Black People : Wolves - Dogs And The White Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't say for one second what the Hispanic people have accomplished in this country in 2 generations while coming here without even knowing how to speak the language is not impressive.

I am not taking anything from the accomplishments of Central Americans. It is amazing. Yet, Central Americans did not endure 200 years+ of chattel slavery, an equal or greater number of years of brutality and terrorism where progressive locales were destroyed and the inhabitants massacred because of rumors or where even little boys were killed due to pretense. Hispanic Americans did not present the City of Richmond vs J.A. Croson, Co. case to the Supreme Court.

That's a fair and accurate statement. I just question what is the biggest hindrance of forward progress on March 4, 2014.

The trauma of American oppression to the collective psyche of African Americans.

See history is not some stale retelling of facts and figures confined to the pages of books to be studied as we seem to think based on our introduction to it in compulsory education. Nope history is organic because history didn't make history. People make history. For us studying it sometimes it is about faceless people in the distant past but what do people do? They have children so history is connected to all of us in some direct way. When history is filled with conquest and enslavement, the link to us is one of trauma especially for the victims. The African slaves that came over and endured centuries of bondage, abuse and traumatic experiences did not die off as figments of a past era. Nope, they became today's first African Americans and the trauma that they experienced informed and influenced the way they parented their children and the emotional distress and instability were inherited back their descendants.

I own a mental health company and I deal with client trauma frequently. Example: a girl is raped at 13. The trauma of that event will remain with her for life. Unless she gets counseling, she will always be stuck at a psychological age of 13 no matter her chronological age. If she has kids, she will raise those kids with the mindset of a 13 year old. She won't even be aware of it unless someone points it out. The other thing about trauma recently found out is that trauma can be past on to succeeding generations. Studies of soldiers suffering from unresolved PTSD have shown effects of trauma in their children.

African Americans still live mostly in the place where their ancestors experienced a daily trauma and still experience trauma as well in some occasions even though not at the level experienced by their fore parents. Trauma stunts progress. I am relatively well to do. Most would say successful but I experience bs based on prejudices and biases.

Last edited:
For the history-ignorant, the Irish weren't the only Europeans brought to America as Indentured Servants. None were brought as slaves whose labor was free for life and whose children were considered property of the slaver:

Between one-half and two-thirds of white immigrants to the American colonies between the 1630s and American Revolution had come under indentures.[2] However, while half the European migrants to the 13 colonies were indentured servants, at any one time they were outnumbered by workers who had never been indentured, or whose indenture had expired. Free wage labor was the more common (in this sense) for Europeans in the colonies.[3] Indentured persons were numerically important mostly in the region from Virginia north to New Jersey. Other colonies saw far fewer of them. Of the 450,000 or so European arrivals who came voluntarily, Tomlins estimates that 48% were indentured.[4] About 75% were under the age of 25. The age of adulthood for men was 24 years (not 21); those over 24 generally came on contracts lasting about 3 years.[5] Regarding the children who came, Gary Nash reports that, "many of the servants were actually nephews, nieces, cousins and children of friends of emigrating Englishmen, who paid their passage in return for their labor once in America."[6]

Terms of indenture ranged from one to seven years with typical terms of four or five years.[8]

Most white immigrants arrived in Colonial America as indentured servants, usually as young men and women from Britain or Germany, under the age of 21. Typically, the father of a teenager would sign the legal papers, and work out an arrangement with a ship captain, who would not charge the father any money.[10] The captain would transport the indentured servants to the American colonies, and sell their legal papers to someone who needed workers. At the end of the indenture, the young person was given a new suit of clothes and was free to leave. Many immediately set out to begin their own farms, while others used their newly acquired skills to pursue a trade.

For the history-ignorant, the Irish weren't the only Europeans brought to America as Indentured Servants. None were brought as slaves whose labor was free for life and whose children were considered property of the slaver:

Between one-half and two-thirds of white immigrants to the American colonies between the 1630s and American Revolution had come under indentures.[2] However, while half the European migrants to the 13 colonies were indentured servants, at any one time they were outnumbered by workers who had never been indentured, or whose indenture had expired. Free wage labor was the more common (in this sense) for Europeans in the colonies.[3] Indentured persons were numerically important mostly in the region from Virginia north to New Jersey. Other colonies saw far fewer of them. Of the 450,000 or so European arrivals who came voluntarily, Tomlins estimates that 48% were indentured.[4] About 75% were under the age of 25. The age of adulthood for men was 24 years (not 21); those over 24 generally came on contracts lasting about 3 years.[5] Regarding the children who came, Gary Nash reports that, "many of the servants were actually nephews, nieces, cousins and children of friends of emigrating Englishmen, who paid their passage in return for their labor once in America."[6]

Terms of indenture ranged from one to seven years with typical terms of four or five years.[8]

Most white immigrants arrived in Colonial America as indentured servants, usually as young men and women from Britain or Germany, under the age of 21. Typically, the father of a teenager would sign the legal papers, and work out an arrangement with a ship captain, who would not charge the father any money.[10] The captain would transport the indentured servants to the American colonies, and sell their legal papers to someone who needed workers. At the end of the indenture, the young person was given a new suit of clothes and was free to leave. Many immediately set out to begin their own farms, while others used their newly acquired skills to pursue a trade.

2 Things..

I told you I didn't want to do this in this thread. You may have failed to read or comprehend that...IDK.

I also gave you keywords on other places beyond the shores of America if you wish to seek up information. You may have failed to read or comprehend that....IDK..

I don't really even care about it...

I have stated that as well.

My last response in this thread to Irish Slavery is this one right here.

If you wish to start a thread on the subject...have at it. I will meet you there when time allows...but I will do nothing but post information.

I am not taking anything from the accomplishments of Central Americans. It is amazing. Yet, Central Americans did not endure 200 years+ of chattel slavery, an equal or greater number of years of brutality and terrorism where progressive locales were destroyed and the inhabitants massacred because of rumors or where even little boys were killed due to pretense. Hispanic Americans did not present the City of Richmond vs J.A. Croson, Co. case to the Supreme Court.

Imigrants of Mexico lived under a government much more corrupt then America, with influence from drug cartels and dirty police and many arrived here pennyless without speaking our native tongue. In 2 generations they now routinely score better on standardized tests then their black counterparts..even in the subject of English....which blacks have been speaking for 350 years while the Hispanics come here not knowing the language.

There is no excuse for that. I say the trauma of years of oppression is not valid anymore.

We live in a country where as if people don't pass a test...we lower what is needed for a passing grade.

In one breath it is said that the history of black people needs to be explored to find out who they are going forward.

The next breath says the trauma of this history prevents people from moving forward.

Its time to just move forward.

No reason that kids who come to this country 4 and 5 years old speaking Spanish should test better in English then African American kids.

None.

If you find one...its a lie that you are telling yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back