Black People : Why would a white person want to post on Destee?

I agree...

But my thing is what if (and there is) a white person who does come into our community and wants to embrace what we are doing here? Do we tell them to leave, try and scare them off by degrading them?

Do you remember the movie Malcolm X and the white woman comes up to him and says something along the lines of it was her who did all those wrong things to blacks, and she asked Malcolm X what she could do to help and he said "Nothing".

Is that how we respond?

Unfortunately, that is how some of us respond. If you don't love yourself it is hard to love others. You know the saying hurt people hurt people.

We have to be honest with ourselves and ask the hard questions. If we feel it is wrong for white people to feel uncomfortable around us then is it not equally wrong for us to feel uncomfortable around them?

Of course they aren't offended, this is after all just an internet message board. They probably wouldn't act so reprehensible if this was the real world... with real consequences.

Anyways, why do I come here? Well, mostly to lurk(ie read other people's view points) as it helps to broaden my ability to understand people. For example, I am a classical liberal(ie libertarian), but I still go to statist websites like openleft and huffington post because it I am curious how people operating on different assumptions view the same information.

I do feel like posting sometimes to share my(very different) viewpoint, but I usually don't have the time to get into long discussions(on top of everything else).

Unfortunately, that is how some of us respond. If you don't love yourself it is hard to love others. You know the saying hurt people hurt people.

We have to be honest with ourselves and ask the hard questions. If we feel it is wrong for white people to feel uncomfortable around us then is it not equally wrong for us to feel uncomfortable around them?

I don't feel "uncomfortable" around anybody...To me that "uncomfortable" feeling sounds like fear...I don't fear white people or anyone for that matter...

I am more afraid of myself. The fear that I have is that I would allow myself feed into the BS that some of folks on here do when a white person or troll comes on here, only damage the strong spirit I have within. Defeating all purposes of being a strong black woman.

So be uncomfortable, be fearful, be paranoid, or whatever you want to call that the white man makes you feel. Spend the last days of your life being a coward of MAN. Allow him to make you feel uncomfortable, by all means.

We are on this world together whether you like it or not. You don't want to share this planet with the white man? Build a rocket ship and go to the moon. But for now this is where I am at and this is where I am going to pass. And so not to make my life less dreadful or worrisome about the next man and his qualms about me, I don't pay him no mind at all. I keep it pushin'...And I strongly suggest if you want "PEACE" in your life, you do the same.

I FEAR GOD.

I don't feel "uncomfortable" around anybody...To me that "uncomfortable" feeling sounds like fear...I don't fear white people or anyone for that matter...

I am more afraid of myself. The fear that I have is that I would allow myself feed into the BS that some of folks on here do when a white person or troll comes on here, only damage the strong spirit I have within. Defeating all purposes of being a strong black woman.

So be uncomfortable, be fearful, be paranoid, or whatever you want to call that the white man makes you feel. Spend the last days of your life being a coward of MAN. Allow him to make you feel uncomfortable, by all means.

We are on this world together whether you like it or not. You don't want to share this planet with the white man? Build a rocket ship and go to the moon. But for now this is where I am at and this is where I am going to pass. And so not to make my life less dreadful or worrisome about the next man and his qualms about me, I don't pay him no mind at all. I keep it pushin'...And I strongly suggest if you want "PEACE" in your life, you do the same.

I FEAR GOD.
Yes it is fear masquerading euphemistically as discomfort. White people are in the world. When they do things we want to be a part of it or we call them racist if they don't want us to be a part of it. But we don't see the double standard when we do the same thing. That is the way of double standards. They are imperceptible to those who create them.

You know how they say perfect love casts out fear. We are not perfect and so cannot love perfectly. But the Creator is perfect and can love others perfectly through us if we allow it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back