Black People Politics : With Obama Winning What Does This Do For Black Leadership?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Jahari Kavi, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    I ask this question to all on here whether you're an Obama supporter or not. After the civil rights movement we saw a shift in black leadership, when we began to work in the system that kept us out for so long. With Obama making history last night will we now see African Americans look to be more involved in the political process as political leaders????

Please give detailed answers........thank you!

2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    this is beyond

politics
    the power involved

if you had attend my chat tonite @8pm you would have gotten
    my full explanation:thinking:

i'm a black man

you had to be there

lol

3. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    lol........sorry I missed out on it.........can you paraphrase some of your ideas that you talked about.........

4. Sophia

Sophia Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    here i am really missing the one of the civil right main player in 80's named Jessi Jackson. He said in his Speech that "Keep Hopes Alive"

We always ready to fight against for our right on any cause. i hope Obama will be most better option for the whole black in America. i hope this is the time of change and we will see that change will come soon. the only thing we have to do is the quot of Jessi Jackson "Keep Hope Alive"

Cheers

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

If you dont know the answer to the question you raise then there is a problem. And this is a problem of demographics. For example, one thing I noticed living in Texas is that Black people tend to be less pro-active and politically conservative relative to Black people in California. In California there has been an ongoing struggle between Old school vs New school Black political leadership. It can be most visably recognized when viewing the difference between Jesse Jackson Jr and Kesse Jackson Sr. The Old school is giving way to the New.

This was exemplififed in the Los Angeles supervisoral race between Mark Ridly Thomas and Bernard Parks the former LA police chief. Especially since this contest comes as a result of the retirement of Yvonne Brathwaite-Burke (Old school). In the California state legislature Karen Bass is emerging as a stronger filgure than Maxine Waters and Dianne Watson who are in the US house. Bass is also a well known community activist who began as an anti-apartheid activist. If I keep going I can create a pattern of people I know who were also anti-apartheid activists in the 70s and or 80s, including Barack Obama, who have come of age and are the New School Black political leadership who have succeeded in one area that I have been criticized here for suggesting we focus our action.

Coalition building. This is why folks who view Obama as just another NWO Illuminati "puppet" are dead wrong. Obama is part of a historical movement, the "dialectic" as the contradictions in capitalism are producing increasing "crisis" as its institutions are breaking down. Obama cannot and will not be able to solve the financial crisis but he will be playing a major role in the transformation of the GLOBAL ECONOMY.

Especially as the stock markets continue to tumble as the "Illuminati"/"white supremacists" take their money and run....even Obama's financial guru Warren Buffett.

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I'll keep it simple.

Bro. Jahari - Black folks have been actively involved in the political process for years now! Many of the House Reps and Senators are black, we have black mayors, black city and town council members - I am surrounded by black County Executives; blacks taking political positions is nothing new.

If anything, this will move more black folks to seeking out positions such as Executive Office Secretary (as in Secretary of Homeland Security, Secretary of Education, etc.), Supreme Court Justice; the higher exec. positions. Nonetheless, blacks being involved in politics is nothing new.

KWABENA