Black Sports : Winky Wright V. Felix Trinidad..What it do?

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by MississippiRed, Apr 19, 2005.

1. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Man this is gonna be a good one...I'm taking Winky Wright to beat Tito.As long as Winky comes in with his head screwed on right and throws like normal and moves good Tito can't handle him..Tito's better but still not hard to hit and Wink throws a lot of punches with decent power from bell 1 till the last one...plus Tito hasn't shown me that he can catch up with a fighter that moves a lot and is hard to hit...

MississippiRed

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    May 14th...can't wait!

This is going to be a fantastic fight! I am going with Trinindad on this one though. Winky is a good boxer, but he stays in front of his opponents. Although Winky has great defense, I think Trinidad's power will eventually get to him.

3. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I was wondering where you were brother....we'll see man we'll see it's going to be a good one no matter what happens I think this may be the first time we've choosen different fighters....interesting...I may have to watch some of Wink's old fights and see if I'm making a mistake..lol..

MississippiRed

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I concur :wink: I think Tito will get him. From what I've seen, Winky Wright doesn't have the power to hurt Trinidad, and I don't think he'll be able to go the distance with Trinidad's power. Trinidad will land shots, it's going to depend on how Winky Wright reacts to being hit by Tito, even though he has good defense. I think the only way Winky Wright can win is to outscore Trinidad and last until the end, because I don't think he'll knock Tito out.

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Felix Trinidad is very beatable (as both Bernard Hopkins & Oscar Dela Hoya demonstrated)! However to beat Trinidad you have to either have the power to keep him off you, or you have to be a good mover. I don't think Winky has either one of these traits, and I've been watching him for years. I think Winky might frustrate Trinidad for a few rounds, but eventually Tito will wear him down.

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    i agree this will be a showtime feasta .....
    Trinidad is too good and powerful he will win this one .

7. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    This could possibly be the best fight of the year.
    Trinidad seems to be a better fight seems coming out of retirement, but I believe that Wright's defense will keep from getting hurt by Tito and his ring generalship will help him to win by decision over Trinidad. I think people keep making the mistake of underrating Winky because he is not a big name,but he sure did beat all the sugar out of Shane Mosley twice.

8. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I actually picked Winky to beat Shane (both times), and have been watching him his entire career. I definately am not underestimating him. Although Winky has good defense, he stands in front of his opponents, this is not what people should do with Trinidad. Trinidad has trouble with boxers...people who move around the ring. This in not Winky's style of boxing. Winky covers his face, and picks off shots with his gloves. I see Trinidad punching Winky's arms and hitting under his elbows all night, which will eventually bring Winky's hands down. Winky can also be over whelmed by large volume punchers, which Trinidad is against a immobile opponent. The only way I think Winky can win is to change his style. Either way, I'm looking forward to this fight!

9. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    Another reason I think Winky will win is because he is a natural middleweight while Trinidad is really a natural welterweight and I dont believe he has the same power at the higher weight which is part of the reason why he was so easily beaten by Hopkins.

10. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    I picked Winky to beat Mosley too partly because I thought Shane was overrated.
    Another reason I think Winky will beat Tito is because he is a natural middleweight while Trinidad is really a natural welterweight and I dont believe he has the same power at the higher weight which is part of the reason why he was so easily beaten by Hopkins.