Black Relationships : Will tha REAL black man please stand up?

Right here you looking at one in me ! I'm as real and as good
We are spreaded about and around there are many good strong spiriturally black men
our image seem poor by and through the amerikkan media eye in this society we in today
we have brought inside our homes termoil and destruction and we also deal with the
truth of so many of our sisters over look us but we facing ourselves finding solutions
and love /good morals and respect within
Black men within this family to our reality is as good as they come
LQQK around wit ya eyes wide open and you will see many of us standing around waving !
I agree street so'ja sums it up well for me i couldn't have said it any better and that's
truth and realism .

Looking fo a good black man ...then here i am...lol

i used to ask myself "where are all the good sisters at?" all the time, until I realized something one day(don't know if I mentioned this on here b4 or not, so forgive me if I'm repeating myself).......The majority of relationships when dating turn out to be crappy in the end. Whether it be a nasty split or a good one, chances are whenever you meet somebody new there is a 99% chance that it isn't going to work out. I see it as a positive, because that's what makes that special one so special..........i know that sounded a tad corny at the end, but oh well.....

To be farely Honest with you all, my brothas and sistas, we as black women have to ask our selves, what are we doing to contribute to brothas that do us wrong? No man can do to you what you don't allow him to do unless he has a gun to your head or is using physical force. Other than that, we can not blame black men for doing to us what we have helped accustom them to do to us.

Come on sistas, we spoil our men, we allow them to play games with us. We don't let them know that we are not playing with them until it is to late.

We are the mothers, the first women in their lives and their experience with us plants the seed for how they will treat the women they have relationships with.

It takes two, it is not just the black man, it is us black women as well.

Don't get mad because if we want a solution to the problem, let's keep it all the way real and if the shoe fits wear it.

You speak the truth Astrologer... But how do we start to turn this ship around? I feel as if the image of entertainment ( videos, magazines, internet, etc ) has so much force in our community, it's as if men think that this is a real way of life. And somehow, some woman have accepted it. I guess what I would like to know is....where did the RESPECT between black men and woman go?

on the one hand, they say that they are the head of the household and that they lay down the law.

but on the other, they'll acknowledge the fact that there are too many households run by single mothers by saying that any problems in the family are due to the way that women raise boys.

but where are the out front national programs that teach young boys and girls how a man is suppose to act with regard to sticking around and raising children right?

does the "fault" fall on both, neither or one or t'other?

frankly, the "blame game" needs to die while both of us get together and spell out just what it is that would make it all work right.

Yes, [an]African, I definitly agree with what you are saying. For starters, sista's need to be more conscientious with whom they invite into their bedrooms. I mean, lets be real about it. Even Astrologer made this point, that we allow certain things to take place. You knew before you laid down with him, that he was no good. And for those who did not, than my heart is with them. But it is very hard for a woman to train a man to be A man, when she is working two jobs, and has inner turmoil of her own. It's almost as if having no father is an initiation, to being black in America. And I kno I make a bold statement here...

Right here you looking at one in me ! I'm as real and as good
We are spreaded about and around there are many good strong spiriturally black men
our image seem poor by and through the amerikkan media eye in this society we in today
we have brought inside our homes termoil and destruction and we also deal with the
truth of so many of our sisters over look us but we facing ourselves finding solutions
and love /good morals and respect within
Black men within this family to our reality is as good as they come
LQQK around wit ya eyes wide open and you will see many of us standing around waving !
I agree street so'ja sums it up well for me i couldn't have said it any better and that's
truth and realism .

Looking fo a good black man ...then here i am...lol

Hey rich...I dont think you meant the lol...LOL.

But I agree, that their are wonderful black men out here, but we just need to make their presence more known...what can we do? I wish we could create a campaign of some sort, bring this issue out of the shadows.... air commercials, have page displays in magazines, create a billboard, send out newsletters...stir up some noise! Instead we just sit on. We Get on this merry go around and talk about it, and get off when the ride is over. We need a black man...some black men AND women to get out there and make some noise. Let America know, that we refuse to keep playing into this, and that we are planning to do something ABOUT it.
LET THEM KNOW We are planning to revamp the image of blacks, and we are not waiting around for white america to do it for us.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back