Black Spirituality Religion : Will the True Creator Please Stand Up?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Oct 24, 2013.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Some folks in my family are Christians. Some are Muslims. Both sides would have me believe theirs is the one true way to heaven. The Christians tell me if I don’t believe Jesus is God, I will go to hell. The Muslims tell me if I do believe Jesus is God, I will go to hell. So whatever I choose to believe or not believe, I run the risk of offending someone’s God. It all boils down to what I will have to account for to the Real Creator after I die. Let’s assume that I really will have to give an account, not for what I’ve done in life, but for what I believed.
    If I were a Christian, I’d have to stand before the Creator and explain why I believed a book that said he created the grass and the trees before he created the sun and the moon. Read Genesis 1. The grass and trees were created on the third day, while the sun and moon were created on the fourth day. Then he hung the sun and the moon right here in the Earth’s atmosphere (within the firmament). Will I really find favor with the Creator by believing in stuff I know is not true?
    If I were a Muslim, I’d have to stand before the Creator and explain why I believed in a deity who can’t make up his mind if he created the earth in six days (7:54) or two (41:9). Granted, that was 4 billion years ago, so I can understand if Allah just forgot. What explanation could I give?
    We have known for over 500 years that the biblical and quranic creation stories bear not the slightest resemblance to the universe around us. Yet there is a Creator. No one knows what will happen when/if the Creator makes his entrance, but like the saying goes, when the author walks onto the stage, the play is over. If the Creator steps onto the scene then Allah and Yahweh and Jehovah and all these other low level regional managers running around calling themselves gods are going to have a lot of explaining to do. Their religions have oppressed our minds and stifled our understanding of the ALL.
    Me, I am an African. I won‘t get caught up in the co-belligerent squabble between the Abrahamic religions. Most of us came to America from West Africa where Olodumare is the name given to the Creator God. Olodumare is my concept of my Creator. As a human, I can’t focus on that which I cannot conceptualize. Though I know that the Creator is greater than any concept I may have, it’s just like when a look at the stars at nigh. I can’t count all of them, but I can count the ones I see. What I see of my Creator is what was given to me to focus on. I don‘t pretend that he is the one true God and that the stars which others see are false. No one has died in the name of Olodumare. The Orisha have not called us to Jihad. Eshu has no martyrs. Before Moses and before Muhammad was Iwa Pele. If I follow it, I won’t go wrong by any truly just and loving God.

2. LMagere

LMagere Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +77

You bring up some interesting ideas and I would like to know more about some of them.

How do you know there is a creator, what is the concept of Olodumare, and is this a god only for West Africans? They were a myriad of gods before Islam and Christianity not only in Africa but around the world. What makes your god the right god or proves your god even exists?

3. CosmicMessenger

CosmicMessenger Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    Those who have been in the PRESENCE of the HEAVENLY FATHER KNOW that He exists!

Those who have talked with an ANGEL have SEEN THE LIGHT!

4. LMagere

Ratings:
    +77
    Those who have been in the PRESENCE of an ALIEN KNOW that He exists!

Those who have talked with a FAIRY have SEEN THE LIGHT!

The question is seen where, and talked with whom where, in the mind or in reality? If it’s in the mind well then it’s a personal thing or medical condition. If it’s in reality they must be a way to prove it.

5. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    Not really....

Can an ant prove the existence of black holes in the universe?

Even moreso, man is incapable of proving the existence of God.

6. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    The universe is 99.9 percent NOTHINGNESS.

What "reality" are you TALKING about???

7. LMagere

Ratings:
    +77

The world we both live in is my reality. Keep in mind that if the world is not a reality how is it you come to know that 99.9 percent of the universes is nothingness? And while you are at it define NOTHINGNESS.

8. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    nothingness
    n
    1. the state or condition of being nothing; nonexistence
    2. absence of consciousness or life
    3. complete insignificance or worthlessness
    4. something that is worthless or insignificant
    [​IMG]

The world is a "temporary reality" but what is REAL is the EVERLASTING ALMIGHTY GOD!

Long after the TEMPORARY ILLUSION of HEAVEN and EARTH have FADED the ALMIGHTY GOD in His KINGDOM SHALL REIGN!!!!

[​IMG]

9. LMagere

Ratings:
    +77

So which one of these definitions if any do you use when you propose that 99.9 percent of the universe in nothing? 1,2,3 or 4?

1. Are you saying 99.9 percent of the universe is nonexistent?
    2. Or 99.9 percent of the universe is absence of life?

3 and 4. The universe is insignificant and worthless?

10. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/20-things-you-didnt-know-about-nothing#.UmnifvmmipY

20 Things You Didn't Know About... Nothing

There's more there than you think.

By LeeAundra Temescu|Tuesday, June 05, 2007
    1 There is vastly more nothing than something. Roughly 74 percent of the universe is “nothing,” or what physicists call dark energy; 22 percent is dark matter, particles we cannot see. Only 4 percent is baryonic matter, the stuff we call something.

2 And even something is mostly nothing. Atoms overwhelmingly consist of empty space. Matter’s solidity is an illusion caused by the electric fields created by subatomic particles.