Black Spirituality Religion : will of GOD?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Music Producer, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    Who believes the Old Testaments presents to us humans the true will of GOD?

In my studies I have often asked myself this question and would like the opinion of others.

2. Prizefighter16

Prizefighter16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    I know that when i have read the OT, i have been confused as to which identity of God to associate myself with, the forgiving one, or the wrathful one. Sometimes i question how God could in fact act one way, and in another form be so merciful. Then i take into account that most of the things in the OT were not fair, i.e, David kills Uriah, Job loses family, Lot's wife, etc. Im not skeptical by all of this, but i like to see God as recent as possible, and that is from the teachings of the New Testament. I can really associate myself with that book, and i view God in a more comfortable way.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    i don't believe the true will of God can be fully captured in any text written by man

:heart:

Destee

ps ... Hello and Welcome Prizefighter16 ... :wave:

4. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Both the old testament and the new testament show forth the will of the Father for those who were not there to see it with carnal eyes.

People like to split His Way between the two, but He is not split; He is One.