Law Forum : will Baltimore die?

The article points out that an influx of AA income would only help "some AA communities" . The problems that I faced in Old North was that I believed the criminals ruled. To cut a long story short the criminals met their fate and my part of Old North became deserted and , the property developers moved in.

I feel West Baltimore is going down that same road. It begs the question though - what will happen when those criminal are released. Well IMHO they will end up out in the suburbs and, those AA's that deserted the city will meet those AA's that they fled from.

My contention is that such work must continue and should be bolstered by a grand return to densely populated urban settings where an influx of middle class incomes from black and brown citizens would help stabilize some communities...."

Oh really? And just how many people are going to participate in this pipe dream? I've never understood this mentality of scapegoating, playing the victimization and entitlement card based on the poor personal decision making of individuals. So, a guy (or woman) who stayed in school, worked hard for good grades, went to college, worked their way up the chain to receive a decent position and a nice yearly salary -somehow, owes the indolent Negroes back in da hood? Somehow, he must accept the moral obligation to move himself, his wife and children back into the belly of the beast in order to prove -he be down wit the brothers! Really? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ok.....

My contention is that such work must continue and should be bolstered by a grand return to densely populated urban settings where an influx of middle class incomes from black and brown citizens would help stabilize some communities...."

Oh really? And just how many people are going to participate in this pipe dream? I've never understood this mentality of scapegoating, playing the victimization and entitlement card based on the poor personal decision making of individuals. So, a guy (or woman) who stayed in school, worked hard for good grades, went to college, worked their way up the chain to receive a decent position and a nice yearly salary -somehow, owes the indolent Negroes back in da hood? Somehow, he must accept the moral obligation to move himself, his wife and children back into the belly of the beast in order to prove -he be down wit the brothers! Really? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ok.....

You're not following the thread, Black Cypher. At its most basic level it's about property investment. I lived in the US in the 70's so I witnessed the first group of AA's moving to North County STL...they were professionals and business owners, I'm talking about my little patch of the US here btw. Back then those new homes out in the county were brilliant, remember the Jefferson's "Movin on up"... well it was kind of like that LOL!!. What they left behind however were neighbourhoods spiralling out of control with slumlords and the like.

I didn't know it at the time but those homes out in STL county weren't built to last.

Now, getting back to my thread. AA middle classes are moving back to the city however, it's for economic reasons as opposed to love for their brother man and, I don't blame them for that, none of my damned business. I did say that I find this article a tad suspect.

You seem to place emphasis on education, ok fine. Well further education is not for everyone...some people just want a job and/or at least the prospect of work when they leave high school. Well our jobs were shipped over seas remember and, all those factory buildings in our inner cities are now loft apartments.

BTW cool the f/k out, I like your post... gives me something to think about instead of the same ole baloney LOL!!!

St. Louis struggles to maintain $17 million Washington Avenue streetscape.

upload_2017-5-11_2-57-49.png

ST. LOUIS • Washington Avenue wasn’t supposed to look like this.

More than a decade ago, the city pumped about $17 million in state and federal tax dollars into renovating and beautifying the downtown street hugged by warehouses. The complicated face-lift was a nod to the street’s history as the centre of the city’s garment and fashion industry.

======================

I use to work in the old garment district on Washington Ave STL. Look at it now.

Truth is our respective Countries have become service based....now couple that with further education is not for everyone and we have a recipe for disaster, FACT.

Last edited:
Let's move to Moss Side, Manchester

Moss-Side-008.jpg

Same thing is happening in my community. Black educated Brits that were born and raised in Sth Manchester
got out after they graduated from Uni and, paraded it like a badge of honour i.e., I fought my way out the ghetto.

NOW they are returning along with the Whites that called us ALL animals, now these very same Muppets have become emboldened are living next door to us and this, because of the heightened police presence in Moss-Side. I couldn't take the humiliation so I moved the f/k out and now live in a Jewish enclave, fresh horizon's.

Read more:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/sep/07/moss-side-manchester-property-roundup

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back