Black People : Will Collective Really Help Eachother?

tyab14

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 15, 2007
My question is this, when it comes down to it, will our people really actually assist eachother? In my lifetime, I have to say that I haven't seen any black people collectively (assist) like we talk about in this forum.

What are yah'lls experience? And if we can't come together now in a communal way if eachother needs help, how can we get to this level?

Or should we just come together with family and family friends and keep it moving?

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Will Collective Really Help Each other?

My question is this, when it comes down to it, will our people really actually assist each other? In my lifetime, I have to say that I haven't seen any black people collectively (assist) like we talk about in this forum.

What are yah'lls experience? And if we can't come together now in a communal way if each other needs help, how can we get to this level?

Or should we just come together with family and family friends and keep it moving?

tyab14,

You have certainly spoken well, bringing up all the right issues, and asking all the right questions.

Both! In a communal way, and with our families. The communal is happening right before your eyes as we make this exchange, look around you, young Man! Destee has not been here, nearly 10 yrs or more, for nothing. We simply ask that you get on board, and contribute your gifts into the mix!

In fact, what we practice here toward coming together will be transferred to our own personal families and communities. Got it!

My question is this, when it comes down to it, will our people really actually assist eachother?

Some will and some won't.

The point at which a Sister or Brother is asked to part with their money, financially assist another Sister or Brother ... help the collective in a most needed way ... well ... this is where the rubber meets the road ... it is where the line is drawn n the sand ... it is the place where more is required of us ... and some will accept the challenge ... moving bravely forward (many doing way more than their own share, i might add) ... and some won't ... some will only talk.

I have seen Family proclaiming their enlightenment and wisdom, talking of their riches, while vowing never to help.

I am so very blessed to be able to also say ... that i have seen Family never claiming any status for themselves while sharing their knowledge and wisdom, mentioning the challenges of their life ... homelessness, almost homeless, illness, jobless, students, babies to feed, challenges in their life ... and they helped ... assisted in keeping this collective of ours, alive.

So ... based on my experience ... some will and some won't.

In my lifetime, I have to say that I haven't seen any black people collectively (assist) like we talk about in this forum.

Dear Darling Brother Tyab ... if in your lifetime, you've never seen this ... please keep living.

Keep living ... and if you still don't see it ... then be it.

We must stop looking for it in others, and become it ourselves ... each and every one of us.

I am soooooooooooooo glad you brought up this topic, as it is one that is close to my heart and i know intimately.

For you to say that you have never seen such in your lifetime, and to be right on top of such, posting in it, enjoying the greatness of it all ... well ... this might mean you need to open your eyes, and see.

If you're missing this, and you're right on top of it, what else might you be missing Dear Brother?

This community is a great example of our people collectively assisting each other.

That is EXACTLY what we are, and always have been.

If it were not for the Sisters and Brothers ... FROM AROUND THE WORLD ... that have financially helped to keep this community alive, so we could have a place to wallow in the wonderfulness of us ... bask in our own glory ... rejuvenate ourselves ... share our own experiences ... in the VERY BEST OF MANNERS ... if it were not for these Sisters and Brothers ... COLLECTIVELY - FINANCIALLY - ASSISTING ... you'd not even be able to present your question ... not here.

We have historical evidence, supporting the collective effort found here ... Thank You Thank You Thank You!

What are yah'lls experience?

Again ... i'm glad you asked! :)

I have been so blessed to have the greatest experience of all, when it comes to our people collectively helping.

When i started this community more than 10 years ago, it was not with the intention of having anyone help. When i started i was more than able to maintain all things, by myself. That was my intention, but life and circumstance changed all of that. In order for the community to remain alive, i had to ask for help from the Family ... and that, just asking, was difficult all by itself! I had to believe in the collective, that i had always believed in, just never had to depend on. There is a big difference between thinking you can depend on someone, and actually being able to do it. A very big difference. I wasn't just depending on one someone, but the collective. It was so very scary. Lots of times we almost didn't make it ... times when i thought we would surely die.

But the collective came through! :weights:

Thanking God - Our Creator - Our Ancestors ... each and every single Sister and Brother ... i am thanking them all right now ... for we are ALL still here! :)

I have a very unique and rare perspective of this community ... a collective of Sisters and Brothers from around the world ... supporting their own, sharing with each other, in the very best of manners ... a perspective that i hope i'm able to share with you ... so you and all others can see what i see.

If you still can't see what i see ... ask me more questions ... because i see it clearly, and can paint the picture for you.

And if we can't come together now in a communal way if eachother needs help, how can we get to this level?

The more communal you want to see, the more communal you must be.

Again, it's not about what someone else does ... it's about what you do.

Each and every one of us must live up to our own responsibility to the community ... this must be both in word, and in deed ... it must be always and never ceasing. Even your own self improvement, strengthens the community, and you should be able to see how they align with each other.

As each of us does this, the community automatically strengthens.

Our Family and Friends ... are our Family and Friends ... :)

But i know what you mean ... and of course ... everything begins with one's Family.

Charity ... love ... begins at home. So it should absolutely be there. I think it would be hard for someone to convince me that they loved their neighbor, but hated their Mother or Father.

We can't afford to skip any steps in this process, and the first step is one's Family.

As we grow, heal, strengthen that commune, if you will, one will naturally gravitate toward the greater collective.

Brother Tyab ... this is a topic very close to my heart, that i feel quite knowledgeable regarding ... so if you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

I think maybe I was misunderstood or didn't clarify, I do respect and see the coming together on certain levels in this forum that you have provided for us sister Destee, I also am grateful for your hard work, as well as others.

What I was asking is, in times of financial distress (as some see coming), will we (outside of the internet) be able to come together, i.e. will black people collectively help each other in dire times? Say someone has no money for some food and a neighbor is growing food, will they be willing to offer up some food? Maybe in exchange of a little work or something?

I was saying that through my life, I had not seen many black people outside of their family (sometimes not even that), agree to help another financially.

Will it come down to survival of the fittest?

Sister Destee, at this present time are you able to goto someone's house and get some tomatoes and cabbage to eat (if you were down to your last pennie) or if a store is shut down? This is the communal living that came to mind for me. Reminds me of how the Amish operate, seperate from anything. Are they being effected by anything on the outside of what they are doing?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back