Black Poetry : Why?

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by one_love, Mar 6, 2008.

1. one_love

one_love Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why do people always fight
    And twist the fact of black and white?
    Why are we all so racist
    And wrap our fingers in a fist?
    Why can’t we all just get along
    And sing as one graceful song?
    Why do we judge a race
    And get on each other’s case?
    Why does it have to be this way
    And make everyone pay?
    Why can’t we all be one
    And not have to run?
    Why do we make walls
    And not try to make it fall?
    Why can’t we move on from the past
    And get over this racial difference fast?
    Why do I judge on personality
    And from my heart because it’s morality!
    Why can’t we all just step up
    And take a stand it isn’t tough?

The only way we can make a change is to stop getting out of range. To step up together and make the world as light as a feather. Stop being so ignorant, and let’s make an arraignment. Let’s step up and be tough!

One_Love

2. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    You can suggest that a person change, even make a good argument for it. But that person has to indeed want to change themselves. Thought provoking piece.

3. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    I've never seen, a Black racist in my life,
    well...unless his skin is black but his mind is white.

why can't we all just ...get along?
    was that Rodney King who sang that song?

Yep, ..they beat him like a goverment slave..
    he was just "3" minutes, from seeing his grave.

It's now to the point where we killing each other,
    matters not that I'm your sister or you my brother.

So, the "Why's" in this world is still going strong
    yeah we see them daily, doing our people wrong.​

4. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795

Great write one_love

It is time. Time is long overdue to step up or stand up.
    African Americans could change the world, and this country if we unified like only we can.
    It hasn't pissed us off enough, hurt enough, we haven't felt justified and mad like we did at the beating and injustice of Rodney King.
    A few days after watching roots gives us rise.. situations like that. Then it cools.

Denny's made us mad.. treated us bad so we no longer go.

In 1865 when emancipation was granted. Slaves were promised and congress debated. Reparations. Some were given but less than a dozen received. The south was reconstructed and allowed to beat back and take back from the slaves who helped save the union. Blacks were in congress, we were prosperous. We had risen. Then immediately beaten down. The right to vote came in 1865. That was taken for a hundred years before it was given back with possible loop holes to take it again. Bush voted to extend it ten more years. Basically we had risen.

[B]“Why can’t we all just step up?
    And take a stand it isn’t tough?

The only way we can make a change is to stop getting out of range. To step up together and make the world as light as a feather. Stop being so ignorant, and let’s make an arraignment. Let’s step up and be tough! “

To be tough and step up... what we have to do is get reparations promised to slave ancestors. The argument is who pays? Who gets paid? Scratch that… we don’t pay federal taxes for as many years as slaves were in slavery in this country. Is how we step up.

We don't pay state taxes. Only sales taxes. We keep our cash, use it for four hundred years to grow as we can individually and collectively. We no longer fund the colloges we can't attend, the concerts and arts we never saw. The wars we should have never supported. Every war we have helped this country win. Only to to return to a life here and can't get a break, or fair treatment.

I believe there are many dissatisfied people among us. Their purpose is to make as many as unhappy as they are inside.

Some have power some don’t. Police, Congress, judges, lawyers and politicians have power and they sometimes wield it and hurt. Credit card companies, utilities companies and any one you need to help you while you are alive. Can fall into the same category and deliver nothing positive.

There are greedy among us and there are evil. Those three combined or separately fuel the flames of religious differences, race, income, status and justice.

Good is bad, and bad is good it seems. As one try’s stepping up. The wall looks insurmountable. The crowd seems so large that roots or something wrong. There seems to always be more for the wrong thing than there are for the right.

Why can’t we all just step up
    and take a stand it isn’t tough?

It is tough. Look at the leaders that have been killed for trying to do right. This creates fear. The purpose is to create fear. Fear freezes action. So much we are given, and see in the media is made up and false.

Gold, money, money exchange, diamonds, sex, slavery and death are all components of the evil. The dissatisfied, greedy and evil win.

I may not have it right. Correct the words I quote here. “ If you believe in something be willing to die for it. “ Something Tupac said in one of his songs.

Is a true point. The suicide muslim bombers are a testament of that. They believe so much in what they feel and believe. They blow themselves up.

You see no black leaders, because it is easier for them to sail along and get along, stringing us along as we continue to stagnate and possibly loose progress and footing.

5. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    flo on poet..........

6. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    feeling your power one love

i ask the same questions sometimes

glad to see you're ready to take a stand and stand your ground

peace

7. Bluewater

Bluewater Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Praising The Lord
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hi one_love
    Why is the questoin.
    ANd it is true that the
    only one who can chance those WHY'S
    are the ones who initiate it. One person
    can make a change.
    Nice piece. Keep it coming

Peace~N~Love

8. LovesDestiny

LovesDestiny Well-Known Member MEMBER

Finance & Endless Possibilities
    Ratings:
    +18
    YES! YES!! and YES!!!

Why cant we just step it up? Seems like this is the same song we as a people are always singing. I truly wished we could all just step it up! We could blame it on our leaders and all those in power BUT the truth of the matter is we only have control over ourselves!

So why not release the power within and start with the man (or woman) in the mirror! We can step it up as mothers and fathers. We can step it up as sisters and brothers (to one another). We can step it up in our careers! We can step it up in our spiritual knowledge and growth! Yes, this is a time for change but lets stop blaming others and start with ourselves first!

Let's Step it Up Family!!!!

Great Piece! Excellent!!!!