Black People : Will Equality Ever Truly Exist?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by wetac0s, Nov 19, 2011.

1. wetac0s

wetac0s Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +272
    Lately, I have been thinking a lot about what I was taught as a youngster and my old teachers. People are always saying how "racism is over" and how "everyone is equal", "kumbaya", "we got a black president".

But if you think about equality, it is both physical and mental. How can humans truly be equals when we look so different?

I am gonna be blunt - looks matter. Even babies are naturally connected to those that look like them. There's an instinct in every human to have compassion towards those that share similar physical traits. I learned this in psychology.

No matter how advanced our society is, there will always be a minority of people with blue/green eyes and blondish hair - traits that no on else has. People can pretend that we are all valued equally, but those with so called "special" features have an advantage that they can use against those that don't.

I admit I have been envious of those with certain traits, but it is what it is. I have been taught in school that evolution caused light skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair. My teacher talked about this "phenomenon" in a way that glorified it and made it seem like those "fair-colored" humans were super-mutants. This totally contradicts the MLK/Lincoln concept of equality that I was also taught. Being one of the few children of color at my school, I felt very depressed after this.

Until all humans look the same, will there ever be equality?

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Nope...

Because it's deeper than just looks....People define themselves by religion, gender, politics, age, money, etc, and most consider themselves to better than those who don't agree, don't belong, or don't have.....And as long as people have their own separate views equality will never exist...

And I'm okay with that....Cause I sure as hell don't wanna be a clone.

3. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    Numbers equals power, as long as one people outnumber another people they will always seek to disrespect and exploit the other people. Other then africans....anybody can go to africa and set up shop

4. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Equality is something that has never existed and never will.
    Inequality causes movement and change. Ebb and flow.

Be proud of your brown eyes and brown skin. It protects you from the sun.
    Blonde hair, pale skin, and green/blue eyes don't protect you from the sun.
    Those traits can't understand sunshine :).

5. Shikamaru

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Humans are status seeking creatures and seem to naturally create hierarchies from my observations and conclusion.

6. Shikamaru

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    I would say technology and force equals power.
    How do you explain the dominance of Europeans in South Africa despite being vastly outnumbered?

A minority dominates and exploits a majority frequently throughout history.

7. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    I hope that you will excuse my language but these are the terminologies used by the Black Arts Movement in the early 70s.

Imamu Baraka said we first need to seek equality amongst, Negroes, Ns and Blacks, before we even think about equality with anyone else.

Things were different in England and may be different after the EU collapses.
    Frederick Douglas, Garvey, and George Padmore at the first Pan African congress, met greater respect in London then in the US and were admired because of their educational class rather then race.

According to Dr John Henrik Clarke the only non racial society was the Roman Empire, were individulas were judged by their wealth, skills, education or cunning

8. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    I said OTHER THEN AFRICANS in my post.

9. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    equality is a man-made fallacy. It does not exist in nature. The Strong shall conquer the weak until somebody up their turns out the lights. if you really think about it.. the only reason the concept of Equality exists is because of the natural reality of inequality. Without inequality, equality would not be necessary. So, a better question is , "what is the source of inequality? and I mean.. inequality as a affirmative conept within its own context..

And just so we are clear, inequality has never been black folks problem. Our problem has been the inhuman brutal murderous and tyrannical ways of our captors and oppressors..

10. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    Will Equality Ever Truly Exist?

My answer: No.