Black People : Will it take our babies to show us the way?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by kemetkind, Oct 12, 2007.

1. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
  2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace!

kemetkind,

First, I must congratulate you for filling a much needed void; your spice for life ads much flavor to ongoing discussions, true academics is two-sided.

Secondly, thanks for providing this video. The seven (7) year old does represent “tomorrow’s child.” But, what I enjoyed most was the re-visit of the days (yesterday’s child) of Malcolm X, which brings me to this:

Over in the “Cross” Thread, I attempted to ascertain through Goddess Auset333 the ancestral view of Malcolm’s changed philosophy: http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=490242&postcount=728

As far as I know, discussion pertaining to Malcolm’s OAAU, is not currently debated here at Destee.com. Out of genuine respect for your assertiveness and knowledge, what would be your position on that “changed philosophy” of El Hajj Malik el Shabazz?

Please leave your response in the “Cross” Thread, since this is not solicitation for back and forth dialogue, unless it naturally develops.

Thank you in advance and peace brother kemetkind!

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    min. shabazz had a lot of things right. he also had a few wrong. mecca is not in africa.
    blackman following an arab is just as counter productive as blackman following a jew.

blackman needs to deal with his own story.

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Sankofa, Peace and Focus!

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=488034&postcount=10

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Sankofa, Peace and Focus!

Brother James,

What was the "middle east" known as for centuries prior to 1850?
    As I asked kemetkind, so ask I you, please refer your reply to the "Cross Thread," thanks!

6. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Thank you brother Clyde. But please don't refer to me as "forum moderator", as I post in the threads 99% of the time as a member who enjoys dialogue.

I've thought about your question the last couple days and I don't really have a position on malcolm's supposed shift in ideology post-hajj.

Some say this supposed shift was overstated by haley and did not match up with malcolm's true beliefs (white people still could not join OAAU).

Some say brother malcolm himself was disingenious with some of what he did say, as they find it difficult to believe a brother as brilliant and well-studied as malcolm had no prior knowledge of european blue-eyed muslims...especially since others in the NOI had been to mecca prior to malcolm.

Either way, it is obvious malcolm is made palatable to the some with this version of his post-mecca philosophy, so it is clear why some persist in emphasizing it whenever malcom X is discussed.

I do not have enough facts to know one way or the other about the authenticity of his shift.

I respect and agree with his post-hajj statements on judging individuals as opposed to entire "races", and with his statements on the oneness of god and thus the oneness of man.

However, many of his speeches given in 1964 AFTER he made the hajj in April express the same ideals I admired of pre-hajj Malcolm.

On Self-help

The Afro-American community must accept the responsibility for regaining our people who have lost their place in society. We must declare an all-out war on organized crime in our community; a vice that is controlled by policemen who accept bribes and graft must be exposed. We must establish a clinic, whereby one can get aid and cure for drug addiction...We must create meaningful, creative, useful activities for those who were led astray down the avenues of vice. The people of the Afro-American community must be prepared to help each other in all ways possible; we must establish a place where unwed mothers can get help and advice. We must set up a guardian system that will help our youth who get into trouble...We must be a good example to our children and must teach them to always be ready to accept the responsibilities that are necessary for building good communities and nations. From a speech delivered at the founding rally for the Organization for Afro-American Unity, June 28, 1964

On Racial Pride

...A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself. From OAAU founding rally speech, June, 28, 1964

Peace Brother Clyde.

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Kemetkind,

Thank you for the comprehensive response and for the reminder that proper protocol is not always necessary among brethren.

Unless told otherwise, the reply will be linked into the “Cross Thread.”

Peace!

8. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Oh my!....Now, THAT was whatcha call "Bringing the heat!"

I'm so proud of him!...for his oratory skills in the fervor of the message.

Pre or Post Hajj, Malcolm's words relayed through a future Black man still ring true.

Thank you, Brother Kemetkind for sharing this!