Black People Politics : With Obama Winning What Does This Do For Black Leadership?

Jahari Kavi

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 12, 2008
Houston, Texas
Occupation
Self Development
I ask this question to all on here whether you're an Obama supporter or not. After the civil rights movement we saw a shift in black leadership, when we began to work in the system that kept us out for so long. With Obama making history last night will we now see African Americans look to be more involved in the political process as political leaders????

Please give detailed answers........thank you!

this is beyond

politics
the power involved

if you had attend my chat tonite @8pm you would have gotten
my full explanation:thinking:

i'm a black man

you had to be there

lol

here i am really missing the one of the civil right main player in 80's named Jessi Jackson. He said in his Speech that "Keep Hopes Alive"

We always ready to fight against for our right on any cause. i hope Obama will be most better option for the whole black in America. i hope this is the time of change and we will see that change will come soon. the only thing we have to do is the quot of Jessi Jackson "Keep Hope Alive"

Cheers

I ask this question to all on here whether you're an Obama supporter or not. After the civil rights movement we saw a shift in black leadership, when we began to work in the system that kept us out for so long. With Obama making history last night will we now see African Americans look to be more involved in the political process as political leaders????

Please give detailed answers........thank you!

If you dont know the answer to the question you raise then there is a problem. And this is a problem of demographics. For example, one thing I noticed living in Texas is that Black people tend to be less pro-active and politically conservative relative to Black people in California. In California there has been an ongoing struggle between Old school vs New school Black political leadership. It can be most visably recognized when viewing the difference between Jesse Jackson Jr and Kesse Jackson Sr. The Old school is giving way to the New.

This was exemplififed in the Los Angeles supervisoral race between Mark Ridly Thomas and Bernard Parks the former LA police chief. Especially since this contest comes as a result of the retirement of Yvonne Brathwaite-Burke (Old school). In the California state legislature Karen Bass is emerging as a stronger filgure than Maxine Waters and Dianne Watson who are in the US house. Bass is also a well known community activist who began as an anti-apartheid activist. If I keep going I can create a pattern of people I know who were also anti-apartheid activists in the 70s and or 80s, including Barack Obama, who have come of age and are the New School Black political leadership who have succeeded in one area that I have been criticized here for suggesting we focus our action.

Coalition building. This is why folks who view Obama as just another NWO Illuminati "puppet" are dead wrong. Obama is part of a historical movement, the "dialectic" as the contradictions in capitalism are producing increasing "crisis" as its institutions are breaking down. Obama cannot and will not be able to solve the financial crisis but he will be playing a major role in the transformation of the GLOBAL ECONOMY.

Especially as the stock markets continue to tumble as the "Illuminati"/"white supremacists" take their money and run....even Obama's financial guru Warren Buffett.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back