Black People : Why would a white person want to post on Destee?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Sekhemu, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    I've noticed from time to time white people reply to a number of threads here. Do white people see Destee as white friendly all of a sudden? Why would a caucasian post on an afro-centric website?

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    For the same reason they nest in our communities...we allow it.

3. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Anytime they see Black people getting together for a positive cause they become threatened. So, they infiltrate and ultimately become a sabotaging entity.

4. daroc

daroc Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +36
    u cant turn a specific question into a general one about all races cuz it does work wit this one, earth....

no offense to u.. but how did u find destee.. do a black search in hopes of realy learning something?u must have had some pre thots about the fact that u r white before coming here..... right?

to me this family reminds me of the good part.. the table i sit at in the cafeteria at lunch time.. wit folks i can relate wit... yes pain and love have no color and are universal.. so all races can relate... but the love hear is beyond that.....

ur probably not surprised that this question has been brought up.... prolly been waiting for it....

idk... im might be assuming or sounding racist....jus thots on my mind....

side note- in my opinion y would a person acknolwedge their color( being white) on a black site.... do they feel the need... should they be that comfortable.... or wat - is it a sign they think it helps... idk.. y is there a need to unveil oneself like that?

5. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Earth, don't git it twisted, man, segregation and separation are two diffent things(smile!) One, segregation, is statutorily implemented, a legal and involuntary conscribing of the separation of peoples(Jim Crow)... The other, separation, is voluntary, and actually pretty normal among most people of the earth...

Now, after a people have been through 400 years of rejection by a particular society and it's people, and fought so hard to end that society's hard-line against our inclusion in it, let's just say it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be in the first place(LOL!) Actually, there are Africans who just wanna be in the comforting presence of one another... You might not believe this, but White folks haven't made it a wonderful experience being in their presence, and that continues to this day... When you pop 19 of 41 bullets into a young man's back, you're sending a message to his community - "stay away from me, I'm dangerous..."

For me, and many others, White man aint no different now, than he was in Father's time... If Africans hadn't demanded that the society change, it never would have, and it demonstrates that on a daily basis... We're 40 years after all the struggles, and this society keeps it's hatred of us only thinly veiled... So, if we aint at'cha board, it is because we've got our own, and that's where we prefer to be... We can talk about the things we love, our culture, our Blues, our Jazz, Our Soul and HipHop/R&B, and we can do it in a language all our own... There's tremendous comfort in that, and we need some comfort after 400 years of dealing with externally-imposed stresses...

We owe no one any apologies for that... Those who believe we do are either ignorant or very arrogant, and neither of those is copacetic(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

6. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Earth:

Have you ever considered that black people don't participate on your forum, because they are not interested in what you have to say?

7. daroc

United States
    Ratings:
    +36
    earth.......
    its not ignorant to raise this question like u suggested wit ur mos def comment....its more of a good thing to post it and have answers out there then to go on assuming things that "may" not be the case....

i think brotha isaiah and pan made some wonderful points....

if u dont mind... go read my fredom poems... this site repsents a form of freedom for me knowing that i am fully accepted... and loved.... now.. being that this topic has been raised for u it may not do the same.. jus as a white forum may not for a black person... the comfort level jus aint good enuf....

8. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Earth, it's a tough room to work, man, what can I say - and by the way, we've been on the end you're on 'bout 4 or 5 centuries, so we aint gots to imagine nuffin'(smile!)

By the same token, while I might not find it strange that you're here, others do, and I understand... It's almost hysterical what's happening here in this thread, though... It is African people being very guarded about our domain, and I know that is the result of 5 centuries of having the White man horn in on our privacy, among other things... You may not understand that, but then whether you understand it or not is not our issue... It is yours...

Additionally, Earth, what good has come of our association with Whites??? Where has this association led us??? Why do you think after these 4 centuries that we should view rapping and associating with Whites as a positive??? As I said to you somewhere else, you got to do the work among your own... When African folks see the results of that work, we are usually a pretty open folk... We might accept you a little more... Of course I speak only for Isaiah, not others... What can I say, man... I refuse to call my brothers and sisters on their lack of acceptance of you... It is their right and their perogative... I cannot say that I accept you, or if I ever will, but I can talk to ya... That don't hurt me at all - and just may well help you... I can get down with that... White folks definitely need help in overcoming their NegroPhobia and Xenophobia...

Peace!
    Isaiah

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Brother Sekhemu ... we show respect to all that come here ... and i suppose that most anyone would find that inviting ... regardless of color.

:heart:

Destee

10. daroc

United States
    Ratings:
    +36
    jus to b funny fo a min

this reminds me of that dave chappel show when he is the head off KKK.... o dam did that one make me laf