Black People : Women and Children Homeless

Feather

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 3, 2011
There are many women who are products of domestic violence and their children. Our mothers don't teach us who to love and what type of man deserves our love and some of us end up choosing the wrong man again and again!:) Clarification "our" meaning women who did not have a loving healthy mother daughter relationship and find themselves in these situations.

A big effect of slavery, the model of a good strong man to identify with who shows her what love is and she knows what to seek and what is it's opposite.

A lot of us cannot turn to family for support. Strangers are nice to us then our own families smh. How do we reverse this. where do these women start. They are tossed from shelter to shelter with no stability to get on their feet. Their kids are in and out of schools. They are made to room with other women squished sometimes in small rooms that are difficult to live in because they don't have privacy. Some of these places are very hectic and the people that work there treat the women like trauma patients hi and goodbye often it's just a job to them. They have laws that work against the people that need help that make living there stressful for the kids and the mother.

Where can women whom need help getting on their feet go who are in dysfunctional circumstances as a result of domestic violence? I have been in this situation before and I think of all the women still going through it and their children. The system is not helping them it is teaching them to be dependent overall.

Women could setup private networks and work together.

For example, say two or more women with children work together to acquire a house for communal living. Expenses could be shared. Buying food in bulk will provide savings along with all the food necessary for the women and children.

Those women could also work together by providing their unique gifts and specializations to the benefit of all members.

Another example, assume that one woman is expert in computers. She could provide help to the others with regard as to which computers to buy, what operating system to use, what broadband service to acquire, etc.

I would think women are a bit more likely to work together than men would be, but that is my opinion (and bias).

Women could setup private networks and work together.

For example, say two or more women with children work together to acquire a house for communal living. Expenses could be shared. Buying food in bulk will provide savings along with all the food necessary for the women and children.

Those women could also work together by providing their unique gifts and specializations to the benefit of all members.

Another example, assume that one woman is expert in computers. She could provide help to the others with regard as to which computers to buy, what operating system to use, what broadband service to acquire, etc.

I would think women are a bit more likely to work together than men would be, but that is my opinion (and bias).

I agree too when i was in a shelter this was my plan get a place together and provide childcare for one another while the other works. It was difficult though because everyone isn't ethical, reasonable or has respect for other people. you run into all kinds of characters so this is a challenge.

Really what is needed is strong autonomous communities so that we can take care of our own.This is what Imam Jamil was trying to do for the Muslims.

The homeless and domestic abuse issues can be strongly minimize when we get serious and stop running from what God has ordain for men and women and start running to what he has ordain for us and striving our upmost to live it.
How husbands should treat their wives and children,how wives should treat husbands and children and children should treat their parents etc.etc.. EVERYTHING has been laid out for us.It's up to us to return to that.

There is a WAR going on against the family and we have to wake up.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back