Black People : Wise Words from Marcus Garvey....*read*

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by nixprophet, Jul 21, 2011.

1. nixprophet

nixprophet Psalms 82:6 MEMBER

Young Black Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +357
    garveys talk on confessions of a great whiteman & leader

http://www.marcusgarvey.com/wmview.php?ArtID=558

The Following was taken from www.marcusgarvey.com from his
    LIBERTY HALL, NEW YORK, March I8, I923 Speech....

I feel like it still applies to us today and we should all reflect on what was said by this Great Leader nearly 100 years ago.... Take Heed....

"So when these ignorant Negro papers talk about doing this and doing that, you will understand that when any group of white men get together in this country and talk about doing something, you had better get busy and look out for yourselves and don't think that appeal to humanity or any appeal to their Christian conduct is going to help you: it is not going to do it.
    William Jennings Bryan is as big a Klansman as the Imperial Wizard himself, and not only Mr. Bryan but men bigger than William Jennings Bryan are deep down in the Ku Klux Klan and they are going to put over that program of white supremacy as sure as there is a God; and the only thing you can do is to get busy and get a country of your own and build up there so strong that not even hell and the Klan will be able to move you in the future. (Applause.)
    So that my message to you tonight in Liberty Hall is to pay more and serious attention to what is going on, because within another fifty, another hundred years, especially when the world returns to its normal attitude and all these different nations are able to give more attention to their own domestic affairs, you and I will be confronted with a condition in this country, economically, that will end in nothing else but disaster for those of us who will live here at that time. I want you to understand that when the time comes for the white man to carry out his program of white supremacy for the purpose of eliminating the Negro as a political, social and industrial competitor he will not have to shoot you down, he will not have to lynch you and burn you to get rid of you. The Negro problem in America is such that economically he will grind us and push us to the wall, and in the space of two or three years he will solve the Negro problem without the Negro even realizing that the problem is already solved. The white man has laid the plan of economically forcing the Negro to the wall in another few years.
    I am going back now to the bread-and-butter question. Do you know that every Negro in Liberty Hall tonight can die out by the end of this month without anybody poisoning you, without anybody putting a rope around your neck, without anybody shooting you or without anybody doing any bodily harm to you? Do you know? By starving. There is not a man in this building tonight who, if denied food for thirty days, would be able to resist death by starvation. What do I mean by that? I mean this: that we are so careless of ourselves, so careless of our future, that tonight 15,000,000 of us in America are dependent upon the white man for our daily existence, our daily sustenance and our daily bread. If the white man should say in another twenty-four hours that "I will not employ any more Negroes in my industry, on my farms or in my business," what would happen? Fifteen million Negroes would be jobless in the United States of America. And if you were kept jobless for a day or a week and rendered unable to go to the grocer to buy your provisions or to pay your rent to your landlord on the 1st or the 15th of the month and you were kept jobless for two weeks, everyone of us would have to leave our homes in Harlem and go out into the streets, unable to go to the grocer, and every one of us would be dying on the streets of New York, and I feel sure the white man would not have any objection to supplying the coffins to bury us by the hundreds, because it will be in keeping with his plan to get rid of us. Such a condition of unemployment would rid this country of 15,000,000 people just as the North American Indian was exterminated. And that was the white man's plan to get rid of the Negro problem in America up to 1913. But God Almighty sent the war and created a breach. We are still in that breach and ff the 15,000,000 Negroes of America remain without action for another five or ten years and allow this country to return to normal to carry out their pre-war program, it is only a question of fifty or 100 years more when you and I will be weeded out from
    this Western civilization."

Peace.. Peace...

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Yes sir nixprophet, (beautiful and timely post)

Brother Garvey, wow....was on it for real. We now are over 40 million strong, the only change in the numbers; all else remains the same, America is the fall before Rome, for real straight-talk.

However, while some will disagree, my optimist position is that Melanin will never cease and desist from its superior form, therefore, as a people, we will prevail. Otherwise, what awaits us is our unity...becoming comrades in arms against our common enemy and not ourselves, but for the evil self hatred perpetrated that we habor towards one another.

Peace In,

3. maf

maf On a marvelous journey. MEMBER

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +72
    This is why I will working on my farming and survival skills in the near future. This is also the case government ever collapses, then you have well over 200 million trying to get to the resources of the privileged few. But definitely in the scheme of things the masses will turn on black people first then themselves. Thanks for the wake up nixprophet.

4. nixprophet

Young Black Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +357
    I thank you brothers for listening... Regardless of our differences I feel the need for black people to offer AID AND ASSISTANCE(the type determined by the individuals individual capabilities circumstances ) on the simple virtue of Blackness.... Im not falsely expecting everybody to become friends or family overnight but for us as a people to come together so that we may EXIST IN PEACE... We can handle the white man once we can do for our self...

Peace.. Peace..

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075

.......Welcome to Destee.com maf, and if I've said this to you before, kindly disregard, lol...also, big props for becoming a Premium Member, for real straight-talk.

This post is no different than the other insightful ones I've read, right on point my friend, on point.

Peace In,

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075

.......Okay brother nixprophet, congratulations to you too on becoming a Premium Member in support of the best site on the Internet, especially for our people.

You speak truth to power brother and our unity is inevitable, really; lol, we just don't know it yet, but its coming my man. In fact, its the last frontier and when it happens, bingo, game over.

Peace In,

7. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    But when do we feel it?

This man had us more united Pan Africanly and in four languages, across the planet;
    without television
    cable
    internet
    facebook
    twitter
    myspace
    youtube
    or text messages

His imperative was that weembrace Black Nationalism the way we embrace or significant other and children
    to the conbined honor and bnefi of our ancestors an descendants

So now with a trillion dollars and technology, that he andthose that encouraged us to PLAN
    after him,
    like Elijah Muhammed
    Ron Karenga
    Carlos Cooks
    Dr Amos Wilson
    and Dr Claude Anderson

when do we take this to heed now at a time with all of these cuts and bold face jim crow
    andwth technology for networking that most of the above nevr had?

8. nixprophet

Young Black Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +357
    Brother that's my whole point and I honestly got nothing but love and respect for you for even bringing it to the table how you just did...

Peace.. Peace

9. nixprophet

Young Black Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +357
    Peace.. Peace..