Black Entertainment : Will Smith Talks 'Concussion,' Living a Dream, Being More Than a Movie Star, Political Ambitions, Mo

Oh yes, I think he is too, and I'm shaking my head. These Movie Stars...the first thing that comes to my mind is Ronald Reagan and then, Arnold.

I didn't eve know the movie was released yet...

'Concussion' Adds to Will Smith's Growing List of Recent Box Office Disappointments. What's Going On?

"Concussion" is on track to become maybe Will Smith's weakest box office performer (films in which he's the star specifically). The film has been in theaters for almost 3 weeks, and has grossed just under $31 million as of this weekend. It holds the title of the lowest box office opening weekend for any Will Smith movie (again, films he's specifically the star of), with $10.5 million. You'd have to go back to 1993 to "Six Degrees of Separation" which opened with just $53,000, although it should be noted that the film debuted on just 2 screens nationwide, while "Concussion" opened on over 2800 screens - more than a significant difference.

At this rate, I seriously doubt that "Concussion" will gross anywhere near $100 million. Reviews have been ok, so it's not that it's a bad movie. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get through it without chuckling almost every time Will Smith spoke with his "Nigerian accent" and put on the kind of earnestness on his face that screams, "I'm a serious actor; this is a serious scene; I want that Oscar." I just didn't *believe* his performance, and ultimately wished he'd cast someone else in the lead role, and played a supporting character. But the film's Rotten Tomatoes score is at a decent 62%, with the consensus stating: "'Concussion' lands a solid, well-acted hit on its impressively timely subject matter, even if its traditional sports drama structure is a little too safe to deserve a full-on dance in the end zone."

Read more

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowan...ffice-disappointments-whats-going-on-20160111

'Concussion' Adds to Will Smith's Growing List of Recent Box Office Disappointments. What's Going On?

"Concussion" is on track to become maybe Will Smith's weakest box office performer (films in which he's the star specifically). The film has been in theaters for almost 3 weeks, and has grossed just under $31 million as of this weekend. It holds the title of the lowest box office opening weekend for any Will Smith movie (again, films he's specifically the star of), with $10.5 million. You'd have to go back to 1993 to "Six Degrees of Separation" which opened with just $53,000, although it should be noted that the film debuted on just 2 screens nationwide, while "Concussion" opened on over 2800 screens - more than a significant difference.

At this rate, I seriously doubt that "Concussion" will gross anywhere near $100 million. Reviews have been ok, so it's not that it's a bad movie. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get through it without chuckling almost every time Will Smith spoke with his "Nigerian accent" and put on the kind of earnestness on his face that screams, "I'm a serious actor; this is a serious scene; I want that Oscar." I just didn't *believe* his performance, and ultimately wished he'd cast someone else in the lead role, and played a supporting character. But the film's Rotten Tomatoes score is at a decent 62%, with the consensus stating: "'Concussion' lands a solid, well-acted hit on its impressively timely subject matter, even if its traditional sports drama structure is a little too safe to deserve a full-on dance in the end zone."

Read more

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowan...ffice-disappointments-whats-going-on-20160111

Thank you for your review! Now, I will plan to go see it.

yes, I do hear that some people are not happy that he is not getting a lot of attention for his role, and I heard the trailers, and he just doesn't sound like a Nigerian to me either.

Read more

I saw the movie. It was really good and I encourage people to go see it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back