Black Positive People : Will.i.am Helps Kids Build Robots

Discussion in 'Black People Doing Positive Things' started by HODEE, Feb 7, 2014.

1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795

With a commitment to inspire kids to stay in school and go to college to become the leaders and job creators of tomorrow, will.i.am advocates regarding the importance and power of a good education through the i.am angel foundation. The i.am scholarship provides future leaders and innovators with comprehensive financial assistance to complete post-secondary education.
    The i.am.angel Foundation operates i.am.STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math), an elementary and middle school initiative to provide underserved students with learning and interaction opportunities beyond the classroom in collaboration with Discovery Education. In addition, the i.am angel foundation is also active in the U.K. through a STEM education and computer skills joint initiative with The Prince’s Trust.

Check out and start one of the other applicable programs.

Features

• A 501(c)3 organization is organized for an IRS-defined tax exempt purpose such as educational, charitable, religious, scientific, literary, public safety, amateur sports competitions and prevention of cruelty to animals.
    Types

• 501(c)3 organizations can be categorized as one of five different types: private foundations, publicly-supported charities, exempt purpose activity-supported charities, supporting organizations for 509(a)1 or 509(a)2 charities, or public safety charities.
    Requirements

• To obtain 501(c)3 status, an organization must exist for an approved exempt purpose and none of its proceeds may benefit any private shareholder or individual.
    Benefits

• 501(c)3 organizations do not have to pay tax on earnings, meaning more of their proceeds can benefit the group's particular cause.
    Considerations

• Organizations with 501(c)3 status are not permitted to campaign for or against political candidates and are restricted in terms of legislative and other political activism.