Black People : Wishing Chaos and Curses Upon Black People

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Another great thread of Destee.com:

Wishing Chaos and Curses Upon Black People

Posters would have us think this,

“The words that have the worst intent are actually names that we may not understand the "intent" as those names are often designed to create chaos.”

And also this,

“Chaos and Curses is the very opposite of the very familiar greeting "Peace and Blessings." I've been robbed by people who greeted me like that. No one should have to pay over $7.00 for a slice of yellow cake. But that's another story. Again, I'm speaking of the intent.”

So, intent plays a large role when considering the thread title (Wishing Chaos and Curses Upon Black People).

And then there is this,

“The greeting "Chaos and Curses" could be used to bring about awareness about our power. When someone says "Good morning" is it really a good morning? That's a blessing, the intent is for you to have a good morning.”

It is undeniable that intent is central to the conveyed message or greeting. The question then becomes this, What is the intent behind “Chaos and Curses?” Here is what we are told,

“Peace and Blessings as well as Chaos and Curses is the giving of power, both can be powerful actually- the "curse or blessing" is within the mind of the God or Goddess that spits out those words.”

At this point we understand, the God or Goddess that “spits” out the message or greeting, is the only one that actually contains the power, within his or her mind, to create a “curse or blessing.” The recipient, at this point, has no clue, at all, of what the message or greeting is casting upon them.

Also, there is this,

“Now, those who study science already know that term "order out of chaos." As in "light out of darkness." Chaos is the Mother of the Universe and Cosmos. Chaotics- those who study and practice chaos in magick use 'Chaos" as a greeting because it acknowledges their level of understanding a reality beyond order and where true power lies.”

I find nothing here that informs the recipient of the intent of the message or greeting, or just really what is happening, nothing at all, according to what has been laid out.

But, here is what Science says about Chaos:

What is Chaos?

chaos (`keios) n. 1(Usu. cap.) The disordered formless matter
supposed to have existed before the ordered universe.
2. Complete disorder, utter confusion.
3.(Math.) Stochastic behavior occurring in a deterministic system.
Stochastic = Random.
Deterministic System = A system which is governed by exact rules
with no element of chance.
How can a system with no element of chance be random?

In a chaotic system, small errors grow exponentially with time.

The global weather system is chaotic

The Butterfly Effect

Sensitive dependence to initial conditions.
Ed Lorenz (a meteorologist at M.I.T) and his toy weather.
A system with twelve variables (a twelve dimensional phase space).
The year 1961.
A computer the size of half a room.
No long-range weather prediction - Ed Lorenz.
Simpler model in a three dimensional phase space.
“Deterministic Nonperiodic flow,” Journal of Atmospheric Sciences
20 (1963) 130.
“Predictability: Does the Flap of a Butterfly’s wings in Brazil, set
off a tornado in Texas?” Address to the annual meeting of the
AAAS, 1979.

A signature of Chaos

• Motion in a bounded region of phase space.
• An orbit eventually gets close to a point it has been at before.
• If there is no butterfly effect, the orbit will stay close to itself.
Therefore, we will have cycles and therefore have regular
behavior.
• Because of the butterfly effect, the orbit never comes close to
repeating itself.
This leads to apparently random behavior - Chaos.

The philosophy of science

• Laplacian Determinism.
• Simple rules imply simple behavior and this simple behavior is
robust.
• Complex and unpredictable behavior requires complex rules or
outcomes that depend on chance.
• Once we find all the equations that govern nature, science can
tell us the answer to everything and we can predict the future
exactly

The Chaos Revolution

• Simple rules can produce complex behavior - Chaos.
• Simple rules can produce behavior that looks random - Chaos.
• Chaotic systems are very sensitive to their initial conditions -
the Butterfly effect.
• This sensitivity puts an effective limit on our ability to predict
the behavior of chaotic systems over long periods of time.
• We should lose our philosophical prejudice that simple laws
lead to simple behavior and examine dispassionately such ideas
as a balance in nature or long-range economic planning.

Summary

• Deterministic systems can show apparently random behavior -
Chaos.
• Nonlinear systems can show a variety of dynamical behaviors
and can go form one kind of behavior to another as a
parameter is changed - bifurcations.
• Chaotic systems are extremely sensitive to small changes is the
state - the butterfly effect.
• This sensitivity leads to an effective limit to our ability to
predict the behavior of chaotic systems.
• The realization that simple systems can display chaotic
behavior has led us to reconsider the role of determinism.

chaos theory

1. chaos theory: In a scientific context, the word chaos has a slightly different meaning than it does in its general usage as a state of confusion, lacking any order. Chaos, with reference to chaos theory, refers to an apparent lack of order in a system that nevertheless obeys particular laws or rules; this understanding of chaos is synonymous with dynamical instability, a condition discovered by the physicist Henri Poincare in the early 20th century that refers to an inherent lack of predictability in some physical systems.

