Black Relationships : Will tha REAL black man please stand up?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by sweet apple*pie, Oct 26, 2008.

1. sweet apple*pie

sweet apple*pie Well-Known Member MEMBER

I am a student, and all though it is hardwork, it
    Ratings:
    +30
    Sigh....

I dont even know where I am going with this thread... I just want a real brotha man out here, to identify himself...I mean, do I need to break out a black light to see him or somethin'?

Sigh again....

Why is it that the image of our black men, is SO POOR in this country? I mean, I ask myself this question...and I certainly dont mean to offend tha intelligent brothas here on destee.

Maybe I need a Destee Man in my life, ya think?

I mean, WHAT is going on with our black relationships? WHY are they filled with such DRAMA....WHY are our black men, looked down upon and WHAT can we do about it?

and please...if you disagree with this thread, then keep it movin, cas I aint tryin to hear it. I live in REALITY.

2. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +162
    Moving right along :D

3. sweet apple*pie

Ratings:
    +30
    awww queenie...dont be like that.....<sad face>

I speak only the truth....gosh, if your response is whats to come....than I betta watch out!!

:bam:

4. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    how much more realer can i be

:thinking: and DESTEE has alot of real men except for well i'll leave that alone

you know this country doesn't promote positive black men unless he's

sucking on the status quo, meaning don't announce you're blackness you know

stay quiet.

you know how we got here to this place in time, it's a long story with a million

angles but in the meantime i'm standing up, i'm real & don't get 2 ****s what

anybody thinks about it

the drama is both sides

because both sides (man & women) are suffering inside (with their inner being) no spiritual foundation

so when you approach things like a fish out of water, you get fishy results and you start gasping for air

feel me

5. sweet apple*pie

Ratings:
    +30
    I appreciate your positve feedback on this brotha Street...

You are right...I just wonder to myself....it seems like the black man ( and woman) has been down soooo long.....when will it be our time to really shine?

It's almost as if, I wish we could call a world meeting of our family, and talk about these things...

but sigh...I know it would be chaos.

I just wish we had more positive black men, in our everyday lives...for all the sons and all the daughters....for all the woman who have been waiting to love them...

I may have to think of a flo for this...

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    introspection.......

:SuN034:i am a real black man. actually we all are....and you do not like me

7. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    Yes, Ma'am.

too many of our children are too caught up in the media blitz that has programmed this entire planet to see us as something that we aren't. it is so bad that we come with that flow as well. we have to work on that. brother has launched a tv station; send him some ideas for programming. i'd like to see him tackle "The PMS: Attorneys at Law". i think it would present another perspective of Africans born, bred and twisted in/by america. (too bad; did she pull her pics?) (oh!! do you know poecticmanifesta by any chance; she's also from/near richmond.)

too many of us display all the symptoms of having been raised in a "single parent" household. this seems to be reflected a lot by the way we view what is supposed to be a "black man". frankly, what with the way that our families have been so trashed by so very many aspects of this "society", we really have a very warped understanding: more than a mere "bread winner", more than just a "protector", more than just a "teacher". consider, especially, "DADDY, INC."

that dratted media!! now it's got us calling each other by that blasted n-word like it is some "badge of honor", and cursing our mothers and all sorts of disgusting things. a concerted effort by African Men needs to address this mess; i would have thought that the "brothers only online class" would have been a perfect venue for figuring out what our actual roles should be and some steps to achieve some sort of regional/national/global project to demonstrate/express those values that seem to have been lost/beaten out of us. sadly, i can't do videochat on this old hardware, and i don't play the supremelunacy game of "economics" anymore, so can't buy new hardware. (stepping away from that mess is gonna be really hard in that we'd have to give up so much "comfort" and "convenience".)

most importantly, i think, he'll stand up when he remembers that he is an African Man as he was before this programming into "an american black man[slave]" began.

btw; that "world meeting of our family to discuss these things" began about 10 or so years ago when an African Woman built an internet forum just for us!!
    :bowdown: Blessing Be Unto You, SisterQueenMother Destee!! :bowdown:

8. sweet apple*pie

Ratings:
    +30
    Brotha James...I do you like you family. I appreciate your thoughts, I just sometimes think that perhaps you could use some tact in some of the truth you speak.....truce?

African,

Yes brother, I am glad you are standing up! And I appreciate that. I admire your train of thought as well. You are right. If men would just take the time to realize that they are African Kings, and not this garbage that America is pimping them on, than maybe we could have some real order around this camp,lol. And maybe, just maybe I could find my king,lol :love:

Hey! The world is pimping women on insecurities for profit, and pimping black men in the music industry for profit. YOU know...I just had a dauntiing thought.. The MAN pretends to let us be in control....while he sits back, and rakes in the dough... Almost like a reverse psychology. "Eh, let em' keep thinking that their running the show" says the Powerful executives...."stupid negro" he mutters under his breath....

And yes my friend, DESTEE is our world organization!! I like that!

9. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i am a scorpio....we don't do tact

ok :grouphug: i'll try...

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    FWIW

in philly, those cultural and spiritual gatherings that i attend are routinely dominated by men. there are very few females who come.
    there are brothers of various sizes shapes and background trying to get it together in philly.

i don't know about other parts of the country but where i am a conscious female of breeding age who is available is a miracle.
    i, for one, no longer even think about women. to ask where the men are kind of boggles my mind.
    where i live they are all over. had your eyes checked lately?