Black People : Wishing Chaos and Curses Upon Black People

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Greetings Clyde, I see that the thread has moved on somewhat, so I will be brief. As you are no doubt aware the English language is a hybrid language, its roots being in Latin, Germanic, French to a degree and notwithstanding the influence of Shakespeare in this common day language we speak. The English language is one that does not wholly carry one’s ‘intent’ and is open to being misconstrued, misunderstandings and misinterpretations because of its very roots.

The Hungarian example given is a very recent concept. There are several ‘theories’ as to the etymology of the word ‘hello’.

This being but one …

From Wordorigins.com:
"It is a variant of hallo, which dates to 1840 and is a cry of
surprise. That in turn is related to halloo , a cry to urge on hunting
dogs. Halloo dates to about 1700, but a variant, aloo, appears in
Shakespeare's King Lear a century earlier than that.
And there is an even earlier variant, hollo, which dates to at least
1588 when Shakespeare used it in Titus Andronicus. There are also
cognates in other Germanic languages."

The esteemed transited Elder who explained the word ‘hell o’ to me through Afrikan eyes, is someone whose explanation eye trust more than Wikipedia. As mentioned previously by Sister Destee, eye am not the first, nor will eye be the last to hold this view.

To each his own ….

Peace

SeekingMaat,

Please do not misunderstand, in no way am I challenging you are anyone else, just opening up the dialogue. Thank you for further explaining the Elder's point of view, I would never have known, had I not brought forward the research.

Also, the information concerning Halloween was brought forward. Do you see the connection between the two words?

Bottom-line, we will never put all of the pieces back together to this enigma! And neither should we try, in my view, lets come to acceptable terms, and move on, rightly or wrongly.

Do we remain as Friends?

Last edited:
Come on guys we should be focusing on white supremacy, white Jesus, and Barack Obama!! Get it together.

Jk. Knowledge where you at Bruh....

Brother Tyab ... who are you to tell us, what we should be focused on?

If you are not focused on this, or any thread found here, just skip over it ... and go to the ones you are focused on.

I don't appreciate the attempt at diminishing what i am focused on, feel is important, worthy of discussion, so much so, that i started a thread about it!

If you don't like it ... it's not your focus ... stay out of it!

:heart:

Destee

My side is hurting on this one! But for clarity sake, and perhaps for my own enjoyment I'd liked to read Mother Destee greeting Bro. Darkside with "CHAOS" !!!

Destee.com deserves to be in the limelight!
Please view the new thread: "Youtube Projects."

lol Brother MetaSaience ... your laughing made me laff ... :lol:

It really did happen! I'm surprised that you are so surprised! :)

Yes, i have greeted Brother DARKSIDE with "chaos" more than once i know!

Destee

I'd like to know more about that word "hello". This is the first I've heard about it being more than a greeting. And just like I have removed the "N" word from my vocabulary, if necessary I will get rid of hello as well.

Brother Kamau ... i don't know enough about it, to really be able to tell it.

I believe Brother Moorfius shared this with us one day in chat. He's not around as much these days, but does still share with us, so i'll try to catch him, and ask him to explain it to us again! :)

In the meantime, perhaps Sister SeekingMaat can give more insight.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

CHAOS

AAH GHEGHE YO NI OLIMHIN KHA MHEN BHI ELO, OHLE AAH DA RI UKPON BHO.

"CLOTHING A CORPSE STILL MAKES IT A CORPSE"

DARKSIDE MAGICK ---- THAT ROSETTA STONE SOME GOOD STUFF

Thank You Brother DARKSIDE ... but i don't understand the point you're making, using that phrase.

Who's trying to clothe a corpse ... or make it be something other than it is ... ??

I tend to agree with the translation ... as a curse is a curse ... no matter how one tries to pretty it up.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back