Black People : WITNESS AGAINST AIYANA STANLEY-JONES’ FATHER REFUSES TO TESTIFY

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
"Charles Jones still held on murder charges, while Officer Joseph Weekley, who kllled 7-year-old child, is home with his family for Thanksgiving "

By Diane Bukowski
Nov. 18, 2011

DETROIT—Chauncey Owens is asserting his Fifth Amendment right to remain silent in a murder case brought against Charles Jones, father of Aiyana Stanley-Jones,7. Detroit police officer Joseph Weekley shot the child to death during a horrendous Special Response Team (SRT) raid on her home May 16, 2010.

The announcement was made today at the start of Mr. Jones’ preliminary examination on first-degree murder charges in the death of Je’Rean Blake, 17. The prosecution had expected Owens, who is the fiancé of Mr. Jones’ sister LaKrystal Sanders, to be the main witness against Mr. Jones. Owens has already pled guilty to second-degree murder in the case.

“My brother is incarcerated over hearsay,” Mr. Jones’ sister Erica said after the hearing. “The police officer who killed my niece will be home with his family for Thanksgiving while my brother is in jail away from his family. My brother is only guilty of losing his child. That is jail time itself, never to see his only daughter out of seven children walk across the stage at graduation or be married, his little princess.”
She, Mr. Jones’ mother Mertilla Jones, Aiyana’s mother Dominika Stanley, and at least 15 other family members and friends of Mr. Jones were present to support him, but were not allowed into the courtroom by court officers.

Family members said that police conducted a second raid of Mr. Jones home in Ypsilanti, Michigan, where he moved after Aiyana’s killing, during his arrest, holding guns on his toddlers and searching the place without a warrant.

Detroit police claim they originally went to Mr. Jones’ previous address on Detroit’s poverty-stricken east side last year to arrest Owens for the Blake killing, which took place in a local liquor store parking lot, two days earlier. Owens lived in the flat upstairs from Aiyana’s family.

After nearly one and a half years, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy announced in October that a “one man grand jury” had charged Mr.Weekley only with manslaughter and reckless use of a firearm. No charges were brought against other officers who participated in the raid, which was being filmed for A&E’s “First 48” series.

The “one-man grand jury” was Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Timothy Kenny, a member of the right-wing Federalist Society.

The same day, Ms. Worthy charged Mr. Jones with first-degree murder, perjury and multiple felony firearms charges in the Blake killing. The charges claim Mr. Jones supplied Mr. Owens with the gun.
Mr. Weekley was released on personal bond while Mr. Jones was held without bail.

Read more:

http://voiceofdetroit.net/2011/11/1...-jones’-father-refuses-to-testify/?pfstyle=wp

