Black Women : Why You and I Could Never REALLY Be Friends

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by MsInterpret, Apr 15, 2013.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO ALL WOMEN

I've written a few threads in the Women's forum about women friendship. I always have cherished any friendship that I had genuinely thought I had. The reason why I say "thought" is because it wasn't genuine after all.
    I've always had a difficult time growing up when it came to getting along with other girls and women. They always wanted to fight me, jealous, b**chy, insecure, drama-fied, trifling and always gossiped.
    And I spoke with Destee about how I got into an altercation with this girl (she doesn't qualify as a woman) out of sheer petty, gossip, jealousy type stuff.
    And women always get a certain way around men...it's almost like you're in competition over whatever man/men is/are around. And to be honest I don't feel like most women are a threat to me. And it has nothing to do with arrogance, I just don't feel it necessary to fight over any man...especially when he is nobody's man.
    On top of that, I have confidence...and I didn't always have confidence I worked on it. I can be around other women who have confidence and there is hardly ever an issue...and get around another woman who lacks confidence and it is a problem all day...she thinks you have an attitude, or you're stuck up...
    I don't like gossip...I think gossip is for weak people who have no backbone and know deep down that they don't need to be saying what they are gossiping about in the first place. I don't have an issue with telling someone that I don't like them or what they've done to me...or whatever.
    Tell me how it is and how you really feel and I'll have a little bit more respect for you then if you didn't and just gossiped about me behind my back or treated me a certain way out of pure animosity.

There's no room in my life for any woman who:
    - Gossips
    - Insecure
    - Jealous
    - Vindictive
    - Wants to fight
    - Trifling

2. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

This is one of the main reasons I believe a lot of women have a hard time being friends with other women. Even my cousin and I had trouble for this reason. She'd always change her attitude when around men just to flirt, and compete with me, when I really didn't want any guy hitting on me anyway! I just would rather continue on our own business. But she always saw me as competition no matter what!

And the list is exactly what women should drop from their own personalities if they even suspect that's a little like them; none of that profits yourself or your friends!

Nice.:)

3. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    My cousin and I used to be at odds with one another as well.

Women can be just way too much at times....

What you hate about another person is usually because you have something that you really hate about yourself.
    And I'd like to tell those women specifically, to get over themselves.
    Once you master the art to loving yourself, loving other people isn't a problem...it becomes easier.

4. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Yeah, she was having troubles, I believe. So I never thought to hold it against her.

I sure hope she didn't hate me, though! lol

But, for truth, people seem to not want to love other people, but like hating for some reason...?

It's terrible when people admit they like to hate. I've heard it. :confused:

5. candeesweet

candeesweet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Why is it funny if she hates you but terrible if she don't know no better?

6. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Hate can easily consume the heart, mind, and spirit....and it's contagious.
    For someone to enjoy hating others, which many don't admit to out loud, is pretty dark...There are deep seeded issues if one feels pleasure out of the pain and suffering of others.

I've heard stories where women have thrown acid into another woman's face...Even gone to murdering another woman out of sheer hate and nothing else.

There are so many examples in the world that show the hatred that people can have for one another.

7. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Do you have a personal issue with me? Cause you've been doing this near all day. Questioning everything I write. I don't find it funny if she hated me; I laughed to make it lighter in mood rather than gloomy by reason of cousin hating cousin.

8. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Yeah, it does consume if not checked.

I have hope though that love will triumph though hatred does rule this world.

I may have needs to leave your thread now, because I've been having back and forths on threads, and I don't want to take your thread off topic.

9. candeesweet

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    So u saying I can't reflect? I am trying to get to know you better. I have to read your comments daily.

10. candeesweet

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Imma leave you alone since our communication has failed. I'm not trying to harrass you.