Black Women : Women calling each other derogatory names

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
So I was sitting here watching tv and these black girls were calling each other the "B" word, but they were doing it like in "Girl, you my 'b'!" or "That's my 'b'!" and then laughing about it... Then the girls were calling each other "B's" but getting mad about being called a "B"...which was confusing.

Moreover, I've even had girlfriends of mine do the same thing.

For me, I wouldn't call a woman a "B" as a term of some kind of endearment.

These same women will call each other "B's" (in endearment) but get mad if a man calls her a "B".

I'm in no way condoning any of these actions.

I just find it hypocritical and confusing. And it's almost like giving men the right to call women "B's" just flippantly.

I never seen were the gray area starts when it comes to calling someone out their name.

So I was sitting here watching tv and these black girls were calling each other the "B" word, but they were doing it like in "Girl, you my 'b'!" or "That's my 'b'!" and then laughing about it... Then the girls were calling each other "B's" but getting mad about being called a "B"...which was confusing.

Moreover, I've even had girlfriends of mine do the same thing.

For me, I wouldn't call a woman a "B" as a term of some kind of endearment.

These same women will call each other "B's" (in endearment) but get mad if a man calls her a "B".

I'm in no way condoning any of these actions.

I just find it hypocritical and confusing. And it's almost like giving men the right to call women "B's" just flippantly.

I never seen were the gray area starts when it comes to calling someone out their name.

I totally get what you are saying; however, I do understand what some others say about it taking on different meaning when said by someone different than yourself in terms of race or gender or family/friends.

I remember asking my brother what he thought about women being angry when a guy calls her a "B" and not so much when a woman does it; he told me, let a white man call a brother the "N" word and a another brother do the same and there'll be a difference. Even if both are used to look down upon him, knowing one is black and can relate to some degree to being called that or viewed as such makes it different, even if the same. Brother gets brother, woman gets woman, friend gets friend. I get that, but still don't condone it.

It very well is hypocrisy to be called "B" like it's affectionate but then take the word as offense from another's mouth, so I don't think women should be straddling the line with such a word as that.

To me, a "B" is what it always was; a female dog. Even if not meant in offense, I don't take it ever as endearment nor a compliment, from woman or man. Call me by my name, and I do the same for others.

men call each other derog names. they cool it down around women but trash-talking is a male art form.

I've referred to some of my females as the b-word. usually when they say/do something incredulous or hilarious. it's a statement. not a term of endearment.

obviously...if a some random man up and called me the b-word, I'd have a problem with it...as I'd have a problem with some random woman doing the same.

no it isn't hypocritical. connotation matters in addition to whomever'saying it and the situation that spurred the namecalling on.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back