Since we are having a discussion on Chaos and Curses, I thought, at least for the archives, if for no other reason, that it would be good for all to truly understand the term, Chaos.

If one party desires not to participate in the use of “Chaos and Curses” as a greeting or message, then why would another party insist upon the opposite.

When I read, here is what I find:

“In truth, I wanted to instigate some form of truce between Mother Destee and the "chaotic" and occult community she is growing here. I figured that type of truce would come about moments after we got her to greet Bro Darkside with the now famous greeting "Chaos and Curses"...That would really make my year. Really. I mean I would really keel over in laughter.”

So, this really is about laughter, it is about getting her to go against her desires, and it is about a in your face admittance that she is growing a occult community, and finally, it is about making someone’s year?

Now, I have not been here long, and carry no weight at all, but this is, thank God, an open forum. And because I am relatively new here, so as not to offend anyone, no names have been mentioned, outside of those names contained in the quoted statements that are within this thread.

Also, I have advance no theories of my own, I have only cited what I have read, and understood. Unless the Scientific submission is faulty, anything else should be uncontested.

And lastly, I am a Black Person that would not like to be greeted in that fashion on Destee!

Last edited:
Um- perhaps you should ask her Bro. James. Nature tells us the more you feed something the more it grows.

Bro. Clyde Coger- I enjoyed your break down. I can't speak for the two Brothas involved in this initial "shoutbox" conversation, but I can speak for myself- since for years associates that I know personally have used the term "Chaos" as a greeting, most of you are only familiar with it now because we know Bro. Darkside uses it.

As a New Yorker living in the south I had to learn quickly about the true "intent" behind words, especially because I couldn't always understand what a person from the south was trying to tell me. I recall a situation where a Brotha walked up to me and said "what's up folk"- and because I was not familiar with that greeting it sounded as if he said "what's up fool" and I was prepared to fight him.

Had I allowed my ignorance to take ahold of me we would've fought. But I listened to his words beyond the greeting and understand that it would be impossible for his greeting to be negative.

Another case was not too long ago on a yahoo group. I believe I had a 3 week debate with a Woman that believed it was wrong for people in the group to greet using "hello fambly." She also made very strong points. She tied it into history and slavery. She said those who speak and spell in this fashion (she used bigger words) had assimilated themselves to the level of education the White race wanted us to be on, and also that Whites created that dialog in their newspaper comics to make fun of us.

It has always been my belief that the power of words are within the minds that express them. When the case against the N-Word came up, I protested that Black people should create names for themselves that reflected the qualities in themselves they want to project into reality.

Those who really "understand" Black people- and I don't mean those who commit to a false hypocritical idea of "love" - but those who really understand black folks, first and foremost know we are always looking for newer and better ways to express emotions and concepts that are embedded within us.
Do we look for way to harm those who oppose us? Yes. Of course we do. Do we create terms to attack people, degrade people, insult people? Yes. Of course we do. But such events are minorities. Overall we are misunderstood even by those that claim to love us.

Now if the central argument is that someone would use the greeting "Chaos and Curses" as a way to disrespect someone, insult them or draw power from them. That is possible. As I said, it is the "opposite" of the popular greeting "Peace and Blessings."

Is there also ill negative and slavemind buffoonery within the intent of someone that says "hello fambly.?" If you don't understand the mind of the speaker, you would think so.

Some people use the greeting "Chaos" and don't know what it means. Just as some use the term "Hotep / Emhotep" and don't know what it means. But what we do know is that those who have given us gifts of knowledge and respect have used these greetings. And this is where the concept of "intent" comes in. Don Cheadle argued the same case on Oprah about the N-word.
Some people online are offended when someone speaks in all caps. Is it there intent to offend or accentuate their statements? Again, that is within the mind of that God or Goddess.

Actual names have more power in this regard that common words. But that's another story for another thread.

hard to bond with folk who do not respect you......

Brother James ... it's not really about them respecting or bonding with me, but rather, them learning to respect our people.

If enduring (what might be considered) a little disrespect from a Sister or Brother, in an effort to encourage them to no longer disrespect their own people ... and it yields some positive result(s) ... makes a Sister or Brother think twice before wishing harm on their own, or offending their own with words ... then i think it's worth it.

I've seen it happen many times right here in this community.

Members that started out disrespectful, disruptive, defiant, all of that ... are now some of our best Members.

I'm willing to take (what might be a little disrespect), if a more aware Sister or Brother is the possible reward.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back