Black Spirituality Religion : Winter Solstice: Preparation

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by KMTSista, Dec 9, 2009.

1. KMTSista

KMTSista Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +259
    We are embarking upon the most important time of the year; Winter Solstice

Our spirits are most receptive during this time.

In Ausar Auset Society we observe December 20-24, however some say its the 21-24.

During that time is when we fast, meditate, perform rituals heavily and go into silence.

This Solstice we will be in the cycle of Sebek, which are our communication and logic faculties.

If you are not part of the Ausar Auset society but would like to observe Winter Solstice, here are a few tips for you:

Purchase:

White Clothing
    White candles (tea lights, 3 or 7 day) (for Sebek, yellow)
    Florida Water
    Cascorillia
    Incense (good purification ones are Myrrh, Frankincense, Sage, Hyssop, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Marjoram, Basil etc.)
    Herbs: Basil, Sage, Black Sesame Seeds
    A clear white bowl or plant to pour libation
    A white cloth
    Ancestor Shrine: Pictures of your ancestors (those who transitioned in truth) - Make sure your ancestor shrine is energized, set up and acknowledged with a plate (cracked preferably) for food offering, cigar, white candle, items that were attached to your ancestor, cup for coffee, kola nuts

Purify every corner of your home to cleanse and clear dark deceased and negative energies.

This can be done in whichever way you choose. Some burn incense, rub sage, burn black sesame seeds and throw it in each corner.

When people enter your home, its best to take off their shoes, and when they leave, cleanse the area again, as we can't control other people's energies, but can cleanse what they left behind.

I personally go into silence and have very little communication for those three to four days, but living in this world where we have to work, or have a house full it can be difficult.

Fast from toxins and other things such as; alcohol, smoking, sex, processed foods (eat as vegan and organic and possible), spending money (unless absolutely necessary).

This is a very good time to work on resentments and other parts of ourselves that we have difficulties with.

When pouring libation, (Kemetic – Enen Neter Eta Em Khepera Aungh) begin by giving honor to the highest divinities; whomever you choose to call it by name.

We say Anetch Hrak! Amen (God)! Eta Em in Ausar! Tua En Aungh, Tehuti, Sekhert, Maat, etc, then we give honor to those ancestors we know by name (Shepsu), then give honor to those not known by name (Shepsu).

This is a time of purification, prayer, meditation and truisms is very heavy.

Also, if you are in an area where a shrine is located, have a winter solstice reading done.

Sistren, be mindful if you are on your menses. If you attend a ritual/meditation, please adhere to the rules of the shrine.

Any questions, hit me up………..

2. 44Reasons

44Reasons Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    I am not doing the solstice this year cause I am not prepared for it but I am building up for next year, lots of Qlippothic magic and Voudon. I just love the dark month's but I will take some of the things you say into consideration and upload it to my primary hard-drive.

3. ShemsuAqa

ShemsuAqa Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    Hetep KMTSista!

I wanted to go into the school and pick up some supplies for the solstice. But I wasn't sure if the religious store is still open to the public. Since they moved locations, I haven't been able to go to the new site. I bumped heads with a sista from the society and she explained to me that everything is done on-line. So I went on-line to try and purchase some products, and if you are not a member, you can't purchase anything. I do miss classes, I miss SUS lectures, but I need my oils, and incense for purification the most. I have all his books, I'm just missing the new Metu Neter 3 and Heru, resurrection.

If you can help me out with some info.
    Shemsuaqa

4. Reniassance Man

Reniassance Man Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    KmetSista

Hey i have a question for you. Is it necessary to pour libations into a plant because ive just been pouring them on the floor and that floor has carpet.

5. KMTSista

Ratings:
    +259
    Yeah they're trying to get people online to taui enterprises website. Which website did you go to? Was it this one http://www.taui.biz/default.aspx

I haven't had any problems purchasing CD's on the site.

Also where are you located? I'm assuming the DC area (you know I'm slow so bare with a sista LOL!!)

6. KMTSista

Ratings:
    +259

ok, hold up LOL don't pour it on your floor LOL :SuN049:

No you don't need a plant, you can use a clear bowl.

7. Reniassance Man

Ratings:
    +31
    LOL HAHAAH. Maan all this time. ok anyway. Now i know what to do.
    now after i pour libations in a bowl do i just pour it in a sink or outside or what?

8. KMTSista

Ratings:
    +259
    Well considering its cold now, you can dispose of it in the toilet. If I do this, I usually chant the Ausar or Amen hekau

Or you can take it outside and pour it into the soil. It all depends what your spirit tells you to do because its all about the acknowledgment that's important, so it doesn't have to be perfect, but I wouldn't pour it on your "flo" LMAO!

Please tell me you don't live in an apartment? LMAO

But hey, at least the ancestors know you are sincere. A brotha pouring it on his floor is truly dedicated lol

:SuN049:

9. Reniassance Man

Ratings:
    +31
    :em2300:LOL HAHAHA. I am still at home(parents) But from now on i will make sure i will use a bowl. Although i do like the idea of a plant. I think i have some random seeds laying around.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winter solstice preparation

2. kemetic winter solstice celebration

3. kemetic sage burning chant