I told an ex of mine, "There's not one set of rules for you and another set for me." (That's one of the reasons he's an EX.) LOL

In a relationship, I will do or not do what is asked of me out of love and respect for my man; but that doesn't mean HE gets to do whatever he wants, when he wants, how he wants just because he's the man. He will respect me and my wants/wishes as well. We can talk about what we each expect and work it out between us.

If not....well, it's been lovely but I gotta go.

amen

If you feel so compelled to "fix him," perhaps he's not the man for you.

When we love someone, we accept the "good, the bad, and the ugly" about that person. No one is "perfect." So, we know that we ALL have flaws and faults.

Some things are just a complete "deal-breaker" for me and some things, I can live with.

Years ago, I told an ex of mine, "There's not one set of rules for you and another set for me." (That's one of the reasons he's an EX.) LOL

In a relationship, I will do or not do what is asked of me out of love and respect for my man; but that doesn't mean HE gets to do whatever he wants, when he wants, how he wants just because he's the man. He will respect me and my wants/wishes as well. We can talk about what we each expect and work it out between us.

If not....well, it's been lovely but I gotta go.

Been there, seen it, done it, realized that who I want is important enough for me to wait.
"When we convince ourselves that we can't find the right mate, we try and make the one we have into the one we want. there are two ways to do this. The first is to see who we have and tell ourselves they are someone different. The other way is to try and fix what we have. Neither idea works.... Acts of Faith, Iyanla Vanzant, Aug 10

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back