Black People : Wishing Chaos and Curses Upon Black People

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I saw where Brother Knowledge Seed greeted Brother KWABENA with Chaos and Curses in the shoutbox ...

[Today 12:19 AM] Knowledge Seed: Chaos and Curses KWABENA! LMAO jk

It just did me some kind of way, in my Spirit ... just reading that. My Spirit was offended.

I realize that this has a lot to do with how i define these words, how these words have been defined all throughout my life. I have no point of reference, for chaos or curse, to be good things. Maybe that's what i need, some examples of where chaos and curse improved someone's life, and/or the lives around them. If you can help me with this, please do.

But until then ... i'm just not feeling this.

I really hate having to impose what i feel, on this community. To draw a line in the sand, and say ... to my own Sisters and Brothers ... you can't do that here. I really hate it. I try to stay out of stuff, so everything can flow freely ... but ... some things i just can't handle.

I can't handle what appears to be someone wishing bad stuff on us ... any one of us.

We have enough bad stuff.

I'm really not feeling the argument that chaos and curse is a good thing, that it should be embraced.

I don't agree ... but i don't gotta agree ... 'cause there are probably a gazillion other web sites that encourage wishing chaos and curses on your own Sisters and Brothers ... that teach it is a good thing ... with or without evidence to support it ... and i'm grateful for such sites ... as they give you somewhere to spend your time, doing what you like, while allowing us to remain true to the peace and blessings we hope for every single Sister and Brother in this world.

Brother Knowledge Seed ... i know you put "jk" at the end of your post ... but to wish what could be considered harm on another ... then say ... i'm just kidding ... is foolishness.

You have done me this way too ... made some ugly remark, then said i'm just kidding ... i can't remember it all exactly, but you said something to me about this community is dead, or destee is dead, or some such carrying on ... adding jk to the end of it ... we were in the chat room. I'm sure you remember.

It's one thing for people to wish death upon us, or speak as though we are dead, or wish harm upon us ... from outside this community ... but to be right up in here with us, communing with us every day, and say such things to our face ... and add an lol or jk to the end of it ... well ... as you can see ... i can't ignore it.

I'm not accustomed to this kind of living, and can't imagine that i ever will be.

This community isn't for everything, or everybody. We have an express purpose, and it is to lift up, encourage, want the very best for all of our people.

If you have an opposite agenda ... wishing curses, chaos, and death for our people ... you're in the wrong place.

The fact that i'm posting this, speaking on it, and not simply acting ... is evidence of my effort to grow, dialogue, understand, and be open to whatever i can learn from this.

Family ... how would you feel if someone greeted you with chaos and curses?

:heart:

Destee

2. SeekingMaat

SeekingMaat Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +275
    Greetings Sister Destee. The title of your thread reminded me of something that an elder told me many years ago. The anglo-saxon salutation of "HELL O" is exactly what your title suggests. A greeting of choas and curses. Being greeted by talk of HELL, (the 'O' being the completeness of the curse). Culturally, other peoples' salutation is one of Peace ..... As to how one feels being greeting with chaos and curses, its done everyday and without any thought by many.

Words have power and Hell is indeed low .....

Just my 2 pence

Peace

3. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    a sad sign of the times, M'Lady, given how the media has so brainwashed so (too) many. i suppose some would attempt to argue that "we're just too old", but i totally agree with you ... which is why i'm generally not seen in threads featuring, or started by, ... er ... "some of our religious/"spiritual" community". don't know how to turn that around, but it's gonna have to be turned around if we are to Grow.

:grouphug:my heart goes out to you, and the rest of us who feel where you are coming from!:grouphug:

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Sister SeekingMaat ... Peace and Blessings ... :love:

Thanks for sharing! You are so right! I believe it was Brother Moorfius that first shared with me here, about "Hello" ... mentioning the same you are mentioning now, that we are actually greeting each other with HELL. It moved me so much, that i've actually begun to move away from the word ... using it less and less.

You're right Sister ... and Thanks Again for Sharing!

Destee

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Destee,

I would not like it! Whether JK was used or not, in fact, JK attached to something as pointed as the issue at hand, is a clarified reflection of the mind that used it, which is to say, youthful, or playful in front of the business that we need to be about, sorry!

6. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

I FIND THE GREETING MUCH PLEASURABLE, HE SHOULD GREET ME LIKE THAT BUT I DIGRESS. MAYBE ONE SHOULD ONLY GREET SOMEONE LIKE THAT ONLY IN THEIR LEVEL OF UNDERSTANDING, BUT KNOWLEDGE SEED MY SERPENT BROTHER AND I KNOW WHAT HIS INTENTION WAS

DARKSIDE MAGICK --- EVERYTHING COMES FROM CHAOS

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Yes Brother DARKSIDE ... i know you do, and i've even greeted you that way, or closed with that word (chaos, not curses) ... in an attempt to try and embrace it, understand it, and give you what you want ... but it is so very foreign to me ... even doing it with you, went against my own grain.

You say you knew what Brother Knowledge Seed's intent was ... and perhaps i should be asking him this ... (please respond Brother Knowledge Seed, if you're so inclined) ...

But if he was seriously wishing chaos and curses upon Brother KWABENA ... believing inside himself, that they are good things ... why was "LMAO jk" included?

Destee

8. mizjoice

mizjoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

to encourage and support
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hey Sister Destee, Peace to you. Yeah, I saw that greeting this morning, and, in defense of Bro. Knowledge Seed, I really think he was just joking around, a greeting from a brother to a brother to contrast with the greetings of Peace and Blessings.

I believe we don't believe our words to have any effect or power. Certainly no creative power. But that's a part of the internal "lie-diet" we feed ourselves. I'ma speak for myself here--my words do have power. Creative power. (and so do the words of others!)

That is why name calling is so destructive (in addition to confusing) in the community. For example, we tend to call our sons 'lil man--but then when he acts "mannish"-- where the heck did that come from? (ans:eek:ut your mouth!)
    Young folks refer to each other as fools--maybe it's just me, but where is the good in that reference?

But I digress. Talking about creative power in words: if the spiritual law is you reap what you sow--well, I ain't about to sow curses, chaos and destruction on you, because according to that law, those words are about to boomarang and hit me square in the....well, you know where! :qqb021:

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

mizjoice,

Thank you my friend for the "spiritual law" comment, mizjoice. Words are all powerful. This very world was spoken into existence, and we are made in the image of Him/Them that spoke.

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,734
    would that be the same as immature?