Black Relationships : Wife Material

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Nisa, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    This is for my brothers, sisters who are married can input too..But what makes a woman wife material in your eyes or in general. :hearts3:

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    This is going to vary depending on who you ask, because not everyone is looking for the same thing in a relationship. There were numerous qualities that made my wife attractive to me: She had a sweet & peaceful nature to her (still does). I have never been a person who is "entertained" by drama filled relationships. I believe that a man's household should be a refuge from the outside world. After dealing with hardships at work, the last thing I want is to deal with hardships at home. My eventual wife reflected a woman who did not like to start senseless arguements, and who liked to have peace in her home. That was a major plus for me. In addition my wife seemed to be a honest and loyal person. This is important for a lot of men. It is necessary to know whether or not a woman will stay with you during times of difficulty. Too many people leave at the 1st sign of trouble (economic or otherwise), which guarantees a short marriage. An extremely important quality towards making a woman marriage (wifey) material is having similar values. My wife & I shared similar views on family, relationships, and culture. Lastly I also found her to be physically attractive. I also felt she cared for me, as much as I cared for her. That is what makes a woman "wifey" material to me, but as I said earlier, another brother might say something completely different.

3. FiveAlive

FiveAlive Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    To add to Panafrica's remarks, which I thought were right on point,

Wife material is a woman who has a good balance of realist and idealist beliefs, realizes that she is not the only person in the relationship with needs and feelings, believes in togetherness (as the wedding vows say, in sickness and in health, in good times and bad, etc....), believes in compromise, would rather work together than fight, appreciates black history, dislikes social injustice, can stand up for herself when she needs to, is willing to let her man help her do things that she CAN do by herself, understands that life ain't always peaches and cream, but is willing to work at things and EXPECTS happiness. She can communicate her thoughts and feelings, LOVES being a woman (for all that it entails, from the silly little things, like having small nail beds, to the bigger things like being able to bear children), can appreciate small things (and express her appreciation), has nurturing tendencies, cares about little animals. Can cook. And ain't gonna be mad that I can cook better than her :). That's off the top of my head.

4. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    In addition to what the Brothers that preceded me said I will say this, There is one truth about women and that is every woman is a good woman to someone. You ask what makes a good wife? I believe to properly answer this question we must involve the husband. I believe husbands and wives should compliment each. This doesn't means there are certain characteristics all woman should have that will guarantee a hubsand. I believe women looking for a husband should identify her strong qualities and understand why her strengths are appealing. While identify strengths she must recognize weakness. This is crucial. In a complimentary relationship the woman strengths fill the need and her weakness get strengthened by her husband. For instances in my marriag I am the spender and my wife is the saver. I pay the bills, keep up all the vehicles, pay off the credit card every year and pay for all home improvements. This frees my wife's money up to buy groceries, clothes for the family, buy nice things for herself and maintain our saving. Jointly we donate to charity and church. For the most part we have balanced finances. We share the cooking duties. I'm reserve and laid back with people and she's protective and speaks what is on her mind yet in situations she is compassionate and forgiving and I'm authoritative and bullheaded. We perfectly compliment eachother. When a woman finds her match, he will not only need her he will desire her as well. She will be for him and he will be for her.

Peace

Radical Faith

5. 1hotvirgowoman

1hotvirgowoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    I have read everyone's postings and I am in awe. You Men appear to be loving towards your Wives- that is soo commendable. I wish each and every one you the best of Luck.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    to be a good wife........

you have to cook, clean, wash and screw!

well, you really have to clean, wash and screw.

um, you have to wash and screw.

ummmmmmmmmmm.........you really don't have to wash....... :smooch:

7. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
    Leave it to James...a crazy saggitarius..like me..we are some freaky people lol. :yo:

8. 1hotvirgowoman

1hotvirgowoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6

:laugh: You're on a roll fo'sho... But uh...You Nasty...I can just imagine what ya'lls place would look like. Food and dirty clothes to be seen every which-a-way!

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    i am a scorpio.

NOV. 10/1942

10. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31

Lol...****..well yall still crazy rotf, and you got the same birthday as my little brother. awwww