Black Relationships : Wife makes more money than the husband.

Mchinadoll
Yo if my woman made more than me
Im not really sure if i would have a problem with it
I would want to better myself and get on her level
I really only talk to woman that are on my financial level
So to date someone aboe that would be cool to me
I would get to her level and we make moves together

mchinadoll said:
I recently read an article that was very interesting to me. The author stated that "Today, one in three women makes more money then her husband".

Is this a problem in black relationships/marriages. If this is a problem for you or not please explain. Thank you.

I don't think that it should be a problem. I would rather consult part time and make my family my first priority; however, once i finish my graduate studies it is totally possible that I will earn more than my significant other. my boyfriend even jokingly made the comment that he could be a house husband. i have no problem with that; he could even take the time to start a business if he so chooses.

Neither person, man or woman, should 'throw' the fact that they are the bread winner in the other's face. As long as both adults are considerate and understanding.... why would there and should there be a problem?

Tantrum and ifucomesoftly:

It's no problem with me either. I am not sure who brings in the most money in my house. I work full time as a real estate paralegal and own my own mortgage business. I also have real estate that I receive rental income from monthly. My husband is a mail carrier, who also owns real estate which he rents out. So, depending on how hard I want to work, I can bring home more at any given month.

We both do well enough to pay our bills, and who makes the most have not been an issue thus far. I just found the article interesting. They interviewed a few men and the men stated that it would probably be an issue.

It wouldn't be an issue with me if I made more money if my husband and I had "Equality" in the relationship.

For ex. I hear some men talk about how they "HELP their wives out with the housework" or with the children, but I don't hear women say they help their husbands with the bills. They just pay some of the bills. My antennae always go up when I hear a man use that helping phrase because I know that the couple most likely doesn't have an "equal" relationship. In an equal relationship, one spouse doesn't "help" the other one. Each is simply doing their share.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back