Black People : Wild-West Toledo Shootout

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
Why even go to clubs.

Nothing but Drugs and Guns going on up in the clubs.

Why not invite a few friends over, sit around and enjoy their company and your favorite snacks or Hors d'oeuvre.

==============

=============

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/10/12/crimesider/entry5378669.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Amazingly, no injuries were reported.

Seventeen shell casings were recovered.

The fight apparently began when a bar employee asked a man who was trying to sell marijuana to leave.

========

UPDATE!

Toledo shootout update! Interview with shooter's brother sheds new light on case

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
Watching this bad video, I can see the cook drew his weapon from his left side. He didn't pick up a weapon.

If you can't run a business without having to have a weapon, and if you don't feel safe walking home, or down your street without a weapon.

Then you are not Mid West... or back East...your in the WILD...WILD WEST!

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
No disrespect, to small cities and towns,
but folks in these towns at times feel they have something to prove.
Many are still full of senseless gang violence, over slights and turf

Here in NYC young folks have grown out of that since the 80s.

And there are always metal detectors, and or pat downs ,
in all clubs,
except for celebrities.

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
No disrespect, to small cities and towns,
but folks in these towns at times feel they have something to prove.
Many are still full of senseless gang violence, over slights and turf

Here in NYC young folks have grown out of that since the 80s.

And there are always metal detectors, and or pat downs ,
in all clubs,
except for celebrities.
DOWNTOWN ORLANDO SHOOTING
Jason Rodriguez : Shooting at downtown Orlando office building leaves 5 hurt, 1 dead
Orlando Sentinel Staff

10:11 PM EST, November 6, 2009

Amanda Tighe stepped out of the elevator of the Gateway Center on Friday and into the panic that had swallowed her building.

A pack of 10 to 12 people rushed toward her, faces twisted in fear.

"Run!" they screamed. "He's got a gun! He's shooting people!"

Tighe, a legal assistant, thought maybe it was a joke -- but only for a second.

"I could tell by the look in their faces," she said.

She raced through the lobby and out the door.

At 11:45 a.m., Tighe dialed 911.

By then, the chaos that would envelop the north side of downtown was well under way. A former employee of an engineering firm, police say, was on the eighth floor of the 17-story tower and firing at people with a handgun that he pulled from a holster under his shirt.

By the time Jason Rodriguez left the building, Orlando police say, Otis Beckford, 26, was dead and five others were injured. Beckford had lived in West Palm Beach before relocating to Orlando.

The 2 1/2-hour manhunt for Jason Rodriguez shut down city streets, closed Interstate 4, and forced schools and businesses to lock down their buildings.

For much of midday, police and ambulance lights ricocheted off downtown windows, SWAT members prowled the streets with high-powered rifles and residents in north-end apartments watched the scene from their windows.

Rodriguez was ultimately apprehended at his mother's apartment on Curry Ford Road about 2:20 p.m. He surrendered without any resistance as residents of Hollowbrook Apartments looked on.

As Rodriguez was led to a police cruiser, a reporter shouted, "Why did you do it?"

The 40-year-old draftsman offered only a cryptic response.

"Because they left me to rot," he said.

Later Friday night, he shouted "Innocent!" to a crush of reporters at the Orlando Police Department as he left for the Orange County Jail.

No way to get out

The attack was downtown Orlando's first mass shooting in 25 years, and it terrified the people trapped in the building the shooter made his target. Panicked employees phoned loved ones, some barricaded doors with file cabinets, and others armed themselves with souvenir baseball bats.

At Jacobs Engineering on the 14th floor, workers were wrapping up their week -- they work half days on Fridays -- when the receptionist announced there had been a shooting. Gateway Center was locked down, they were told, and there was no way to leave.

Barbara Stiles, a 46-year-old marketing manager, said she looked out the window and saw police swarming outside, guns drawn, and a fleet of ambulances and firetrucks.

"We saw two people walk out that were put into ambulances," Stiles said, "and then I saw two other people being brought out on stretchers."

With the drama playing out beneath her, Stiles thought first of her daughter: She wanted to let her husband know she might not be able to pick her up from elementary school.

"It was actually kind of weird," she said a few hours after the incident. "It's like you're watching TV. I think it's just now starting to hit me. My stomach is absolutely in knots."

Rob Chapin was on the 16th floor when the shooting started. He looked to the ground and saw injured people -- one with a bloody shirt, one with a bloody leg -- being hustled from the building.

