Black Jokes Humor : Woman’s advice on avoiding a shark attack takes the Internet by storm

Discussion in 'Black Jokes Humor' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  2. Black Phoenix

Black Phoenix Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +147
    Love it! Hate the blonde mess on her head and her stating most of us can't swim but everything else was on point.

[​IMG]

3. JenaBee63

JenaBee63 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Health Technician/Future Paralegal
    Ratings:
    +241
    I agreed with her. I grew up in Florida. We LIVED in the water. I use to dive off bridges. Go down in underwater caves. Honestly I don't know many African Americans that can swim. I think I read somewhere that AA children are at the top of the list for deaths in pools. Something to that effect. Anyway she was funny to me.

4. Black Phoenix

United States
    Ratings:
    +147
    Whether or not it's true I refuse to agree with negative stereotypes of us or repeat them when it has no real purpose that helps us overcome that detriment.

5. JenaBee63

JenaBee63 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Health Technician/Future Paralegal
    Ratings:
    +241
    I don't see why not being able to swim is a negative stereotype myself. Your not liking what she stated or anyone for that matter does not change the fact. That is assuming there is a factual basis. I see it more a result of just not finding it interesting enough to want to do it. I didn't learn to swim because at some point in my life I may need that skill. We did it because we spent a great majority of our time in the water. My entire childhood was consumed by going to the city pool, the beaches , and lakes.

• Respectful Respectful x 1
    • List
  6. Black Phoenix

United States
    Ratings:
    +147
    I don't like to list our deficits to others; I like and can do lots of things many Black people can't or don't....I don't shade them because I won't have us appear lesser. I love foreign movies with subtitles...most Americans don't, most Black people moreso....however, I'm not going to state that because I don't want to call attention to anything that can be construed as a negative reflection on us in order to spotlight how "special and different" I am. In general, I assume that there is a tribe of Black Trekkie nerds like myself that like harpsichord music, throat singing, anime, weird socks, rock, punk, metal, etc. who plan to be arrested at Stonehenge while attempting some weird metaphysical ritual to contact their home world......or possibly just get drunk, finally try a magic mushroom then dance butt nekked, pass out and wake up in jail....with mysterious feathers in my hair:confused:.....I know my tribe is out there and I don't need to detract from others :love: Peace.:D

7. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    • Like Like x 1
    • True True x 1
    • List
  8. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,321
    I agree with this.

I think we tend to put ourselves down too much before everyone else. While it can show us as being real, it also tends to make us the butt of everyone else's jokes. They think they know or understand black people, and they don't.