Black People : Wis. parents who prayed as diabetic daughter died charged

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by KWABENA, Apr 29, 2008.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
  2. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Obama said it

rural America clings to religion and guns... I'm paraphrasing here, but it seems to be true doesn't it?

3. godsmantru

godsmantru Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    People beleive what they have been taught by others, for the most part. The New Testament is full of references by Christ that there will be no Miracles (that God would use for his Glory) in the last days. Yet people follow teachers and pastors that perform these so called miricles and this is what happens. Not saying that spiritual miricles themselves dont happen, though. I wonder how many talk shows these people would have went on if she had been healed.

4. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Faith Puts a Stop Payment on your Reality Check

Faith doesn't have to work. If you can convince yourself that your faith is being tested it will prove itself over and over to be false but you will never see this.

Of course the writers of the Bible had esus say there will be no miracles in these days. I find it interesting that the only miracles are the ones we read about but excuses are made for why we never see them.

There are spiritual forces that make themselves known. Intelligent and compassionate energies that watch over us. They do not work by faith or by the name of Jesus. Once I was a Christian and now I am not but I see no difference in the presence of these guardians of life.

5. Yardlee

Yardlee Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    The parents should have sought medical help immediately. I often wondered if there were still people who believed today that if they are someone that they love came under an illness of some sort, would they simply dismiss it as "some spiritual attack" and try to "pray it away". Well, I guess I got my answer.

There is nothing wrong with having faith but about using common sense some of the time?

6. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    In some way I do not know what to say

Well Maybe they could have done something within the home....if they didnt want to rely on a doctor, because they knew GOD was the key.....They could have STILL tried......They could have found some remedies(it was diabeties, so just about anything could have probably worked) The test from GOD may have been their stength.....their strength in Him was VERY strong...But what of their PERSONAL faith, in themselves? They threw her up there and said "here".....He said "Glad To Have You My Child"
    This world is too LAW based. Claiming everyday everywhere we go that "In GOD We Trust" But for these people maybe they trust too much(Darn! There goes that sarcasm again...:rolleyes:)

What is WAAY too ironic is, I was having a some what In-Depth debate with this Caucasian Young Kid at my place of undercompensated work.Basically....First off he tells me that he believes this is Hell and there is no Heave.....THis is it...and there is nothing:em0400:
    But once we begin speaking about everything within Biblic stories and Catholism....All I really can hear are the Rebellious rebuttals

And it is not like I do not know NOW, that the reason he does not believe in GOD or Spirit, IS because of the kind of False Religions. America has put this GRAND IDEA in peoples head that this earth is Hell.....Oh MYY! Is that NOT the most Cursing thing a person can Put into someones mind......And WHAT about the Persons Mind! Will they NOT **** themselves Everyday...thinking Well..."Hey f-word it", ?

He was criticizing, disrspecting and just making a fool of HIMSELF with all the Disresptect he brought to GOD(is WAS bad....I was getting MAD......at times:D:hearts2:) He kinda acted like a spoiled child that doesnt get what he want so he takes it out on the parent.....which is WRONG
    He went as far to sa that Mary was Promiscuous(in a friendly word)
    These false teachings to Young children affect EVERYONE not just the Child Not just the Family, not JUST friends.....Everyone.....

What I DO NOT see, is anone thinking about it, or worrying if that day of reckoning will com.....Asking GOD not to foresake Us is fine......But Foresaking Him in return?

If we are brain washed as african Americans?........How far do you BELIEVE it REALLY goes? Are you WILLING to find the truth?

:luvu:

7. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209

Faith Puts a Stop Payment on your Reality Check

I am digging that line.
    Thanx for sharing one.
    :em3200:

peace