Chapin phoned 911, telling dispatchers where he and his co-workers were. They locked the doors, and one of his colleagues -- a collector of baseball memorabilia -- handed out 15 souvenir bats to arm themselves.

They were never needed -- a few minutes later a SWAT team showed up and led them to safety.

"You're sitting there watching this unfold, and all you want to do is cling onto your family and let them know you're OK," Chapin said. "You start to think about all the things you care about most in the world."

Chapin was lucky in that he was eight stories removed from the shootings.

Police say Rodriguez walked into the building about 11:45 a.m. and headed for the offices of Reynolds, Smith and Hills on the eighth floor.

He had worked at the engineering firm before being fired for poor performance in 2007. Since then, Rodriguez has held several other jobs.

Police have said little so far about what happened inside the offices of RS&H, but a charging affidavit provides some detail.

'Going through a tough time'......

full article;
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/os-shooting-reported-downtown-orlando-20091106,0,2603320,print.story

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Kool Moe Dee - Wild Wild West Audio Video Web Conferencing 3
1poetsought Black Poetry : Wild Wild West Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 19
R Black Poetry : Athletic cute engage in energetic pursuits some wanna charge their lifestyle so its strange but nice and wild and become more active and soar attracti Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: look boo we can play around or simply lay down girl it's a wild day in the world a child at play may use a stick as an airplane wit a chick i Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : My style maybe wild and wrong in hummers when I dial phone numbers just to rap to chicks and be sli Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Wear great bling clever just to make things better around his neck strange and wild how he changed m Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Nature's Wild Child Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : for him time to amuse but confused and mixed up had to fix his luck, style old like wild mold,growth Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : the advice is wild for my lifestyle like a puppy dogs ears droop pathetic cutes lead to energetic pu Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
HODEE Black People : Which Wild Animal is Your Soulmate? Black People Open Forum 4
1poetsought Black Entertainment : Wild Thing Black Entertainment 2
Destee Food Discussion : Rhubarb - It Grew Wild When I Was a Child - it's $6.00 a pound now! Food Discussion and Recipes 1
R Black Poetry : My style is corrupt and rhymes pile up so I have wild Luck trying to separate verbs that devastate n Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Frenemy Audio Video Web Conferencing : Skye Allen - Where the Wild Things Are Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Popes Gone Wild: What the Catholic Church Would Rather You Forget Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
C Black People : Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threatened': Black People Open Forum 22
S Black People : Old Black Bus Drivers Gone Wild... again.. Black People Open Forum 29
R Black Poetry : Flow wild scriptures got profile pictures on my medallion Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
info-moetry Audio Video Web Conferencing : Grandmaster Flash - Wild Style Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Black Authors : MUST READ: Wild Seed Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
S Black People : White Southerners Gone Wild.. Black People Open Forum 4
S Black Entertainment : Wild Style.. Grand Master Flash Black Entertainment 0
Keita Kenyatta Black Poetry : The Penis Gone Wild True Story Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
I Black People : Intellectualizing with a Wild BEAST! Black People Open Forum 0
river Spoken Word : On the Wings of a Wild God Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
N Black People : Manchurian candidates on campus, gone wild?! Black People Open Forum 0
R Black People : hood gown wild vid Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Poetry : Keep file folders like wild soldiers in the field of administration Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Therious Pan Africanism : black youth riot in france over killings by wild boars!! African American History Culture 4
R Black Poetry : My words true and like third avenue thugs they wild out Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
G Black Poetry : THE JOKER IS WILD Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : About dis woman .....wild n' out Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
D Black Entertainment : Akon’s underage girl is wild Black Entertainment 4
nevar Black Poetry : Re: To Penis gone Wild.......... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20
Keita Kenyatta Black Poetry : Penis Gone Wild Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Omowale Jabali Black Entertainment : Joe Pro, Booz, and Party Girls Gone Wild Black Entertainment 2
HODEE Black People : Now this is WILD! Man in closet... Black People Open Forum 2
N Black Poetry : Wild Fire Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
M Black Poetry : MADD my brown round butt do wild twist but my style resists Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Khasm13 Khasm13 : wild cowboy... Khasm13 7
river Black Poetry : On The Wings Of A Wild God Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
A Black Poetry : Where Wild Roses Grow Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Bluewater Quiet Poetry Lounge : Wild Side Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
G Black Poetry : the wild part Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
M Black Poetry : River Wild Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
J Black Poetry : girls gone wild!! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
M Black Poetry : 2003 will be wild and ill with style even thrill the foul Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Joyce Black Poetry : Wild Flower Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
H Black Poetry : my wild side Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
M Black Poetry : Call Of The Wild! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4