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Cops Investigate Attacks Against Jehovah's Witness Buildings In Washington State Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : A Black Woman’s Battle to Tell the Truth About Nat Turner: Witness and Testimony African American History Culture 0
RAPTOR Black People : Walter Scott Video Witness Now Charging Media $10,000 For Use of Video…. Black People Open Forum 0
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Billy Preston: My Soul Is A Witness Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Kenya : Witness: Kenya mall attackers target non-Muslims Kenya 22
legit-writer Black People : Trayvon Martin case: How Rachel Jeantel went from star witness to 'train wreck' Black People Open Forum 11
S Black People : Strong 9-11 Conspiracy film.. using witness accounts. Black People Open Forum 3
S Black Entertainment : Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection - Theatrical Trailer Black Entertainment 9
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Witness Speaks Out In Trayvon Martin Case Black People Open Forum 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Witness in Trayvon Martin murder fingers police Black People Open Forum 0
Keita Kenyatta Black Spirituality Religion : The Jehovah Witness Murders Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
A Black Christians : The Gospel of Barnabas: A Witness and a Victim Christian Study Group 18
cherryblossom Law Forum : Bearing False Witness/False Police Report/Perjury Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Witness The Fall Of A Once Mighty Nation Chief Elder Osiris 2
4 Black Jokes Humor : Should Children Witness Childbirth? Black Jokes Humor 3
Queenie Black Women : My Soul Is A Witness Black Women 2
P Black Jokes Humor : Bad Witness! Black Jokes Humor 10
Destee Black Spirituality Religion : What Topic, That You Did Not Witness, Would You Passionately Debate & Argue? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 17
dnommo Black People : Supreme Court Agrees to Hear Jehovah's Witness Case Black People Open Forum 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Under Biden, Justice Department presses fight against Omarosa Black People Politics 0
OldSoul Black People : The CIA’s Secret Global War Against the Left Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 Black People : Facebook: Antitrust Lawsuit Against FB Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People : 8 Can’f Wait ___ Was Created by Campaign Zero, A Police Reform Campaign - NOT A US AGAINST THEM ISSUE Black People Open Forum 18
HODEE Science and Technology : ( OPERATION " WARP SPEED " ) CORONA VIRUS ANTIBODIES VACCINE RACE AGAINST CHINA, U.S.A and SEVERAL PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES Science and Technology 1
G Science and Technology : Interesting Video of KGB Global Disinformation (Fake News) Campaign Against America Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Amazon’s lawsuit over a $10 billion Pentagon contract lays out disturbing allegations against Trump Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
C Black People : You Can't Be Intelligently Against Religion If You Do Not Innerstand Divinely, What God Is!!! Black People Open Forum 4
C Black People : Ain't Nobody That Is Against Reparation/Repatriation Doing Or Giving Anything To Black Afrikans That Is Worthwhile To Your Liberation!!! Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : Botham Jean’s Neighbor Who Testified Against Amber Guyger Shot and Killed in Dallas Black People Open Forum 3
R Black Poetry : "knew this girl that was home yall up against a stone wall because of a wrong phone call now this boy want some and could fall in love after he break Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Charges against alleged white supremacists tossed by judge Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Nashville PD retaliated against Black female officer for reporting sexual assault, lawsuit alleges Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : HPV VACCINE PROTECTS AGAINST OTHER ILLNESSES Black Health and Wellness 0
Perfection Black People Politics : Tariq Nasheed's "Negro bed wench" language is dangerous against Black Women Black People Politics 0
dunwiddat The Front Porch : Against All Odds The Front Porch 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Methodists Bring Church Charges Against Jeff Sessions For Border Policy Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Woman who went on rant against Jewish man has one regret Black People Open Forum 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : LeBron James and Kevin Durant unite against Donald Trump in new video Black Entertainment 1
Kemetstry Black People : NAACP ISSUES TRAVEL ADVSORY AGAINST AMERICAN AIRLINES Black People Open Forum 29
candeesweet Black Poetry : Not going against but with Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
S Black People : Why working-class Americans vote against their own best interests Black People Open Forum 3
Kemetstry Black People Politics : DOJ TO PROBE UNIVERSITIES FOR DISCRIMINATION AGAINST WHITES Black People Politics 4
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : Philadelphia sues Wells Fargo for discriminating against African Americans; bank denies allegations Black Money Business Jobs 2
Liberty Law Forum : Supreme Court won’t review decision that found N.C. voting law discriminates against African America Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Fox News Launches Racist Attack Against African-American Trump Critic Rep. Maxine Waters Black People Politics 28
R Black Poetry : Above the rim with pride but can’t swim against the tide can // Drown as a clown and be founded fact Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 25
jamesfrmphilly Black People : witches-gather-at-midnight-to-cast-spell-against-donald-trump Black People Open Forum 2
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : karrueche-gets-restraining-order-against-chris-brown Black Entertainment 9
Liberty Black People Politics : How the Black Lives Matter Movement Is Mobilizing Against Trump Black People Politics 12
RAPTOR Black People Politics : "Message to the Movement Against Donald Trump: Let the Empire Die" Black People Politics 0