Black People : Will Harriet Tubman be on the next $20 bill?

Recognition is the key word brutha.... And no matter where you go, money still will not be yours. Having our face on money will be seen the word over. Any other way will only be local.

Peace!

I feel you trust me. I know there are more pressing
needs than who's on somebodies paper money.

What's having a face on a bill gonna do where as bills
going to be harder to get where you have to sell your mind, body
soul or ***.

Yes we already do that, so now we do it with
Tubman on the face?

There are more pressing needs there our ancestors
on white man money.

That's my point.

I don't know where some of you live but people are

hurting here. Ask anyone of them who would they

want on a twenty. They/I don't care.

Just give me the $20s.

We care not about cometics. We care about livelyhood

And why, do you think, should that matter?

Thank you for the question brutha Raptor.:toast:

Lets use the bus situation during the Jim Crow era.

Our money was good enough and accepted in order to ride the bus, but we were restricted to only riding in the back of the bus. Whites that paid the same fare was allowed to ride anywhere on the bus they wanted because they were considered to be 1st class citizens. Now blacks work, pay taxes, buy goods and services, etc the same as whites, shouldn't we be viewed as being worthy of being put on a form of currency? I'm having a hard time seeing what the objection is here.

IMO, it's pushing back normative restrictions based on the hierarchies of powered that have ruled this country/world

In Africa, whites know the value of recognition, and we shouldn't underestimate it's power.

rh05l.jpg
gdkokr503rd.jpg
SouthAfricanCoins.jpg

10509306_1.jpg

To underestimate the power of recognition is to underestimate a proved, and established structural form of oppression. Seeing us on any form of currency is to invade the political consciousness of society.

Peace!

Looks like a difference in age.

But to the comment of "the big one looks a bit strange like a cross between a man and a woman"...
Is one trying to say that she is unattractive, or that she looks like a man?

Or just don't like the picture?

Thanks for the coattail pull...

I just don't like the picture. I've seen that image, they are trying to re-create the one on the left. the one on the right looks photoshoped

Harriet.Tubman.png
9bdd36c656c109393d25678310d4a2eabf5ebf28.png

[/QUOTE]

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back